Video Games Dynasty Warriors

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Novus, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Novus

Novus Gone

I recently got Xtreme Legends: Dynasty Warriors 3 at EB for $43, more or less. This is somewhat akin to an expansion for DW3, but can be played alone (lucky for me, since I can't afford the original).
    I was wondering if anyone else is a fan of this series.

2. jindo

jindo New Member

Repeatitive hack and slash is not type of games that I usually play. Although the Dynasty Warriors Tactics looks does hold my interest.

3. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I started playing DW games with DW2 and I play DW3 every now and then. I like both of them but I'm not a real fan of DW series.

Who do you play with? I use Lu Xun, Guan Yu and Zhang Fei the most.

4. Novus

Novus Gone

In Xtreme, I use Meng Huo. Otherwise, I like Lu Xun and Sun Shang Xiang. I'm a big fan of Wu, and I've become convinced that Liu Bei is my enemy.
    This is just about the only smash-everything-in-sight game I play.

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Many people playing DW I know play with Wu. I play with Wu sometimes, but I use Shu the most. Lu Xun is only Wu general I play with often.

6. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy New Member

Ive been playing number 3 with extreme legends for 4 weeks strait. I have owned a lot longer though and i like it better then number 4. I like using sun ce and pang tong there kewl :cool:

7. Solo

Solo New Member

oo~~ i love DW! its the best game eva! I played it forever. i have 3 and 4. 4 is better of course. I love it to death. Lotsa bishys and stuff. Its good if you're bored and just wanna kill things ya know~? so is GTA, but thats diff >_>

anyone~~ should love this game~ if they dun then they weird o_o

8. Novus

Novus Gone

I've been meaning to pick up DW4 just for the option of creating a character. I have a few to play with in my head ... Cao Pu, Mu Cao ... the list goes on. As it is, they're my bodyguards in Xtreme.

9. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Being Chinese in nature this game caught my interest and although some (or most) things are inaccurate, the game has a great feel to it and the battles are both hectic and fun. People like Zhang Fei i'm pretty sure was not a fighter (however i may be wrong). I dunno her name but the girl with the duel sickles is my favourite character.

10. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Shenlong_nk,

Zhang Fei was a warrior :p / Yes, for those who didn't know, I am chinese too /

Anyways, heard of this game before, but I am not that into hack'n'slash games, but I might give it a try since Chinese influenced games have always made me proud :)

- Teddz

11. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Zhang Fei was a warrior and if I remeber correctly some myths say that he invented kung-fu or tai-chi. I need to dig up my 'World of Martial Arts' and check out my statement.

---

CORRECTION: Zhang Fei has no connection to kung-fu or tai-chi. Tai-chi was invented by Zhang Sanfeng who I confused with Zhang Fei.

---

An another historical fact is that Guan Yu invented personally the weapon he uses in DW games. A spear with a pike in it's other end.

I'm neither chinese or student of any martial art, but I study theory behind fighting and hand-to-hand weapons. I do some training with bokken to study it more deeply. When I have enough money, I'll buy more weapons to study them.

12. Novus

Novus Gone

Of course the game's inaccurate. There's separate scenarios that depict each side as the winner. And if you go extreme, you can have a barbarian tribe defeated Zhuge Liang, who apparently had his own army and was the best tactitian in Chinese history. Also, is it really likely that one person could kill 1000 enemies without getting so much as injured? Games are never historically accurate. Look at all the WW2 sims out there. Or all the medieval games where people start throwing fireballs. Anyway, that's my rant for today.
    What about Lu Bu? I heard most of the stuff about him is true.

13. Novus

Novus Gone

Okay, I thought I'd resurrect this old thing, seeing as I just got a great deal on DW4 last weekend. Found it used, saved me $21 in a nutshell.
    I've already made my signature character "Doug Zhuo", but I was disappointed with the shortage of cool weapons for custom characters. And the lack of a two-handed sword for the female characters. Otherwise, I like the branching storylines and the like.

14. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Dynasty Warriors is like the best game out there. especially when you play a co op campaign with your friend. I hate losing because of him. Also i love using cheats to unlock all the generals

15. Novus

Novus Gone

Why bother? It's more fun to get them all for busting so much ***. Like when I womped Taishi Ci so bad that he joined me. Or the satisfaction when you see that "A New Character Is Now Available" message on your screen. I was a little annoyed that I had to actually earn some of the characters in #4 who appeared in the instruction book.

16. raziel's death

raziel's death New Member

well i like all the dw's and beat all but the first one because i lost it, but my fav char in #4 is rank max lu bu i think i spelled it wrong? or i like the shang shang girl at max rank from #4. but the best would have to be extreme mousu # 3 be cause i liked the wizard u can play.