Creative Writing Do you ever wonder...

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Stardust Phox, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

...what makes a series great, what fuels the mind of the author, what captivates the mind?

...I think it's as incomprehensible as is life, because there are so many different tastes, and to be able to appeal to so many of them...

...just, y'know, being semi-philosophical here, heheh. ^^; It just came to me when thinking about Saber Marionette J. And Eva. And all those other great series. Doesn't it make you wonder?

Have you ever thought about what will happen if there is nothing left to explore with the tool of writing? I highly doubt we'll ever reach such a point. The human mind is capable of many great things. It's such a refreshing thought.

...just thought I'd share that with all you fellow authors/readers/watchers out there... ^_~

2. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

I wonder all the time how the author of a series comes up with whatever the came up with, such wonderous ideas, two prime examples being Angel Sanctuary and Eva. From the basic story line, right on down to the plot twists and all the strange, exotic, kicky original characters. And I just hope that one day, I can come up with such original stuff. ^^;

3. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Hmm, not really. To be honest, I don't have a clue where I get my own ideas from, and I suppose it's probably the same for the talented people who bring us those kick *** animes 'n ****. It's probably a combination of their experiences(including other art) and their dreams and imagination. But I'll be damned if I know.