Creative Writing Endcatcher Writing Game

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by BakaMattSu, Jan 7, 2007.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Let's play a simple game that will exercise our minds and have a little fun while we're at it. We take turns writing a story 1-3 sentences at a time. The twist is that your first sentence has to contain the last word that is 4 letters or longer from the previous paragraph.

Example post #1:
    Every now and then I enjoy going to the beach with my dog. I bring a frisbee and spend hours playing fetch with her. It's good exercise for the both of us.

("both" is the word that must be contained in the next post.)

Example post #2:
    Sometimes one of my friends will come along and bring his dog, too. Both of them are good pals, but they often fight over who gets to return the frisbee.

("frisbee" would next to be somewhere in the next post. Easy, huh?)

The word does not have to stay in the same tense or number. The next sentence could us "frisbees". If my word was "walk", I am free to use "walked, walking, walk, walks" or any other form of it.

So...Let's give this a go, huh?

The rain pounded hard against my window causing such a racket that it tore me from my dreams. It was a loud and constant hammering that promised a sleepless night that I would be unable to ignore. Fate must hate me to keep me awake with such an important tomorrow ahead of me.