One Piece Episode 7 UnCut Fansub / FoxBox comparison!!!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Ciel, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I had the chance to see One Piece episode 7 on FoxBox, October 30th. It's on Saturday mornings at 9:30am. So, after seeing this episode, I rewatched my uncut fansubbed episode by Kaizoku. So, here goes.

This is the episode in the middle of the Buggy fight. The mayor is already knocked out by Luffy, and Cabaji the Acrobat fights Zorro --> first difference: Zoro isn't 'Zoro', but 'Zolo' ..give me a break -__-'

Ok, the first major difference is the lack of any blood. This can be seen here when Cabaji slashes the already blood stained bandages from Zoro's I mean Zolo's (lol) previous wound by Buggy (remember Buggy slashed him from behind - surprise attack on the roof). In the FoxBox episode, Zoro er Zolo had clean bandages through the entire fight and Nami's horrified face makes absolutely no sense.

Also, during the fight, Cabaji kicks Zoro (damn you Zolo! the evil twin brother of Rolo the chocolate bar!) here and here these kicks were editted out completely. (because I absolutely don't recall them at all and they contain blood!) You can see Cabaji slahed up here, I don't recall this view in FoxBox, only the aerial view of Zoro in after sword stance and Cabaji falling.

When Nami takes off for the treasure, she gets caught by the sleeping Buggy pirate. As he is talking to her, he sees he ran out of sake, which you can see here. In the FoxBox version, here(sorry 'bout the crappy pic), he has a long yellow bottle? huh? I don't really get this part, he still has the flushed cheeks but maybe they are showing it's wine or something? anyways! Instead of him looking at his drink, and seeing it's out, he tells Nami that if she's stealing, he'll have to chop off her hand, cuz that's the pirate code! (???) she fakes illness, he tries to help her, they cut out him looking at this and drooling.

When Buggy damages Shanks' hat, he calls out to Luffy that he's all scratched up. Since there was no blood on FoxBox, I found that odd, here's the uncut fansubbed version image: [​IMG]
    When Luffy grabs Buggy at the end, Luffy has a red smudge on the left side of his face, pretty small. That's the only blood I've seen.

Now, one of the most annoying parts of the dub, is.. the dub! haha. Some voices really don't suit the characters. I find Nami's voice too high pitched, Luffy's to be too blah and Zoro err Zolo's (grrr) to be to.. umm lax if you understand what I mean. and you know, they turned Shanks into an Irishman and it's too crappy to even be a real accent. They also make the pirates say 'scurvy scum' and 'scallawag', and for some reason it doesn't fit. In this particular episode, Cabaji has a french accent. ??? I'm scared to hear Usopp's voice. He's coming up very soon...

So no cap-gun viewing for me yet, or Sanji with a lollipop.. but I'll be sure to post more soon!

2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Yarr! I just hope that there be no youngin's coming to this forum who have only seen the Fox version, if they do they'll be heading to Davy Jones' locker!

I wonder what that pirate was drinking, maybe it was some special apple juice that makes people blush. Or maybe they were just making it seem like he was blushing because Nami was there.

Zolo.. lol, maybe there is some kind of copyright on the name Zorro. Or maybe his name is actually Zolo but they pronounce it as Zoro in the Japanese version because of engrish, eh?

I really hope they find a better voice actor for Usopp. But, as it is the whole thing seems to insult Oda Eichiro and his masterpiece.

3. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

According to one of the first episodes with Buggy, they're drinking special grapefruit juice.

.... Yeah right. But if that's how 4Kids wants to play things, I guess they can.

The Zoro/Zolo thing wouldn't bother me nearly as much if official Japanese merchandise didn't have his name romanized as Zoro. As for copyrighting names...I'm pretty sure you can't do it. Even if you could, I'm pretty sure that Zorro is part of the public domain at this point, meaning anybody could use the name. Thingy and stuff. 4Kids is stupid, but we knew that already.

I'm also annoyed that they changed all the background music for the series.

~Shadrach Anki

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

That's absolutely hilarious. There was a commercial with three kids presenting the show again after commercial break. One said 'my fave show!' or something. I thought it so sad.. oh and grapefruit juice.. haha you have to be a bada$$ to drink that stuff! o.0