Computers Error??

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Zanza, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I wanted to d/l a fansub from some site [forgot its name, might be found in the attached file] but whenever I click it, it gives me an error about that I cant download it, is it my end that I son't have a specific file?? Or is it their's?? The url of the file looks funny [weird] to me.

2. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

I'm not sure but I think it requires 'bittorrent' It is a very small program capable at downloading files at your optimum speeds. Quite frankly, I use it all the time and the filenames are usually long. But like I said already, I'm not entirely sure. The site's name would help...

^Shen^

3. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

I could help...but like ^Shen^ said...I need to know the site name...I normally dont have a problem with something like that...

Misao:confused:

4. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

That is an edonkey 2000 link. You need eDonkey 2000 or a compatible program installed.

eDonkey is the original, and also connects to overnet, a new serverless network.

eMule is an ad free, open source client that connects to the eDonkey network.

Shareaza is an ad free client that connects to eDonkey network, Gnutella, the Shareaza network, AND can use bittorrent files

I recommend the official client (because of overnet support) or shareaza, cause it can connect to so many networks, I use emule too though.

eDonkey download

eMule site

Shareaza

5. Zanza

Staff Member

I do have BT, so I guess the answer is eDonky or eMule, but sinc eMule is an ad free program, I might download that, and it will work, right??

6. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Yeah, it will. Emule's pretty neat though, almost like DC, except the large sharing amounts :p

And that donkey pwns.

- T

7. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

I hate eDonkey/eMule.

- Ark

8. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

emule,edonkey suckz... so does Overnet... Kazaa rulez.. especially the Kazaa Lite K++ version

9. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

edonkey doesn't suck if Zanza wants to use that link though, as it won't work in Kazaa :p

And I would say Kazaa sucks. It doesn't hash the entire file, making it quite easy to introduce corruption and making it impossible to be 100% sure about what you are getting. It's also too easy to leech on Kazaa thanks to no sharing of partial files. It's sometimes faster, but sometimes not. A good animereactor link for edonkey goes quite quickly.

10. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

Kazaa sucks! use iMesh.

11. Zanza

Staff Member

Oh, and while I was cleaning my files, I cut all the anime in my anime folder and moved them to another, so the anime folder now is empty, right? See what I got when I right clicked for its properties...

Attached Files:

12. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Make sure you don't have any hidden files in your folder, that could be it.

Tools > Folder Options > View

Then check "View Hidden Files and Folders". If the folder really IS empty and it still says there's something in it the only rational answer would be hidden files.

13. Zanza

Staff Member

Hmm, that was kind of late, since I deleted that file now, and God only knows what was in there that I lost! :p

But thanx, will help much in the near future :)

14. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

If it was a cfg file, you only lost the thumbnails of the anime that you had in there before. Of course, it's not really important, because those will show right back up (provided you have thumbnail view on) when you move the files.

Oh, in my honest opinion, all p2p sharing sucks. However, it's the only way to get some fansubs, other than going into a few irc channels. But, I live with it. Why? Because, that's why.