Saber Marionette Ever wanted to play with the Sabers in you're PC?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by SaberJ2X, Oct 29, 2002.

1. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

http://www.mangatoanime.com/manga/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=645

Yeah, I love the Sabers! Used to play it all the time!

And the SMJ RPG rocks too...oh wait...I never really started that yet...

Umm...forget I mentioned it, then.

Too bad about the Cocktail Lounge, though. It was a great site, and all that seems to remain of it are mirrors like you've linked above...

Oh well...

3. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Ya I played this, It was fun.... for about 30 minutes like all "The Sims" game I played. Afterwards I just trap all the characters in a room with no doors and watch them die,

MWAAAAA HAHAHAHAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA....... I'm sorry.

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

You killed Lime, and Cherry, and and *sniffle* Bloodberry?

How could you!

5. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Actually before I killed them I did this:

I stuffed Cherry and Bloodberry in the house, removed all the doors, left Lime in her room and removed that door. Well the other rooms were accessable you know the bathroom, kitchen and all the other rooms besides Lime's room and the ouside world.

During the time while the two were trapped, I constantly made Cherry and Bloodberry have pleasant conversations with each other (While Lime slowly withered and eventually died). well after their friendship level was near 100, new options appear for the two characters, who have become more then friends and sister (The computer doesn't know that commiting Incest is wrong)

Well one of those option will say "KISS" click that for one of the characters, and there you go, two lesbian marionettes.

6. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but it's sick >:3

7. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

does anyone has it backed-up T_T? I want it again

8. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

I was just glancing through this thread a couple days ago.. I didn't realize it was so old. The c0cktail lounge really has been gone for a long time if it was long gone when this thread was active. I do miss it.

Saber, I have a copy of the sabers somewhere. What I don't have is my computer set up at the moment. I'll get back to you later if no one else sends it to you first. I've got the version with the marionettes from SMR as well I think.

9. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I haven't got them on my current machine, but I believe I have the files (J and R) stored on an old hard drive. I'll grab it out of storage tomorrow after work and see.

In any case, with the cocktail lounge kaput, once someone locates the files, I'll host them here on boards.jp. They're the closest thing we have to a decent SM game. :)

10. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Well... I have Battle Sabers, and have for several months, but I have yet to play it, because I need a mod chip. So, I can't tell you if it's any good.

11. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Well, I dug out the old 1.2 gig beast, hooked it up, and no go... Found oodles of old documents of mine that were of interest, but no Sabers... :(

Here's hoping MO can hook us up, because I can't even find CF-Kun's contact info anymore - so that rules out asking from the source. ^_^

Shinryu: Battle Sabers is very...well...bleh, to be honest. That's why it was intentionally absent from my comment about a decent SM game.

12. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hmmm i guess i should go through my sims backup cd and see where they're at, if i kept them...they SHOULD be with my washuu, belldandy, ryoko, and sailor soldiers...in theory...-wonders where that cd is now-

13. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

Battle sabers, a waste of my bandwidth

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Well, at least it came with some decent stuff, like pictures (easily made into avatars) and those neat little things that cling to your controller cord. Besides that, it didn't cost me much. (about $20 canadian)

But when did this thread become one to bash Battle Sabers? Wasn't this about the sims... err Sabers?

About which, with the upcoming release of the Sims 2, will anyone plan to adapt/remake this for the new game? From what I've heard, the Sims 2 is a much superior game, and so, it would be much easier to get The Sabers to work with it, no?

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hehe we'll prolly see some once people figure out how to change the body mesh and share that information. haven't found anything beyound simple changes through the alpha channel and such yet though...and then, there's the thought of having to make appropriate clothing for all stages of life...

16. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Still don't have my computer set up, but I remembered where my CD with the backup copy of The Sabers is stashed.

It's back at my apartments (I'm at UK's right now). I'll bring it over next time I come and we can do something with it. Hopefully I've got R on there as well. If it's not on that CD, it's on another. If it comes to it, my little sister back in Wyoming has it on her old clunker, and I'll be back there in a week or two. At the very latest i can send it out then.

17. Reisti Skalchaste

Sorry to go off the present topic, but, we were discussing the lack of decent SMJ games before, and I have a question for BakaMattSu.

Weren't you making an SMJ RPG? What happened to it?

18. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

(Answering thread title) Of course that I want to play the sabers in my crappy PC.
    The most I want is 'The Sabers', I've been looking for it through the internet without luck. Even searched in many languages existing or to exist in the future :p . More than a month have gone away since the last post. Is 'The sabers' mod lost?

But I think, if we want to play with the sabers in our pc's, why don't we start our own project?. Right now I'm researching the sims graphic format. If I have results I'll let you know.

19. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Sorry for double posting but this worth it! Guess what, "The Sabers" is back to the web thanks to another SMJ community, especially it's member LEON. I'm hosting it at my space in Geocities for everybody's pleasure!

Download The Sabers

Ever wanted to play with them!? Of course! Ever wanted to give a good job to Otaru!? Maybe! XD Now, you can do it! Play The Sabers! :D

1 person likes this.
  20. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

question. Do "the sabers" have the same personality as in the anime, or it's just their clothes? Can someone explain more about it, please?