Favorite .hack character class?

Discussion in '.hack' started by Kagome's Arrow, Jun 25, 2004.

?

Favorite Character Class?

1. Wavemaster

43.8%
  2. Heavy Blade

12.5%
  3. Twin Blade

50.0%
  4. Blademaster

18.8%
  5. Long Arm

6.3%
  6. Heavy Axeman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Well to help out those who are new to the series, I'll include a little description of each (let me know if I forgot any of them).

Ooh, here are some lovely descriptions I found on a fansite. Saves me the trouble ^_^

Blademaster - (Bear, Ginkan, Balmung) A character who fights with on-handed swords. Heavy blades have medium attack power and high defense.

Heavy Axeman - (Subaru) A character whose weapon of choice is a two-handed axe. They have high attack power but slow movement.

Heavy Blade - (Mimiru) A subdivision of the Blademaster category, Heavy Blades specialize in the use of large two-handed swords and have high attack power.

Long Arm - (Crim) A character who uses a two-handed spear is a Long Arm. They have high attack power, but lower defense.

Twin Blade - (Sora, A20) Characters specializing in using two blades, either shorter swords or specialized blades mounted to the back of the wrist. Twin Blades are able to use high attack power skills.

Wavemaster - (Tsukasa, BT, Helba) One who uses magic as their primary weapon. Wavemasters carry only a staff, often with magic crystal or gem embedded in it. Wavemasters are low on attack and defense power but adept at healing.

My personal favorite might have to be Heavy Blade, but that's only because I've always been a huge fan of Mimiru. If I had to pick without bias, then I think I might have to go with Wavemaster, just because I've always been partial to magic over weapons.

2. Black Robed One

Black Robed One New Member

Hmmm... Leaving the character preferances aside, that's a really tough choice. In various CRPGs (including global online RPGs, such as the World), I usually prefer to play fighter class with some magical abilities (for example, in ol' good Ultima Online [the only global online RPG I have ever played] I began as a lumberjack/carpenter but as soon as I've learned basics and earned some gold, I shaped my character into a fighter/mage). As about the World... Hmmm... If I would start playing in the World, I could choose Blademaster, Long Arm or Wavemaster, but most likely I would choose Long Arm.

P.S.

I really don't know how it was made in .hack/SIGN or the World, but long arms (such as spears, halberts or Japanese naginatas [the later is Crim's weapon of choice]) actually give their wielder quite a good advantages in terms of defense (long reach makes it harder to approach the wielder, and the long handle is also quite good for parrying weapons like axes or maces), and this being so, I have always thought that Long Arm class was leaning more towards defense then towards offense; but from .hack/SIGN it is really hard to judge this, for the only Long Arm character - Crim is actually very good in both offense and defense because of his high character level.

3. Miko

Miko New Member

I chose Twin Blade because I like the idea of using two blades. If you need to, you can use one blade to block and the other to strike, or give out some serious hp damage using both blades.

4. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

Well, speaking from the perspective of playing the various .hack videogames, I'd have to say that I prefer the Twin Blade class for all-around usefulness, and the Blademaster because it's a good, durable fighting class with decent speed. I loathe slow characters like you wouldn't believe. XD

Now, out of the strictly stat-based favoritism, I'd have to say that I also like Wavemasters. Tsukasa and Elk... Well, suffice it to say that both of them give me yaoi thoughts (and, yes, I do know about Tsukasa, no need to point it out to me). I'll admit that the idea of male mages who need protection from other bishounen has a certain appeal. XD But that aside, it would be friggin' neat to blast spells at somebody, though perhaps not as satisfying as all-out slicing up an enemy.

5. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Wavemaster. In the games i thought the wavemasters were very useful. You could heal, do magic and attack. And magic is sweet. Being able to set stuff on fire. Make lightning. All that jazz is pretty cool. Magic conqures all in my opinion. And best of all you get a neat staff.

In the Anime, i thought Tsukasa was pretty cool, and he was a wavemaster. And the wavemasters tended to reveal things in the anime. Or were the cleaver ones.

6. Miko

Miko New Member

You do have a point Jaken, but if they were ever to make a game like 'The World' for real, it would really depend on the person playing the Character. The closest to this I've seen is Phanstasy Star Online, I have an online Character class that I've heard plenty of people call sluts and idiots just because of the way the charas are dressed or the way the players act. So I could probably say that it a) depends on what you want out of your chara (its not right to have a blademaster or a HUmar walking around with a staff or something) and b) the way you play. (I perfer slicing and dicing my enemies, which makes HUnewearls and Twin Blades good for me)

7. Fuuma

Fuuma New Member

Wavemasters... Elk > all of you.

8. Megami-Chan

Megami-Chan New Member

Probably Twin Blade. I've allways been a fan of the whole speed/agility based classes. And Dual-wielding is always cool. Always.

9. Kokoro

Kokoro New Member

Twin Blader

I chose the Twin Blader. They start with almost all around stats, and you can build them how you want.

Also, Twin bladers can attack all around, and not have to focus on strong attacks, magics, or defense. They have agility and endurance, but I think little defense.

That's just my opinion.

Kokoro

10. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

Twin Blades i guess - depending on how you equip them they essentially become any class you choose (of course you cant equip heavy armour but there are alternatives) and if you equip them right they just have near perfect all round balance

11. Saikira

Saikira New Member

I like the Twin Blades also, mainly for similar reasons to Miko's: I like to slice up my enemies. ^^ Even my D&D chara uses two blades.

12. Yuki S.

Yuki S. New Member

i choose blademaster, because its like kick a$$, :D its so cool,

13. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

My favorite class would have to be wavemaster, twin blade, and heavyblade. :D

14. Ouka

Ouka New Member

heavy blades are awesome! :D I just like the idea of a really big and powerful weapon! you can do some real damage with those! blademaster comes in at a close second though. :anime: