Movies Escaflowne:The Movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kaneda_345, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

I saw this movie over the weekend I must say it is amazing.The animation is excellent as is the story.It's basically a retelling of the story of the series.(you dont need to see the series to like this movie)Anyone else here see it?Thoughts/Opinions?

2. NeoSlicerZ

NeoSlicerZ New Member

The series was excellent imo , haven't got the movie yet :(

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The movie was all seriousity, and only really confronted Hitomi and Van. So, therefore, there wasn't a slew of subplots that is in the series, as I've heard. I've only watched some of the series, anyway. It also has "Sora" which is an excellent song.

The animation is astounding, although Hitomi looks a lot more like a boy. And...Van...Van needed some pants. :p It was really good though, and I was hoping to catch it in the theatre for the full experience, but couldn't go on the allotted field trip day. :(

4. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

It was definately an excellent sum up of the movie!! I liked how it ended!

5. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

I would personally call A Girl in Gaia an alternate reality rather than a simple retelling of the series, but that's me. Regardless of what you call it, I really enjoy this movie. The animation is superb and I really like the character designs (with the possible exception of Folken, but that's more of a personal issue than anything else....)

~Shadrach Anki

6. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

I thought the scenery animation was real good.The enviroments in that movie looked great.So did the rest of the animation.

Dont forget the music,:sweat: The music was great too.