Favorite Hollow Hunter

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by Izzy, Sep 12, 2004.

?

Favorite Shinigami

1. Kurisaki Ichigo

9 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. Inoue Orihime

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Sado "Chad" Yasutora

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Uryuu Ishida

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  5. Kuchiki Rukia

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

For the sake of ease, I'm not going to include the ACTUAL Shinigami here, with the exception of Rukia, because she's not exactly Shinigami...sort of... Unless, of course, you want me to...

Kurosaki Ichigo - He was already susceptible to seeing things spiritual, with his strong connection to the dead. He receives powers seemingly more powerful than that of Rukia, the shinigami he receives his powers from. Uses a gigantic katana, capable of slicing hollows with ease. Very stubborn, extremely irritable, and rushes headlong into problems, which sometimes causes problems of its own...

Inoue Orihime - For all intents and purposes, Ichigo's better half. Other than Rukia, she would be one of the main female focii of the manga. She gained her powers by hanging around Ichigo, apparently manifesting her own. Her powers center around the hairclips her deceased brother had given her, and appear as fairies. So far, she has demonstrated the power to heal, attack, and put up a barrier. Very easygoing, rather obvious in her crush for Ichigo, and always happy...has strange "erotic" dreams too!

Sado "Chad" Yasutora - Big, tough, and quiet, Chad's the strongman. Absolutely caring of others, he's always protective of those he's around. Built like a tank, he's usually depicted as a lumbering giant, towering over everybody, yet quiet. Already tough before his spiritual powers came into play, he actually had a steel beam crush him and survived. His powers are centered around his right arm. When activated, his arm turns black and shifts to become a bit larger, and he uses that arm to attack Hollows. Seemingly, the arm is just as strong as Rukia's sword.

Uryuu Ishida - A "Quincy", a group of men that have hunted hollows for decades (?), Ishida is the last remaining one. Out to get revenge on Shinigami because it was them that demolished the "Quincy" clan. He comes across as rather stuck-up and angry. He has spiritual powers of his own, and may center around the bow and arrows that he uses to hunt Shinigami. The arrows are powerful, able to destroy lower shinigami with just one shot.

Kuchiki Rukia - The Shinigami that gave up his powers to Ichigo because he was too injured and needed time to recuperate. Tranferred in a female body in the meantime, while her powers grow back, she gives Ichigo advice and pointers on how to fight Hollows with more efficiency. She also seems to have her own spiritual powers based around her Shinigami powers, than just her sword and immaterialization. Small "boom" attacks are the only ones witnessed that I know of, so far.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I really enjoyed the preview in Shonen Jump. This is a series I wouldn't mind getting into. I don't know the name of the character but I think it is Kurosaki Ichigo.

3. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

Surely most of those characters arent really "hollow hunters" as far as i know some of them only use thier abilities once and then it's in defence - though i may be wrong

Well i look like ishida and will be cosplaying as him at amecon '06 so i have to say him (Quincy archer hates you)

Question: does the american version have the original chapter titles?

also how far is the american release into the story?

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

2 volumes, and AFAIK, it's the original chapters.

The only thing they really changed was Rukia's sex (he was a boy as a Shinigami, and his alternate body is a girl's) and giving Ichigo a nickname of "Strawberry". They, thank god, don't use his nickname other than one instance.

And, I used "Hollow Hunter" as a general term. Ichigo became a Hunter, as did Ishida, so I used that term to whoever had the abilities to hunt/attack Hollows.

5. Fushigi Rockna

Even though I've only read the first two volumes, i really, really, like Orihime. ^^ Can't wait to see more of her and those powers that were described.

(the part with her brother was so sad!)

6. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

Damn that gonna be weird later in the series - when they

go to the soul society and rukia still looks like a girl - and it seems as if they are setting them up as a couple when ichigo is trying to save her maybe not maybe it's just me

Also that isnt the real reason why ishida despises the shinagami but that's also spoiler information and i cant be bothered with the tags

7. Basher

I have read the first volume. I still like Kurosaki Ichigo. From what I understand there is another volume avialable right?

8. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

(this message is being completely rewritten on izzy's advice - i'd also like to see this topic thrive but i seem to be the only person posting other than in this thread)

Before it was licensed you could get fan translated volumes on the net. Now though the only way you'd be able to get them is if you break the law - so thats a no go.

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

You generally don't want to post things like that because that's an easy way to get this thread closed. Personally, I'd love to see the Bleach manga strive, so refrain to referring to anything "gained in illegality".

Especially since it's licensed.

10. Basher

This month volume #3 is coming out. So buy it the legit way. (Borrow from a friend)

11. TheGreatShinobi

TheGreatShinobi New Member

(just so you know volume three is out i just started reading it today)and you dont have to buy it just read it in the store :D

alright i voted for the only one i know since rukai cant be counted as one, when do you get to see more of these hollow hunters

12. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

you dont see any other shinagami for a while, i think two show up around volume 8-10 then the team "do something" (cant be bothered with spoiler tags today sorry) and then they meet up with 13 catians - 13 vice captains - seated members of squads and then bottom feedding low level shinegami

i'll try to find a pic of them - but there arent any on google so i'll have tro pull it from disk

13. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Don't know buy Ichigo is the your common " I am so pissed I am going to destroy everything " type of characther, so I guess I'd go with him.

Overall it's a great show, and the manga lives up to it's name ;)

- Teddz

14. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

This is really unfair - out of the people who are listed for favourite - only ichigo really does anything as far as the american release has gone

The others dont get a chance to shine for a little while yet (sorry i know at the time of writting this only volume three has been released stateside and i cant remember which volume everything kicks off with)

15. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

X__x I voted?! I support Rukia! She's my favorite Hollow hunter. I think i voted to early. :dizzy2:

16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I can't contain it anymore.

Well, besides the obvious, my lovely Strawberry (Ichigo),

For me my favourite so far are:

Shunsui Kyouraku
    Yoruichi
    Urahara Kisuke
    Zaraki Kenpachi

The one I hate the most is:

Ichimaru Gin

The funniest or most pathetic:

Kurumadani Zennosuke (the afroed one)

17. NINJ4

NINJ4 New Member

I supported Ichigo,but if you had a choice that said all of the above...I would go with that.*Did anyone see Ichigo's Bankai release?It rocks!*

18. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I've only been able to see the anime, but i'm waiting to see if i can get the manga, so i don't know who some of the later characters are.

I think that one of my favorites is Chad, i thinks its cool that hes so big but also so gentle to other people.
    I also think that Rukia is pretty cool.

19. Tai

Tai New Member

Rukia! XD She rules! I love her! Ichigo I think would be my second choice just because of his huge ass sword and everything but Rukia rocks! No one can beat her! Maybe Byakuya but he isn't on the list.

20. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Aww Chad doesnt have a vote. I voted for Rukia.