Computers Error. . . . . .

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Jaken, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I keep getting this error, everytime i turn on my computer and log on. The screen shot of the error is attached. Does anyone know what it means and how i can fix it?

Attached Files:

2. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Argh, I remember I have had that problem too...I can't remember how I fixed it. A little more detailed please?

- T

3. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

i will try to give as much detail as i can. . . . . .

When i turn on my computer then log on to my user name, everything loads up and then this error comes up.

I did a search on my computer and i found the program WJ view. Its full name is "Microsoft® VM Command Line Interpreter" I have no idea what it does tho.:rolleyes: When i open it it just gives all this computer mumbojumbo. I attached a picture of the icon, incase that will help.

That pretty much all i can say about it. *shrugs* whish i could tell you more. . . .

Attached Files:

4. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Incidentally, when someone asks for more info, you could at least tell him what operating system you are using. From your screenshot I'll assume XP (though it could be 98 with windowblinds or something)

I'm 90% certain wjview is the Microsoft Java interpreter. It looks like your computer is trying to run a java program every time it starts up (using wjview) but wjview can't find the program, whatever it is.

Please tell us what is in your startup folder. Start button->programs->startup

can also find it in windows explorer. If you are using XP, check in c:\Documents and Settings\*yourUsername*\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Not every program that runs on startup is in your startup folder. To find all of them, check
    start button->programs->accessories->system tools->system information.

In there, if you are using XP, check Software Environment->Startup Programs. (in the tree on the lower left) and see what is listed there.

5. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

Start > Run > Msconfig

go to the last tab and look there

6. MamiyaOtaru

msconfig is great, assuming he has admin privileges :D

Seriously though, that's great. I used to get at that in win98 with startButton->progs->accessories->system information then tools menu->system configuration utility. I actually wondered where it went for win2003 haha. well cheers for the simple answer.

7. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

sorry bout not telling you what windows version i have. Its xp like you guessed.
    I went into the folder you suggested for all the users (becuase the error comes up on all of the user names @ login) and all that is there are these three programs:America Online 9.0 Tray Icon + Digital Line Detect and Microsoft Office. Thats all.

I also went ran misconfig and i found many more: Rundell32, BCMSMMSG, diagent, updreg, DSentry, activation, mcagent, mcupdate, DirectCD, Mcsshld, opware, DeadAIM, MSMGT, syspy, loader, powerscan, qttask, updatestats, DYf0o5, actmovie, srlbdist, uptodate, msiefr40, tapicfa, rundll16, coupons and offers, wupdater, 99923342, ctmon, vpager, HXDL, America Online 9.0 optimized, Digital line detect, and microsoft office.

Is it bad that there are that many? :sweat2:

8. MamiyaOtaru

Probably :D Please run spyware search and destroy, or adaware, or both. A log from Hijack This could also be interesting if the first two don't fix you up.

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Personally, I don't run anything on startup but two outside programs. Everything else is ran by windows in that Msconfig window you were checking. Everything else, I uncheck to not run at all. I don't think you need DeadAIM to run on startup...you only need it to run when AIM starts. ^_^

10. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Thank you, MamiyaOtaru. I will try it right away. Thanks. ^^