Debate Dish vs. Cable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bluefuzyslipper, May 6, 2004.

1. bluefuzyslipper

bluefuzyslipper New Member

Those commercials bug me. Both Dish, and Cable commercials diss each other. Which one do you think is better? :catgirl:

2. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I have both. We have cable for canadian channels and a few U.S. ones but we use the sattelitte to get swedish and german channels. I like cable more since my satellite is cruddy and always goes off when theres lightning.

3. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Cable. Can't stand Dish commercials.

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

dish, cause the only place i see those stupid comercials, are when i'm in the 100's hehe silly free view things...

seriously, i love dish mainly for the radio channels. i have cable internet, but to add tv to it will like, nearly triple my bill, so no...in the long run, this is cheaper, has better packages, and i likes it more. ^^

nothing like having a dish out front that says "Sony" in huge letters on it's tiny self. and well, i'm a sony fiend, so let me advertise hehe

1 person likes this.
  5. Dante

Dante New Member

Haven't had Dish before, but love the Comcast Cable and such... well, when I had that, that is. :p Now I only get to enjoy it over my brother's. ;P All the countless HBOs and Cinemaxes and Movie Channels and Showtimes and then the (albeit very limited and very cheesy) Anime Channel thingy on On Demand and all that crap... yeah, was rather nifty... oh, how I miss it. ._.

In the long run, however, I would like to see them both go down in a clash of glorious war, viciously splitting open each others' skulls and throats as blood rains down from the heavens upon the scenes of gore and the ferocious cries of the Television Battle Field.

May God have mercy on their souls...

6. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

i think to each their own.
    usually if you have cable youll think dish sucks but if you have dish youll think cable sucks.
    only if you have both is the only i think you can really say.
    my opinion.

7. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I used to have a dish. After moving two years ago, we could have kept it but went to cable instead (partly for the broadband connection). I miss the dish.

Effing cable takes to seconds to change the channel, and makes channel surfing a hugely annoying chore. This alone is enough to make me want to change back (though I'd have to keep the cable internet connection somehow).

From my perspective anyway, Dish Network > Bresnan Cable (formerly ATT Cable). And Bresnan has the most horrible ads I've ever seen.

8. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

On the upside for cable, most cable companies offer cable internet ;) And cable internet is a bazillion times better than satellite internet.