Celebrations Express.com are in trouble!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hobbes, Feb 6, 2001.

1. Hobbes

Hobbes Guest

http://www.animenewsservice.com/

9-29-00---- Express.com Present Status

The status of fan-favorite DVD etailer Express.com has recently been the topic of great discussion in a number of Anime-related forums. According to a new e-mail bulletin circulated by Video Business:

(Don't know where the rest of my message went??!)

Online DVD retailer Express.com running low on cash, put on C.O.D. by suppliers. Full story by Wendy Wilson exclusively in the Oct. 2 print edition of Video Business.

2. gandalf

gandalf Guest

Bugger they were my second choice after Reel (who went earlier this year, they were taken over by buy.com who don't ship to Ireland). Ah well I still have Amazon and dvdboxoffice.com.

Gandalf.

3. Shinji

Shinji New Member

Express aren't in THAT much trouble; it's GameFan, who are wholly owned by express, that went down the toilet.

4. Hobbes

Hobbes Guest

Gamefan went down the toilet because express have no more cash, and that's why all thier suppliers are now COD'ing them.

Gamefan is just a sign of problems.

5. Shinji

Shinji New Member

They over-extended when they bought gamefan, only to discover that GameFan was never, ever going to make cash.

Some people reckon selling of GameFan assets might get the parent company out of trouble...

6. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

[Message copied from boards.ie forum.]