Manga Favorite Manga Artist?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Desolated Neko, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Desolated Neko

Desolated Neko New Member

Whose your favorite Manga artist?

Mines are Yuu Watase (Creator of Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi No Ceres, Alice 19th, and her new manga coming out this summer Imadoki.) ^^ I really love her style. And I love Hisaya Nakajo! (Creator of Hana Kimi.) I love her work alot! Her drawings are very clean and the story line for her mangas are incredible! :anime:

2. sakana

sakana New Member

I love several stories by Clamp, Rumiko Takahashi's Inuyasha and Nobuyuki Fukumoto's [Naruto]art and stories. Good, fun plot, art, and character development ^-^Some others too, from that Nakayoshi magazine. :catgirl:

3. Ueda

Ueda New Member

Ishiwatari Daisuke. My fav anime artist.
    Didn't really create a manga, nor an anime series, but he created Guilty Gear by himself ... it's a anime-ish fighting game for the ps2, x-box and arcade.

4. Yuuki Miaka

Yuuki Miaka New Member

My favorite manga artist is Arina Tanemura, the artist of Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne and Full Moon Wo Sagashite. She's really talented and her work has so much detail.

5. Desolated Neko

Desolated Neko New Member

I know what you mean about Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, the graphics are so Kawaii!!!!

6. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Yasuhiro Nightow.....Trigun was the "shisnit"!(lol) <(???)
    Anyways...i liked his style and sense of humor.

7. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I've never really thought about who my favorite artist is, i like the work done by Clamp, cause they can really make their characters look beautiful and then make them look cute as well when the character is playing around.

8. Dante

Dante New Member

Yasuhiro Nightow. A very talented artists and his character designs are great (and they especially improved when he did Gungrave, although as far as I know there's no Manga for it).

And because I'm too lazy to type up reasons, I'll just say them: Myung-Jin Lee (Ragnarok), Kohta Hirano (Hellsing), and Kaori Yuki (Angel Sanctuary).

9. Karmi

Karmi New Member

It's a hard decision for me, but I would probably have to close CLAMP first. I love their art! It's so awesome. They did/do Chobits, Magic Knight Rayearth, X 1999, Angelic Layer, Tsubasa, Wish, and others!

10. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Yuu Watase is my favorite!!!
    But I shouldn't forget CLAMP.
    Yeah, Watase and CLAMP,

11. Kawaii-neko163

Kawaii-neko163 New Member

I actually have three in close runnings:

Tanemura Arina who did Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne, Full Moon Wo Sagashite, Ion, a doujinshi for Escaflowne and Time Stranger Kyoko.

Sugisaki Yukiru who did D.N. Angel, Candidate for Goddess, the art for Brain Powered and Lagoon Engine.

CLAMP who did so many titles it'll take forever to list them all but three of my favorites are Angelic Layer, Magic Knight Rayearth and Wish.

12. Korjun

Korjun New Member

I like Ken Akamatsu because he did Love Hina and also did a really good job on Negima, which I am currently reading and waiting for the full series to be released. :)

13. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

For me its CLaMP, and whoever did marmalade boy, It was beautifully drawn (mm gorgeous guys...) I also like Watase, and Myuing-Jee Lee ( i think thats right)

14. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

*late* My favorite artists are Watase Yuu (Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres...), Sugisaki Yukiru (Candidate for Goddess, DNAngel), and Takeuchi Naoko (Sailormoon...).

Also, the Full Moon wo Sagashite artist is really good, and CLAMP deserves a mention. (My favorite CLAMP non-style is the one in Clover, because it was just the tiniest bit different. Mostly for the adults, but still. ^^)

And I can't forget Koge-Donbo. The art for Pita Ten is just too cute. <3

1 person likes this.
  15. Kitoky

Kitoky New Member

Yuu Watase - Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres, Alice 19th

Nobuhiro Watsuki - Rurouni Kenshin

Yukiru Sugisaki - DNAngel, Pilot Candidate/Megami Kouhosei/Candidate for Goddess.

16. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I would have to say Clamp. They are my favorite. I like other artists alot as well. But clamp is my favorite.

17. Fushigi Rockna

Yuu Watase is wonderful. Her drawing style is just amazing. So are their colored works.

Kaori Yuki (Angel Sanctuary and Count Cain) is another great one. Her work is so amazingly detailed and simply marvelous.

Lastly, Mia Ikumi (Tokyo Mew Mew). her art is just so adorable and soemtimes really pretty.

Honroable mention: natsumi Ando (Zodiac PI). just a really greta artist. :) I really like her style.

1 person likes this.
  18. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

the guy who made "my neighbor totoro" and "mononoke hime" and lots of other stuff. forgot his name. miyazaki something.

19. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

I like clamp(love their style), rumiko takahashi and saitou chiho:)

20. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Ken Akamatsu! I Loved Love Hina! (I mean only this for the manga and the anime "Love Hina"....however "Love HIna Again" was not that good)

1 person likes this.