Creative Writing Dragonball Z?

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Feb 25, 2002.

1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I have a plan for a Dragonball Z fanfiction, based on an RPG I've run twice now. The trouble is that before I start, I'd like the permission of the original players of the characters to use them in my story. If I cannot get the permission from each member of either of these two groups, I will still go forward, but with different characters.
    Below I give the character's name, who played them (who I need the "okay" from) and a brief description of the character to refresh the memory of the player, in case they forgot.

Possibility #1
    Dono-san-sama-kun-chan - BakaMattSu - the hopeless womanizer of a warrior.
    Akito Samanosuki (or something like that) - That guy! - A mysterious warrior with a faithful feline companion.
    Daveman X - IDAVE (TG, could you ask him, por favor) - A half-Saiyan dedicated to discovering his father's legacy.
    Sihrc - Morphous (since he'll never read this, I guess I'll have to e-mail him ...) - A mercenary with an enchanted sword.

Possibility #2
    Caracol - That guy! - Absent-minded Namek.
    Baracol - Heero Yui - Caracol's brother.
    Lu-Lu - Seraphim - Dart-thrower extraordinaire.
    Jo-E - Morphous (since he'll never read this, I guess I'll have to e-mail him ...) - Henchman/paleontologist's assistant.

It's a cool story, and although I could make it work with new characters, I'd like to use some of these, if possible. It would give me something to work with.

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I know Donosan just wouldn't be the same this way... but I really have other plans for the guy... so, you can use him, providing:

a) His shtick is different (i.e. he no longer can produce an endless supply of chopsticks from nowhere...)

b) His name changes...

I know this sounds kind of selfish, but I've been tossing around amateur manga ideas involving the Dono... so, I'm truly sorry, but I'd like to reserve him...:(

3. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Matt, are you planning on writing up a fanfic involving the Ranma RPG people? That might prove interesting.

-UK

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

ehh? You mean like a written version of what happened in the RPG or just a fic involving the use of the original characters involved?

BakaMattSu, either way he may not be the best fic-writer candidate...

5. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Well, either would be cool... but you don't feel confident in you writing abilities? I think you under-estimate yourself. 'Sides, who else would you get to write it?

6. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

So, BMS, basically your answer is "no"? That's fine. I'll work around it.

7. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

That would be interesting though, hmmm...what's happening with the Ranma RPG anyway? I'd like to see what would happen in a story about the Ranma RPG characters.