Square Enix english AC

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Rai Konoko, May 3, 2006.

1. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

i know it probably isnt THAT significent a difference, but something semd "off" about the english version af advent children, i preffered the jap version, maybe im just used to the jap one, but did the story or plot of ac change a little in the english version?

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The English Advent Children did not seem as serious, for whatever reason. But, the reason why it was "off" is the obvious language barrier. They had to change quite a few of the lines around because Japanese is a vastly different language compared to English. They had to make adjustments to try and fit the gist of what the character is saying along with the fact that they either have less or more time to do so....without sounding stupid.

I was actually *quite* happy with the English version. It's nice to know that they took their time and actually made it decent.

Now the subtitles...that I have some problems with...but that's a whole other can of worms.

3. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I haven't even unwrapped my copy yet. :p

With my track record it'll be some time before I even bother, and I probably won't touch the english version- I'm picky that way.

Ah well.

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I would seriously watch the English version at least once. They did a commendable job in my opinion. Rachel Leigh Cook was awesome. ^_^

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Yuffie PWN3D all other actors in performance. Her ninja yells when she makes her appearance is something I thought was going to be awkward, but she actually pulled that off. And of course, the comment "sexist....SEXIST!"

Cait Sith, as excpected, kinda sucked.

Sephiroth sounded awsome. As did Tifa, and of course Aerith.

Cloud's voice couldn't have fit him better. But the line 'Sephiroth, what do you want?' sounded too common, I think that should have been changed ^^

-Seishin

6. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

yea .... about the cloud line, when he says "Sephiroth, what do you want?" ... it could've been like the jap version i got, when he says, "What the hell is your desire?!" it has more of a hate or grudge sound, the movie was easier to follow, but still, i prefer the jap version.

7. Chi

Chi New Member

The English verson was dull the acting seemed forced and unnatural to me. But it wasn't bad.

8. Rai Konoko

Rai Konoko New Member

xD ... no acting ... it's CG remember ^^

9. FlowerGirl

FlowerGirl New Member

I couldnt really understand english one that well without subs xD