Saber Marionette Does anyone else

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Lady Aoi, Oct 18, 2001.

1. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

like Hanagata? O_______O;;; At the risk of sounding crazy, I'm going to say I do. Quite a bit, actually. I know quite a few people find him annoying, stupid or just plain pointless, but I find him amusing and rather fascinating. Am I alone in my Hana-headness?

[This message has been edited by Lady Aoi (edited 10-18-2001).]

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Hanagata, eh?

Hmmm....I might be seeing where this debate could skew off to, so I guess I'll start with the Saber Marionette J society, whilst I ponder this:

I understand the society of Terra II, and how it is composed of entirely men with robotic women servants...and as such, the acceptance of homosexuality is without a doubt more normal than Otaru's affection towards his marionettes...I mean, the world is most likely not without any form of sexuality... So the reason so many people bunk on him in the series is probably not due to this...

Ignoring that whole portion of him, I find Hanagata a laffable and comical character. SMJ just wouldn't seem the same without the standard "Ooootaaaru-kun!" every now and again...

I admit at first, I got quite annoyed at times, and I flip-flopped through wanting to see him get a knuckle-sandwich and feeling sorry for the poor guy...

He is, believe or not, an intricate part of the story's design, and without him, I suppose it would be that much less enjoyable...

BakaMattSu, truthfully, a bit of a homophobic in real-life...

3. Lady Aoi

Not only less enjoyable

((eep sorry! I hit "new topic" instead of reply o_O;;;" Not only would SMJ be less funny without Hana-ko, it would be far less interesting. When I was watching SMJ Again, I would often wait impatiently for him to pop out of the rice bowl/closet/underwear drawer. ^_~

I agree with you on the points you mentioned above. Hanagata is mistreated because he's forcefully annoying and not because he's gay as far as I'm concerned. What I also find interesting is that Otaru never ultimately kicks him out of his life as a friend, in spite of his many (and often rather inappropriate) advances. It makes me think deep down he really does value Hanagata's company.

*sniff sniff* kinda brings a tear to your eye, ne ^_^;.

[This message has been edited by Lady Aoi (edited 10-18-2001).]

4. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

yeah, comic relief is necessary, and he's funny. But, you don't have to like the comic relief [​IMG] Agreed, he needs to be in the series, but he sure is annoying

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I don't think it's because Otaru hasn't tried to do so, it's just that I don't think the guy'd leave him alone even if he tried to remove him from his life (hmmm... maybe should try that with a fanfic sometime - would Hana take Otaru's rejection..?)

BakaMattSu, inappropriate? Never!

"I am your breakfast."
    -Hanagata

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

*thinks!!, thinks!!!!!!*

After serious consideration....I can't see Saber Marionette J without Hanagata. His crazy antics are hillarious!!

It annoys me though when Yumeji steps in and yells "BROTHER!!" when Hanagata gets beaten up....then you feel sorry for the dude.

Something else that's cool about Hanagata is the amount of HP the guy has!!! It's gotta be like 1000000000 [​IMG] . I mean, probably every day he gets hits by a marionette with a punch that exerts a force of like 1000000 Newtons!! Suggesting that Hanagata has a weight of 60 kg, his acceleration would be 16667 m/s^2!!!!

"OTARU KUN!!!!!!"

---------
    Errrr....studying for Physics has never been so fun!!!

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Well...uh, I think he'd have a low HP... but a high recovery rate...

Additionally, the marionettes don't hit him with full force...just enough to send him into orbit [​IMG]

BakaMattSu, if x is y, y is the angle of a marionette's launch coupled with Terra II's escape velocity and z is the equivalent of Hanagata's flight breaking the sound barrier....erm...I've got a headache...

"How much force should I use?"
    "Pretend you're kicking Hanagata!"
    -Lime & Otaru

8. Lady Aoi

*Sits there laughing her ass off*

Oi, you guys! Be nice!!

Hey, you should write math problems about Hanagata's velocity and whether or not he'll collide with an oncoming train and things like that.

9. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Hey, I never thought Physics could be so fun...

BakaMattSu, wait 'til Zelda, Granny, and Irving get a load of Hanagata....(don't expect to get it - inside joke [​IMG])

10. Lady Aoi

Matt: (hmmm... maybe should try that with a fanfic sometime - would Hana take Otaru's rejection..?)

^^ I should show you a little piece I've written on the subject....

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

oooOOOOooo hana fanfic?

Should I be scared, excited, or indifferent?

BakaMattSu, in other words, "Show Me! Show Me!"

12. That guy!

LMAO!!!!!!

Damn, Granny would just throw away the cat(at 90 degrees...50 metres)...and beat the hell out of Hanagata for fun! And Zelda....errr, she'd probably sit on him(she's a big girl!!).

Why don't you have a fanfic where Hanagata finds out that he's a pure clone of Faust!!, t'would be cool...they look rather similar too.

13. Lady Aoi

Hanagata a pure clone of Fausto-sama, ne?

Hrrrm....

Gimme some time and I'll write one most likely.

14. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

So the real question is:

"If BloodBerry tosses Hanagata off a 50-foot cliff, at an angle of 35 degrees, and an initial speed of 65 m/s, how far from the cliff will he land..."

BakaMattSu, showing that Anime is very good at breaking the laws of Physics... so it's not good to think of the subject while watching...

15. Lady Aoi

Intriguing question, Matt. Before I calculate it, may I ask the following points of clarification?

1. Wind resistence: is it a very blustery day? This may have a minor but no less mathematically important effect on the equation (especially if Bloodberry is throwing Hanagata towards a specific target, say a garbage dump or (if he really angered her) a pirahna-filled river

2. small low-flying aircraft: is one flying by? Would Hanagata land in some unsuspecting hot air baloon? That may carry him as far away as New Texas?

3. Torque: I just know it's important.

4. How much did Hanagata p*ss her off (dude what the ****! I can't say ****ed off here? LOL!)

5. Are there any pits/chasms nearby and if so, should Hanagata fall into one, do we add the distance he falls into the strata into our answer?

6. How about the pit his body makes on impact with solid ground?

~Lady Aoi "President of the SFPCAHM (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty Against Hanagata Mitsurugi) [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Lady Aoi (edited 10-22-2001).]

16. Lady Aoi

And Dude, where is everyone today?!?

~ Lady Aoi who is ****ed off royally that she can't express how ****ed off she is by being prevented from using her most ****ing treasured vocabulary ****ing words like **** ass hell damn **** **** and ratface dingleberry barf bag

17. Lady Aoi

LOL. Gomen, having too much fun with the board.

~ Lady Aoi (who is going off to read Charles Dickens now like a good little Victorian Lit afficionado)

18. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

there's lots of stuff you can't say, certain harmless websites come to mind..

All very good points lady aoi, that make it impossible for me to calculate the answer. Too many unknowns [​IMG]

19. That guy!

Sorry Lady Aoi...I was sorta busy yesterday so I couldn't post [​IMG]

You can solve that problem with the equation using:

dx = dix + vixt + 1/2at^2

but first we need to know the time,
    so dy is
    dy = diy + Viyt + 1/2ayt^2
    50 = 0 + 0 + 1/2(9.8)t^2
    50 = 4.9t^2
    10.2 = t^2
    3.19 s = t

(now that we know the time)
    dx = diy + Viyt +1/2ayt^2
    dx = 0 + 65(3.19) + 1/2(0)x(3.19)^2
    dx = 207.4 m

Hmm, the angle doesn't matter methinks.

----
    Correct me if I'm wrong in my calculation there... gotta get to school.

20. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Hanagata... just what would SMJ,Again,J-X, etc be without him? it'd be R.

Add the 'special item' in and you get...

-UK
    -----------
    sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, in the spam