Dynamic Forces Botp fan club

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by Elvin Ruler, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

Hey all,
    Just found out about something cool. Dynamic Forces has a fan club which includes a litho, newsletter, trading cards, and a whole lot more that I don't feel like typing out. I think the prices are reasonable. There's a regular version and a deluxe version- the deluxe version's items are all signed by the artists. Anyways, makes me wish I had some money to spend on things other than necessities. Here's the link: http://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles/botpfanclub.html

Well, there you go.
    Elvin Ruler

2. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Now which one should I go for, special or normal...

:)

Nice one Elvin Ruler, spotted lots of other nice stuff there too, Smallville comic, but it's a pity that BotP issue #1 seems to be sold out :dizzy2:

3. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Then again the damn postage to Europe is 25 dollars - WTF! I had only chosen one free BotP preview comic and the postage was 25 dollars...

4. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

Actually, at another messageboard, DF said that the kit could be ordered through ACE Comics in the UK and you could save on the postage. On the comic, from what I can tell, that is DF's version. Top Cow still has it in the coming soon feature. In fact, there's a lot of hype going on the main page of Top Cow's website. It ships to retailers everywhere the second week of July. ^_^ The numbers so far are predicting that about 150,000 comics will be sold. That's a great number. Anyways, I'm getting my copy in comic shop in a city that's fairly close to here. They said they'd carry it when I got there early. So you may want to check out different shops around your area. Well, talk later,
    Elvin Ruler

5. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

Thought I'd post this letter from the DF spokesman to another Botp fan in the UK.
    Dear "name withheld",
    You can order it through ACE Comics in the UK and save on most of the
    shipping. It still doesn't ship until October, but you will get it earlier.

Nick

Also, from the looks of it, the comic that is sold out is the DF special edition Alex Ross cover Battle of the Planets comic. ^_^ They still have the $70 version though. I think I'll stick to the $2 version, thank you.
    From the esteemed,
    Elvin Ruler

P.S. It's very hard to type with a psychotic kitten trying to rip your hands off. Anyone want one? ^_^ I'm sure they'd handle the trip from the US to the UK just fine.

6. Dei

Dei New Member

I did find ACE comics online, but it took a while. The Ace Comics of interest to us over in Europe is at:
    http://www.acecomics.net The Flash version seems more usable, though it's still annoying in places.

There is also an acecomics.com, but that's a NJ based site that leads to this mailordercomics.com site which I know nothing about.

Name Withheld. ;)

7. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

^_^ Thanks for more info, Name Witheld. I didn't put your name because I've been flamed for putting people's names on different messageboards. Ah well. *sigh* I am so bored. It's been flooding real bad here and the river's been across the road all week. It finally fell enough yesterday for us to go out and celebrate my mom's birthday, but it was back to 32' this morning. ^_^ When we were at Wal-Mart yesterday, they were playing Enya's Sail Away on the radio. Not a good choice considering that one of the residential areas had just been ordered to evacuate. Well, enough of that, at least my house won't get flooded.
    From the esteemed
    Elvin Ruler

8. Dei

Dei New Member

Shhh.... I'm not upset, I fully understand why you did that and it is a sensible precaution. But I couldn't help tweaking your leg a bit. :D

Oh dear. :( Does this mean that you're in Texas? I hope the river keeps going down.

Dei.

9. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

^_^ I know.

Yeah, fortunately it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Also, the area evacuated did not get flooded, but it was a wise precaution. Unfortunately, San Antonio, Medina, and parts of the Hill Country are in rough shape. The entire town of Fredricksburg was hit by a flash flood. The Medina dam is leaking and water poured over the spillway for the first time ever (about 90 years). San Antonio has flooding with two inches of rain, never mind 12. I think one of the only reasons Gonzales, the town nearest to where I live, didn't have problems was because we built a dam right after clean-up for the 1998 flood. The creek near my house still looks like a river ^_^, but we were able to get out through backroads today. Really, keep Texas in your prayers. It's a big agriculture state and a lot of fields and hay took a lot of damage. I don't think many cattle were lost, because we had a lot of warning, but, what with the drought and now the flood, farmers are going to have more trouble. I know three people died in the flood this year, one fireman died in Austin, a teenager walking near a swollen creek fell in and drowned and a little boy walking near a creek fell in and drowned as well. Anyways, keep Texas in your prayers.
    Talk later,
    Elvin Ruler