Square Enix Dragon Quest VIII

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sieghardt, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

Recently been playing this, quite possibly the best RPG of 2005, IMO. I'm really enjoying this trip down memory lane, bringing back great thoughts of the previous titles. It has that same, old school feel, and brings quite a challenge for newcomers to the series.

Special bonus: FF XII demo. :O

Anyone else check it out yet?

2. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I am not sure if I have the time to play an RPG.

But getting the XII demo is...tempting.

- Teddz

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Just rent it, play the demo, then the game if you want. Renting it for just a demo in some ways is worth it.

-Seishin

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I signed up for the DQ8 demo disc mailout, but only so I could get the free slime keychain. :p

5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Yeah, like there are rental shops in Sweden :rolleyes:

6. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Yeah man we should all know what another country has and doesn't have Teddz! :rolleyes:

7. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Poor soul.....

Well, you're gonna have to go to te cheapo way and either borrow from if friend (if there's such thing), or wait a couple of years until PS4 or something is released, and the game's like 20 cents :p

-Seishin

8. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

I can only wonder why the people from Dragon Quest look so much like people from Dragon Ball.

9. Orion

Orion Gears

You do know Dragon Quest was made by the creator of Dragonball right? :p
    I hope you did, maybe you were just trying to sound funny? :D

10. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I think she was......Anyways, I'm wanting to check it out. It looks okay and somewhat fun.

11. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Well if he/she was, why would he/she be working for a video game company for any reason?

12. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I think the big get up in this game is the FFXII Demo. I'm guessing most that played it stayed stuck in the demo, rather than the game itself.

I played a bit, and it's awsome. The weird resemblense to Dragon Ball character makes it a bit odd though. Don't know if it's good or bad.

Abilities are good, so far at least. And voice acting is decent.

-Seishin

13. Zanth

Zanth New Member

I really enjoy DQVIII. It has that old school feel of the first DQ games, but updated to not be so crusty. I like the old 8 bit sound when you win a fight and stuff, its pretty sweet. The FFXII is a nice bonus, but the real beauty is in DQVIII itself.

14. Fushigi Rockna

Akira Toriyama did not create Dragon Quest: He designed the charcters. he's been the character designer of the series since it started.
    He also did the character designs of another square favorite: Chorno trigger.

Manga-ka sometimes do character designs and other art for video games. For example Kosuke Fujishima, the man behidn Aa! Megami-sama!/Oh! My Goddess!, designs the characters for namco's 'Tales of' series (he did the designs for Tales of Phantasia and tales of Symphonia FOR SURE. I'm not sure if he did the deisgns for the rest of the games, but I'm assuming he did.)

As for this game its self...It's been tempting to go out and buy...mostly for the FFXII demo, cause ya know it'll be FOREVER before that FINALLY does come out....But my brother's the one that REALLY wanted this game, so I'll wait till he gets the money...then I'll milk the FFXII demo off him. << >> *cough*

15. Seishin

Seishin Guest

God, I hate how a lot of game time revolves on leveling up.

The Final Fantasy XII DEMO is the real thing though.

The trailer is awsome, and the gameplay is great.

The real good way a FF game should be.

I love it how the use the FFVII victory song after beating the boss on 'Wait-Mode'

-Seishin