Yu-Gi-Oh! Favorite Character

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Fushigi Rockna, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark New Member

My favorite character is:ahhhhh....darnit...I love Yami but I love Marik too... :(

2. vonniesmile

vonniesmile New Member

my fav characters have to be.... pegasus, maric (the good one not the phsycotic one) and bakura (the evil and good one.)
    maric is really cute when he's little :catgirl: and bakura is ultra cool :catgirl:

by the way... THE OTHER PERSONALITY OF A PERSON WITH A MILLENIUM ITEM IS NOT CALLED A YAMI. YAMI APLIES TO YUGI ONLY :anger2:

3. Enigma

Enigma New Member

my favorite characters would be Joey, Seto Kaiba, and Duke. I can't stand Triston...but it's really funny when he does odd things.

(for instance, in Duelist Kingdom he punched a boulder to stop it) :rolleyes:

4. Black_Rose

Black_Rose New Member

I agree with you Triston is really annoying but can be funny!

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I think that Maximillion Pegasus is the best character. His great dueling skills, good sense of humor while dueling (his toon cards), and the fact that he is rich(Why wouldn't he be?Is name says so:"Maxi-million") makes him my fav. Yu-Gi-Oh! character.

-SakataKentaro

6. Fushigi Rockna

Um, no. Yami means darkness. Yami yuugi, Yami Bakura, Yami Malik...it refers to their 'darker sides'. (in fact if I am correct some people call Yami Yuugi, Yami no Yuugi, meaning things like Yuugi's Darkness, or the Drakness of Yuugi. It all has the same meaning.) It doesn't just apply to Yuugi.
    In fact Atem isn't even CALLED Yami in the Japanese version,Yuugi clals him (I forget the Japanese for this but I know the translation!) 'the other me'. And other people call him the other Yuugi as well. Under character descriptions however the Pharaoh was called Yami Yuugi/Yami no Yuugi (Dark Yuugi). Eventually people started claling him Yami and thus 4Kids picked up on that name.
    Yami does not just apply to Yuugi, it applies to anyone with a 'darker' personality.

SakataKentaro: Do you know his Japanese name is Pegasus J. Crawford? ^^;

7. vonniesmile

vonniesmile New Member

(reply to fushigi rackna)

really...? but I've never heard the other sides of bakura or malik bieng called their 'yami' I've only ever heard yugi say it. and in duelist kingdom he said to yugi that his name was yami? (or that he was commonly known as yami)

8. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

i've heard all of their sprit forms are called yami but i dont think thats true. as for favourite character i like yami. he's so confident and chooses not to give up, no matter what!

9. VampireHunterX

VampireHunterX New Member

I would have to say my fav character would have to be bakura

10. Fushigi Rockna

that was only in the dub, from what i understand. There's a good article on Kyokou Geemu (this one ) and I'm sure a handful of others on the internet that can perhaps straighten out who calls who what (and other little things). :p (this article is actually very useful and informative.)

And it's not that the word 'yami' is used in the show...it's that the FANS use it, because it means 'darkness' so, I repeat myself yet again, 'DARK Yuugi' 'DARK Bakura' and 'even DARKER Malik'

And a perfect example of this : Malik. His 'DARKER SIDE' was not a 'SPIRIT' like Yami Yuugi and Yami Bakura. NOT AT ALL. It's not the evil spirit of Priest Seto, or some guy form Anceint Egypt or whatever it heck the rumors say, for that is B-to the U-to the double L -.....you get the point. - - Malik CREATED his dark side or whatever the hell that whole thign was about. So Malik has a personality disorder rather than a ancient spirit residing in his millennium rod. XD

But we're getting off topic, so let's drop it. If you wnat to continue the discussion, create another thread for it. Just trust me on this okay. I know what I'm tlaking about.

11. Vylune

Vylune New Member

ok. I have been watching the japanese version of Yugioh O_O and only reached Battle City so far ;_; so my choices are based on what I have experienced up to that point. I think I should be fortunate I am not watching a butchered version though T_T

my favorites so far would be Yami Bakura, Yami Yugi/Yugi, Seto Kaiba, and Otogi Ryuji.

Reasons on Yugi/Yami Yugi. Yugi himself, is the sweet and kind type of character. Generally I prefer the more sinister sneaky types, but you kind of feel this pull towards him, like you want to support him more than anyone else. He always wants to protect those close to him, no matter what the cost. now Yami Yugi. I like him more because he is a bit more mature and aware of things than Yugi. I like his determination to complete what he starts, and never gives up no matter how hard it gets. I will also find it hard when these two (if ever) separate.

Reasons for Yami Bakura, and why not Bakura himself? I like Bakura for his sneaky, deceptive personality. He will stop at nothing to get what he wants. he is generally the type of character I would like most. But I think I would say I'd favor Kaiba a little more. I generally find Yami Bakura to be an interesting individual though. But why not Bakura as well? well we don't see much of the real Bakura, so I have not very much backing up on him. I can sense he is more the fragile gentle type, though. Generally I try to avoid these characters if I can, because the yusually are a support character for a more major part of the story. (Yami Bakura for instance) *sigh*

ok Reasons I like Kaiba. What other reasons? everyone has pretty much listen them all. He is determined, protective of those close to him (Mokuba), Stop at nothing to get what he wants. he has quite a few flaws about him, but when you think about it, it only makes you like him more. He is not the ******* that the series makes him out to be most of the time. There is usually a motive behind everything he does. And I usually completely agree with him for the most part.

Otogi Ryuji, Alright... this is one of those characters that you cannot help but like. Even though he can be a sadistic little bastard sometimes.. *laughs* (I completely found his making Jounouchi dress as a dog, stand on all fours and bark very amusing. but I guess that is my twisted sense of humor.)

One thing that I slightly disagree with is saying a character is yours,and only yours. It's alright for roleplaying, but I have encountered fellow fangirls who say "I'm married to (soandso), you are not allowed to even touch him!". These are the type of people who irritate me beyond no end. I have no right to tell you not to do it, but consider that this character is known worldwide and you aren't the only person admiring the character. *sigh*

There, finished at last~ :D I apologize to anyone I may have offended in the last thing I said, please don't flame me about it, it's just something that had been bothering me for a while. so my little rant is over on that hehe.

1 person likes this.
  12. vonniesmile

vonniesmile New Member

thanks for the info (I'm sorry I was wrong :sad: )
    :catgirl:

13. Prosper

Prosper New Member

I still like yugi. Determined nature. Always trying hard to win. And he does put in a lot of efforts and of coz the sweats :p

And if he would be my lover, how great to have such loyal one, since he is so loyal to his.. . . . you know..

14. Fushigi Rockna

*Pat pat* That's okay ^^

Haha, even though I claim to be Kaiba's wife, I have no problem with others 'touching him' XD That just means more people chose him over Yuugi! Yeah! More Kaiba fans the better! W00T!
    I've just been obsessed with him for so long, that it just well... ^^; My friends and I (in RL) even joke about it all the time (most recently, when I went to the school dance, my friend asked "IS KAIBA COMING!?" -and she was screaming because the music was killing our ear drums - "NO! HE'S WORKING! BUT I STOLE HIS PANTS ANYWAYS!" -and that's refering to the pair of pleather pants I wore that look just like his. XD No really they do. ^^; Kinda scary... ^^; ) It's reaaaaaaaaaalllllllllyyyyyyyyyy pathetic. ^^;

I'm not offended in the least, because you have a good point. ^^

15. seto/joey rlz!

seto/joey rlz! New Member

My favorite character has got to be Yami. But I act more like Seto, I even have this trenchcoat that is long like his and when the wind blows, it looks exactly like it. Scary.

16. prince*duke*

prince*duke* New Member

seto cooly ya

17. Ninja Yuffie

Ninja Yuffie New Member

Bakura(yami) -- can you tell he's my favorite? (hence the sig lol)... I just love his sadistic meat loving attitude--- dont know if any of you have seen the japanese version of yu-gi-oh, or Yami Bakura's past, but his past is what makes me like him so much! He had to become a tombrobber just to provide food for his family... and then Mahado had to go seal him in the ring, that bastard! Bakura is amusing, and doesn't give up either. He has an interesting type of power... mind control! Mwahaha... He can take over the persons body and pretend to be them-- thats teh shiot. Though he seems to be "killed off" alot, he always comes back for sweet, sweet revenge! Mwah...mwahahaha! And lets face it, I love white haired psycho freaks!

18. Canti

Canti New Member

i like bakura, and ryu bakura
    bakura becuse hes looks cool and is very nice
    ryu bakura becuse hes scary and cool becuse no matter what yami cast destroy him

19. Rane

Rane New Member

Ah...I really don't like Yami Malik...his face stretches.....eeee.....

My favorite characters are : Yami Bakura, Ryou, Malik, Noah...and...currently....Dartz (don't mind me...I just like his name! I mean, it's utterly funny since it sounds like "darts," which someone took time to point out in a fanfiction)

20. Canti

Canti New Member

i dobt like hell marik hes creppy

but marik looks kindda nice when hes normal