Slayers Universe Favorite Episode?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by BakaMattSu, Aug 27, 2003.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Can't believe this hasn't been asked. Let's get a bunch of questions fired off, then!

What's your absolute favourite episode, movie, or ova?
    Which episode do you vote as being the funniest?
    Which episode has the best action sequences in your opinion?
    What is your favorite opening/ending sequence?

2. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Slayers Next Episode 16 or Episode 26.
    The Brass Rackets episode. Martina and Lina face off in the Finals.
    When the Lord of Nightmares takes over Lina's body and Gourry tries to catch her before she flies away.
    The episode when Amelia appears in Slayers. I can't remember which one that was. It's either Episode 11 or 12.
    Slayers Next Episode 26.
    Slayers Next Opening: Give a Reason.
    Slayers Try Ending: Don't Be Discouraged.

3. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

I loved the last few episodes of Next. They were satisfying, funny, and sad all at the same time. ^_^;

The one in Next where Lina and Amelia have to sing that song Zelgadis dictates to them. In English. >D Oo! Or the one in Try where they have to go up to that shrine as couples! (Titles escape me. :eek: Heeh...)

The episode in Next right after the Clair Bible thing with the Golden Dragons. (I think they were golden. That guy -- that dragon guy was cute. That's all I remember about him. o.o ^^)

Give a Reason and Jama wa Sasenai. (There's a certain beauty in simplicity -- plus, the song was cool. ^_^)

4. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

My favorite funnies are:

"The Scary Li-mera Plan" of the Slayers Special OVA.

"A Good Business. Being a Bodyguard Isn't Easy!" - ep. 3 pf Next (Lina/Gourry and Zel/Amelia work jobs opposing each other without even knowing it)

"I won't let you escape! Return of the Obsessive Martina!" - ep. 6 of Next (and Martina at her best, IMHO)

"The Forbidden Dance? Where is the Strongest Spell?" - ep. 14 of Next (one of Phox's picks...too funny)

"A Big Crash? The Battle of Artemay Tower!" - ep.15 of Next (those doll costumes are funny, especially Gourry's)

"The Hurdle's Cleared? Jiras' Hidden Power!" -ep.11 of Try (Jiras in action. ^^)

My favorite action shots are in:

"DASH! Run For It! My Magic Doesn't Work!" - ep.4 of Slayers (the Zelgadis vs. Lina chase is a very well-done scene)

"JACKPOT! The Great Life or Death Gamble!" - ep.10 of Slayers (the battle against Shabranigdo was always a high action point for me)

"Go To NEXT! And Then Again..." -ep.26 of Next (Lord of Nightmares. 'nuff said.)

5. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

Never seen the first season, so i'm a bit limited. But...

The episode in Next when Xelloss first appears. :p And the last ones of Next and Try were really good too.

The one where they went dragon hunting in Next. The Amelia/Lina (and a bit Zel) singing one, the Brass Rackets one, and the Artemay tower are funny too.

The whole Lina/gang/Xeloss/Overworlders/Filia versus DarkStar/Valgaav in Try episodes. (i was on edge the whole time).

Next opening, Try ending (cause Xellos is in it for a sec :p)

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

favorite episode of what? lol.. hehehe. Lost Universe: the chicken episode and the potty episode.. if I'm correct they were back to back episodes 8: Nina Corners and 9: Toilet Fears.

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Fair enough. And man, are those two classics, especially the potty one. I couldn't see I was laughing so hard ^^.

8. CoKe12

CoKe12 New Member

hmm it seems my CoKe11 account is messing up... o well anyways

i dont know about absolute favorite but i like where they killed copy rezo

i liked movie3 where the lina and nagha golems fight

the copy rezo fight

first season of slayers opening song or slayers try opening song"breeze"

first season of slayers ending song

9. Da Soulja

Da Soulja New Member

episode 1 is my fave..

10. ShinigamiSenshi

ShinigamiSenshi New Member

Favorite Episode: That dragon cuisine episode in Slayers NEXT
    Funniest Episode: Also the dragon cuisine episode
    Best Action Sequence Episode: The battle with Copy Rezo
    Favorite OP/ED song: Give a Reason - Slayers NEXT OP <--- this one is actually my favorite song of all from Megumi Hayashibara

11. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Funniest episode IMHO

Well I've only seen slayers NEXT, and i don't remember much. But I do remember a funny episode. My favorite: When The team go to the female kingdom, hee hee.

The ending was just hilarious.

The female princess turns out to be a guy who had been disguised since child, to remain in the kingdom.

It's specially funny because Zelgadis kinda felt something for the princess. :p And she's a guy! hee hee hee.

And then turns out that half the kingdom were also guys in disguise!!
    LOL!!!!

12. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I would have to say that my favorite series is Try, now, followed up by the original Slayers series. As for episodes, I'd say my favorites would be the episodes showing the battle against Copy Rezo.

Premium. Slayers Premium was by far the funniest. Especially with the commentary by Crispin Freeman and Cynthia Martinez. I mean, I don't usually watch anime in English, but Premium made an exception. English was just as funny as Japanese. (Butterscotch Nose Appraiser) :D

Following that up is that section near the end of the original series, where Lina-tachi go to the magic laboratory and
    the battle between the armies of Chibi-Linas and Chibi-Gourrys ensues.:D:D:D

Yeah, I'd go with the battle against Copy Rezo. Simply because Rezo was there. He's the coolest villain I've seen in a while.

I'd go with Breeze for opening, and... I can't decide for endings. I'll have re-watch.

13. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I just watched half of the first season :p

My favorite moments so far involve the lovely Amelia :p

The first one, when she first spots the bandits and climbs the tree (all exhausted) and then does her superjump, to land on the head of the man she was supposed to rescue :D

The second one, and my favorite, when Lina is running away from the bandits, and does her levitation! But Gourry catches her, and then the bandits catch him, and form a chain... and Lina is barely enduring them, when Amelia runs to the rescue and ends up kicking Lina's face! :p
    So Amelia falls, and then she looks below, and says: VICTORY! It turns out that all the bandits were below her, all knocked out (with Lina on the bottom! :D )

It was the greatest laugh I've had in a very long, LONG time!