Philosophy Equivalent Exchange

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seishin, May 8, 2005.

1. Jackabee

Jackabee Captain Jackabee Sparrow

how delicious.... I have been thinking about equivolent echange for a while now... FMA is wrong... not in that matter can be neither destroyed or created... that is correct. but in the matter that they rearrange atoms without an exchange of energy. energy also can be niether created or destroyed... it can change forms... wait some one metioned thermodynamics... the transfer of heat... but energy also takes the form of light and motion... of course in the strings theory on the smallest of levels energy and matter are made of the same things, but that is a very new theory to me so I could be wrong...
    anywho, if you look at most exchanges they look one sided... but often we are not looking at the whole picture.... If we looked only at the rain falling from the sky and nothing else then it would seem as though the earth were only gaining water... But when you look at run off and evaporation and then condensation you see that it really is a big cycle.... even our bodies are part of a cycle... the economy runs in a cycle... it's just that the run off just tends to end up in vast oceans with a few puddles inbetween... water spread thin evaporates faster than deep bodies of water... shallow pockets seem to lose more money even if they lose the same amount of money as a rich man... the difference between a drop from your cup and a drop from the ocean...
    see what I am saying....

maybe I am just confussing people.... eh whatever not like anyone listens to me anyways... 0.o

there are reasons behind everything, wether we understand them or like them doesn't really matter... they're still there somewhere

2. Shinigami-Sama

Shinigami-Sama New Member

life and death are and hte same
    the phoenix gives its life so tht another may be born
    we start life with a set amount of time in exchange for using this time we gain knowalge and experiance, in the end that knowalge and expericance are recycled so that more life my acumulate
    the balance is desterbed when people don't gather knowalge and expericance and the powers that be cannot/willnot support us,
    look at what happened when we entered the "modern age" plagues, peopel slowed on gather experiance, so the cycle of life was interupted as there was to much life and not enough expericance, a plague equilized that, forced people to learn to compensate, then ignornace took over and war ensued, aids, the "War on terror"
    these all happen at points of stagnation in one form or another

3. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Equivalent Exchange? I don't go for it. Some things yes. Obviously "the man" set the rate for food and necessities of life which I could see equivalent exchange there. But I am a user and a taker and I am proud to admit it. I barely give. See nothing equivalent about that.

And I'll gladily sell anybody this bottle of Egypt Air I got.