Video Games Ephemeral Fantasia

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by GentatsuNoZanshi cc61, Feb 18, 2002.

1. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

I got this game for fifty bucks or so (that's Canadian dollars, by the way, so about 25 cents to you Americans) at an Electronics Boutique.
    I'd say it's a pretty cool game. I like the concept of a talking guitar ... maybe if I talk to mine enough, it'll talk back? Either that or I'll get sent to see a psychiatrist ... I have two problems with this game thus far:
    1. The palace in Pandule is too hard to navigate ... I can't find my way out, except for little courtyard that I can't get out of unless I go back into the palace itself.
    2. The battle system is a little off. It's like Star Ocean: The Second Story's, but without as much control and the moving around. Also, it's annoying that the monsters run around from behind the characters to attack the front instead of the characters just turning around.
    Really, though, this game seems pretty cool, and it has great music.

More on this story as it develops!

2. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

when i was going to buy any cd i see that cd u talking about i think it was stuiped games.

it is good game?

it'a adventure game or rpg game or action.......?

3. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

It's mostly RPG, I'd say. It goes into the whole battle screen thing when you encounter a monster, and these encounters show up randomly as you wander around. Sounds pretty RPG-ish to me.

As for whether or not it's a good game, I'm not far enough into it to in good conscience give an answer. If I said it was good, and then you went and spent hard-earned cash on it, then I realized it was a piece of garbage, but it was too late, I wouldn't feel too good about myself as a co-moderator of this forum. If you can find it for a low price, pick it up, but I can't really give an informed opinion or any useful advice until I play it more.
    Sorry I can't be of more help.

4. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

that's ok GNZ u give some information.

thanx about it.

i will ask u when u will finsh it:p

5. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Good story, The game play is horrid!

The battle system is really annyoing! However, as for the Palace it's not so hard to get used to. I know may way around the whole city and even the palace! :) I've collected most of the maps and I got this ability that enables me to jump around to diffrent parts of the island!

Right now I'm on a hunt! I want to find the bandits as soon as possible! It's a game that requires patience and looking indepth into the story...

It is an iritating game, but I'm not that kind of gamer that just gives up on any game! I've tried to get as much as possible out of it! So far I think I doing ok...

Reminds me of my Physics class. It's really irritating just to sit there and understand what's going on, but with a lot of effort a lot can be done. *tell me this is a false analogy @_@*

6. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Oi! Right on! The time system here's horrid!

7. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

True, True! The time system is horrid. It is our duty in the game to stop it one and for all! Ofcourse we get to suffer the pain. How do we destroy this system? Kill Xelpherpolis? How? I have no idea @__@! Team up with people around the island might be a better alternative.

*TIPS for Who ever is out there playing the game and is stuck*

I suggest getting Rummy first in the party, and then train them to aquire an ability, calledpower jump
    and find as much maps as possible from
    the drinking game at the bar with Claire and some areas such as
    Padule's Museum and Fortune Tellers