Square Enix easy leveling up

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by toeskater91, Mar 28, 2005.

1. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

everybody know that in the ff games there are places that allow you to level up your characters easily
    here is where those places can be told
    lets tell
    oh andf there may be SPOILERS so be careful

i will start
    FF7: after recieving the buggy head back to costa del sol. get on the shiop and head to junon. stay in upper junon. remember the huge ship rufus road in after the parade with hiedegar?there was a crossroads type screan in between the 2 views of the ship. go into that area. head down on the left side of the wall(your left not clouds). find the alarm box and press you okay button. a read light a siren will sound. you will then be able to fight Slalom's and Death MAchines from disc 2. characters level up quickly if kept alive. when rest is needed head to the upper junon inn and pay 30 gil. there is also a save point. a person i know did this and left the first disc woth cloud at level 55. this is a good place on disc one to level up.
    there's one easy place to level up

2. ~ruby_zeal~

~ruby_zeal~ New Member

FFX:

there is a place called omega dungeon that you can reach after you get the airship. Talk to cid and enter the coordinates: X-74, Y-36. there are a lot of tough monsters like master tonberry's. your celestial weapons are handy, but you dont really need them unless you can do 9999 damage without them. early on, you get like 10+ SP after everybattle. the final boss will be a piece of cake after you leave here.

Also, the dungeon is a side quest where you fight ultima and omega weapon if you go deeper in. but again, if you train some first, they will be pretty easy too.

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The ULTIMATE level up trick in Final Fantasy X?

Capture a Tonberry. Set Tidus (or whoever you're willing to kill plenty of times) to the Overdrive that raises his bar everytime he's damaged. Give him a weapon that has Overdrive -> AP. If you want to overkill it, make a weapon that has Overdrive -> AP, Triple AP, and 3x AP. Set the other two to the Overdrive that gives them points for Tidus getting hurt (Friend, I think it is). Set an Overdrive -> AP weapon to them as well. Overkill it, if you want. But, to make it easier set Auto-Phoenix to both of them.

Now, go to the Monster Arena, and pick the Tonberry to fight. Make sure the other two characters DO NOT ATTACK. Keep on having Tidus attack. The reason I use Tidus is that he is usually the character that kills the most creatures in a game...thus Tonberry's Karma attack will attack him for 99999 damage. Now, since his Overdrive fills up everytime he's hurt...and you circumvent that with Overdrive -> AP...he gets 99999 exp everytime the Tonberry kills him. ALSO, the two other characters get exp too, because of Tidus getting hurt. Auto-Phoenix makes it easier by not having to cast Life everytime the attacking character dies.

I got 50+ sphere levels each time I did this. =P Obviously, this is only if you want to face Nemesis, or the Dark Aeons...for all you International folks.

Then there are certain custom monsters in the Monster Arena that give you Status spheres which ups your status permanently. My Tidus, Yuna, and Rikku were at 255 for every stat. Which is the max you can get. =P It's funny to see Rikku run up giggling, then hit for 99999 damage to some big freaky monster. Or Yuna hit them with a stick for the same amount. =P

Final Fantasy VIII's is easy. Get the Tonberry King GF, then go to the Island Closest to Heaven/Hell. There you'll find LOTS of hidden draw points...3 each of Ultima/Holy/Meteor plus many others. Use Tonberry King to LVL UP any monster to lvl 100. Use Doomtrain to cast every status ailment on the monster...and go to town.

Of course, FFVIII is lots more fun if you try to finish it at a really low level. Like...15.

4. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Well, i know a trick that could help you beat harder battles easier on FFX-2. All that this requires is that you have a "Catnip" item, and a Gunner with "Trigger Happy LV.3". What you do is: equip the catnip on the gunner. Let her recive at least around %50 damage to her life, then the catnip comes to work. Since it makes any damage 9999 when your health is that low, then use Trigger Happy Lv.3, and each hit will do 9999 damage, therefore obliterating anyone in your way, making you virtuall invincible for the moment. But take heap, the effect goes for the opponent as well, so make sure you use your powers quickly!

All you have to do now is go pick on the biggest, baddest monsters, and overkill them, then gain all the experience.

-Seishin

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

You'd probably want to Hastega your party before trying to do teh Catnip trick. =P

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Nostalgia!

FFIV: The Lunar Core. Sure, it's the last dungeon, and you have to go through it, but every fight has a chance of getting you some nice items, and good experience, and it's possible to survive here even on low levels, because the monsters take strategy to beat, not strength. Except the last section of it. Fight Zemus' Breath, and he won't do anything but cast Raibura on you over and over, so, as long as you don't use magic, you can kill him with nothing but patience, for a reward of 55000 experience a kill!

Of course, leveling up isn't very necessary in that game. Lvl. 50 is high enough to kill Zeromus.

FFV: Phoenix Tower. Climb the thing, and descend it over and over. Easy enemies, decent bonuses, all around easy levels. (+Job Points :))

FFVI: Get the Exp. Egg and Tintinabar. Put them on one character, have them go, alone, to Doma Castle. Fight in the area around it, keeping yourself invisible with Vanish or Phantom. You only have 1 attack to worry about from the enemies, and each battle will yield anywhere from 10000-40000 experience! Healing? Free because of the tintinabar. (Except MP. Try to avoid using magic. The Atma Weapon is very useful here)

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

FF1: Fun with the Peninsula

There's a four tile area north by northeast of the second town (Pravoka) that fires off battles with some of the toughest baddies in the game. While it is a bit much for your party to take on early, by the time you're nearly done with Elfland, some strong magic and gear can help you scrape by and earn some sizable cash and experience.

And I can't believe I found a Screenie of this place, too! Guess it's more common knowlegde than I had thought.

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Speaking of Final Fantasy I, there's a dungeon where EVERY tile nets you a fight with some Hill Gigas. Just stay there for a while, and your experience will skyrocket.

9. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Ah, how could I have forgotten that one? It's the left hand corridor that loops around on the first floor of the Earth Cave, conveniently by the stairs.

Screenie

10. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

wow this thread has really taken off
    i will have to try some of these for ff 1
    keep it up

11. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I'm pretty sure most everybody knows this one...

Final Fantasy II. The stat system is based on the type of fighting you do. If a character gets damaged a lot, his/her HP will go up. If he/she uses a lot of melee weapons, then the skill of that particular style of weapon goes up.

So, waht that means is that you can hit your OWN characters, and get the HP bonuses! That's right! Walk around the first city, get into a fight with Goblins, and beat YOURSELF! Don't *kill* yourself, of course...but, take roughtly half of each of your character's HP.

You *should* net yourself an HP bonus, at the end of the fight. Also, if you hit them enough, the stamina statistic goes up too...which boosts your defense.

====

Final Fantasy V. Well, this isn't really a "level up" trick as much as it is useful once you *are* leveled up.

As soon as you reach full levels with all the job classes, do yourself a favor, go back to the basic "Bare" Job Class. This doens't net you a cool looking character..but it does allow you to customize his/her ablities. Also, "Bare" class can use *ANY* set of armor/protection in the game. It's useful.

12. Reisti Skalchaste

Actually, I found Mime to be a better class than Suppin. They can equip 3 abilities, and most armor. Weapons are next to useless when you can multicast 4 6 spells, right? (Yes, it works in both FFV and VI, you just need to know how)

Find my post explaining how to defeat Shinryuu (not meee :D) for further explanation.

13. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Yes, but the Mime class is not able to equip a Ribbon. And you know how valuable a commodity Ribbon is in FF games!

Although, I never beat the game with ALL "Bare" characters. I do always have one Mime, to do my White Magic and !Toss and !Sword....just in case.

14. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

allright
    i have another ff7 leveling up place
    afrter you get the submerine do some searching and you should find a submerged plane.
    the gelnika(cloud will tell you exactly what its called)\
    anyway this plane has some tough creatures and valuable items
    the must have items are double cut materis, yuffie's ultimate weopon the conformer, cid's ultimate limit break, and the hades summon materis
    you can also morph the enemies into source items
    when here save often with the save point because the things here can kill you quickly

15. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

This will work on any Final Fantasy game...any RPG game as a matter of fact. Get a sibling of yours, or a friend and ask them to level up your characters. See, that way you dont do anything yet you manage to level up your characters. :D :D :D

And all the others i had in mind, were already said.

16. Reisti Skalchaste

Only if they don't ruin your file. I let a cousin play my file on Vay once, a long time ago. He totally ruined everything. He sold all my best items, and used all my good healing items, by the time he was done, I had to restart! Considering I was near the end of the game... :anger2:

17. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

Yes I forgot to mention that, dont lend it to someone who have some sort of tension with. They seek revenge and your precious little RPG which you spend so much time with is thier main target sometimes...
    Happened to me once, and I too was so close...

18. Reisti Skalchaste

He had no ill will toward me, just an overwhelming stupidity. He sold all of my equipment for a useless sword, "because he wanted to see how cool it would be."

He used all my Phoenix Hearts, because "his MP was low." Nevermind that you could easily go back to town or live on your own until you gained a level.

He used my Lifestone. My LIFESTONE. The thing you literally HAVE to have to beat the end boss! (actually, I played it through again, and beat it without the thing, but ehh)