Email problems ... again

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Novus, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Novus

Novus Gone

Okay, I'm having a bit of trouble concerning my email address and stuff from this site floating into it.
    I'm not currently subscribed to any threads, and yet my inbox is continually filled with notification that messages have been posted in my subscribed threads (which seem to be just random threads that I may or may not have posted in at some point or other). I have email notification turned off, whatever that means. The only thing I should be receiving email about is private messages (which does happen, in addition to the stuff that I'm complaining about).
    I would like to know what I can do about this problem. My inbox is otherwise kept relatively clean, save when I get a few dozen reply notifications. I'd like to keep it empty, so I can see when I actually get emailed for something.
    Please help, if you can.

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Check your profile's main page.

At the very bottom should be a category listing called "Subscribed Threads". Check to see if it is empty. If not, take this chance to do so.

Turning "e-mail notification by default" off if the right thing to do. While it's on it while automatically subscribe you to every thread you post in. IIRC, it's on by default, so that may have been why you have subscribed threads.

Let us know.

3. Novus

Novus Gone

Yeah, I already did that a while back. Yet, yesterday when I logged on, there were like three threads in there. Of course, I unsubscribed them, but they shouldn't have been there in the first place.
    Why doest the system hate me? What did I ever do to it?
    I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope this stops.

4. Novus

Novus Gone

I had intended for my farewell post to be my final message, but I have noticed that I'm STILL receiving these emails. Is there any way to stop this? If not, could I be removed from the members list? That might help ... I'd prefer not, as I'd like to at least pretend I can come back if I can manage it, but if it's the only way to keep my inbox free, than so be it.

5. C-chan

C-chan New Member

A pesky problem if turning email notification off doesn't work. If worse comes to worst, you could set your email service to automatically block emails sent from M2A. Of course, you won't be able to receive any emails from M2A at all, even the ones dealing with private messages, but at least it should keep your inbox relatively clear.

But if you want to keep receiving emails about private messages, another option for you is to use email filters to send all M2A emails without the words "Private Message" straight into your trash. And then, to save space in your email account, you could set the trash to automatically delete emails in it after a day or so.

Hope this helps; it would be shame if someone left M2A because of something like this. ^_^

[Edit: Gah! I hate typos! >_<]

6. Novus

Novus Gone

I'm probably overreacting there.
    I honestly can't believe that I didn't think of email filters myself ... I was just telling someone how to use one a few days ago.
    Thank you, I'll give that a try.