Neon Genesis Evangelion Eva Movie Info

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by YokoburiKinura, Apr 10, 2001.

1. YokoburiKinura

Amanda Winn Lee, the director for the English dub of the Eva movies, posted some info last night on the Madman forum; I found it through a link somebody posted in the Anime on DVD forum.

She said that the scripts are currently in translation, and then she has to prepare the dub script; recording should begin in a few months. As far as I could tell, all the voice actors from the ADV dub for the major characters would be returning. She indicated that there would be a lot of extras made for the DVD release, such as interviews with some of the English voice actors as well as with Hiroyuki Yamaga, one of the producers of Eva; he also did a director's commentary track for Wings of Honneamise. Lee is playing with the idea of doing a commentary track for the Eva movies with some of English VA's. She thinks the movies should be ready for release sometime around the end of the year.
    She also put in an impassioned plea that distribution of fansubs of the movies come to a halt. I kinda agree with that; the general rule with fansubs is that distribution be ceased upon announcement of licensing, not upon release of the American product. I'll be buying the set, even if it does end up costing as much as 3x3 Eyes (more than U.S. $60).

2. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

who cares...dub suck....well...eva was good sub so maybe...still...I wouldn't pay money for a dubbed verion of it....

//Aldamel, has banned both comedy and dub from his lfe now....

3. IDAVE

IDAVE New Member

Dub or Sub makes no difference to me!
    I heard their making a new Eva
    movie called "The Reprisal of Evangellion"
    coming to Japanese theaters in 2002!

IDAVE, who let a friend borrow his Evangellion eps and whenever ask for them back his friend replies that he's been under alot of stress lately and changes the subject!

4. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

yeah, they do...and its after EoE this time =)
    had the poster somewhere on the comp...can't find it though....

//Aldamel, lookin' forward for some more eva...

5. YokoburiKinura

The DVD's will be bilingual.
    The main point of the news is that progress is being made so that we can expect to see a release sometime before I die of old age, and the DVD's will actually have some decent extras, unlike the ADV release of the TV series. Manga has also said it will release a subtitled version on VHS.

I think I know the poster you're talking about, and extensive research over at the Anime on DVD forums has revealed that poster to be an elaborate fanart, and the rumors of the new movie are more than likely not true.

6. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

T'was an april fools joke....AARRRGGGHHHH!!!
    ...that's just evil...

7. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

hum, by who, it was sorta like heard it from a friend who heard it from his limp uncle who heard it from his nephie cyborg pinguin kinda thing.....I just wanna know who I'm gonna use this antiair craft gun I just ordered on ;)

//Aldamel, sharpenin' his katanas, rady for war :p

8. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Fansub distribution must die
    Yeah, will all the money they spend on marketing over here it just isn't right to not pay for eva.
    ---------------
    I think it's all cream

9. KagekenOokami

KagekenOokami New Member

Your friend has a limp uncle with a nephie cyborg pinguin too!?

10. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

....well...uhm...eh...erm...sorta...not really...its more...like a cat....anf not really a cyborg...just...weird....he has isn limp though ;)

//Aldamel, went a bit to far there maybe ^_^

11. IDAVE

IDAVE New Member

Thats strange if thats an april fools joke cause i heard of it before only they said it was called revival!

12. YokoburiKinura

Actually, in the complicated history of the release of the Eva movies, Revival of Evangelion was the second run of End of Eva where Death(True) and End were shown together in the theater.

13. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

hum, damn reruns....I would really like more eva..can't they do somethin' of eva:r ..'s quite oke actually...

//Aldamel, needs to startin readin' eva:r again...

14. IDAVE

IDAVE New Member

DAMN!!!!!!

IDAVE, who just got beat up by goblins
    in final fantasy tactics!

15. KagekenOokami

KagekenOokami New Member

Gotta watch out for them goblins, they suck "A" unless you leave em be and let em work on ya. So what's with the reruns? I hate em, it's like the creators said, hi i'm in a bad mood so i'm not going write another episode, just reconfig one of the old ones. I would like to see more eva, but where would it go, he destroyed the world except for him and Asuka. It's like Adam and Eve. Maybe like a far into the future and they are repeating the same mistakes and things? I don't know.

16. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

well, eva:r is before both versions of 25+26 episodes. ...and..he doesn't really destroy it does he....now...I could totally far off, but its more like he recreated the world, not destroyed, right?

//Aldamel, has listened to knives/FrostbiteH2O and the_clone/genemods discussion quite much =)

17. KagekenOokami

KagekenOokami New Member

Well, whether he destroyed or recreated, that big half of Ayanami Rei's head had to have killed a whole bunch of peops. I think he is recreating yes, but he had to kill everyone off first and that was nasty by the way.

------------------
    The Wolf is a dangerous thing, but in the shadows, it's your death.
    -ShdwBlade

18. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

well, as I saw it, he kind had the power, so he should be able to recreate as good as anythin as it was before.....

//Aldamel, will have to have a chat with his eva gurus on irc if this is wrong....

19. YohjiKudou

YohjiKudou Guest

pleh, thats all i have to say, c'mon. how can they make MORE evangelion? i think it would be just retarded...

anyway, watch out for them goblins, even though FFT aint that great a game :p

and cloud, can u up my stats from newbie? :p PPPPWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZEEEEE

20. Kiaikou

Kiaikou New Member

make more posts first ^_^

//Aldamel, on the way to beat cloud himself....