Creative Writing fanfiction.net

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Sachiko, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

- -;; Why is it so sucking right now? I mean they don't display the reviews on the front pages again, and the Saber Marionette section saids 83 fanfics, while they only displayed 29 I think. WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!

2. Echiko

Echiko New Member

haha...that is SO TRUE!!! @____@ I don't like it...MY FIC WAS ON THE 2nd PAGE AND IT"S "PAGE NOT FOUND"!!! Grrrr....:mad: O__o

3. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

fanfiction.net is really starting to suck now, don't know what's up with it, trying to read a friend's fic and it's just pissing me off. o_O I say let's kill them. Burn them all to the ground.

4. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

I must be the only one to go in defense of ffnet...

They've been having hardware problems, guys. Give 'em a break before jumping down their throats! ^^ I'm sure they're doing as best they can. Reviews are now showing up perfectly (believe me, I've checked).

The fics displayed depends on the ratings. They've made the default setting to be "show fics rated G - PG-13", so that may affect how many fics show up. Also, those numbers should be fluctuating. I write comments on my author profile, and twice they've been about problems, and twice they've been fixed. Just have a bit of patience, k? ^_^ It'll all be okay.

5. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

naw, I say string em up. You'd think any normal prescient webmaster would be able to foresee a hardware failure.

It's looking quite good, a lot better than last time I checked. Thanks for bringing it back to my attention :) I've been missing out..

6. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

*le sigh*

Hardware problems are always nasty. But you guys are right to criticize. The site just isn't what it used to be. After all, they took weeks to tell people about the change in review default settings, and in the meantime a lot of good R and NC-17-rated fan fiction got ignored because people couldn't find it when just browsing casually through the site.

I find policies like the one ff.net enacted on their default settings highly irritating, but it is the site owner's perrogative to enact them. What I find inexcusible is waiting so long to tell site users about the policy change. I'm sure their decision prompted many an angry and pointless email, thus waisting everyone's time. Pathetic, really.

7. chupito

chupito New Member

totally agree with you, they are doing us a favor, ne? i can't read mine either:( <(-.-)>