Movies Favorite Movies

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by J-Morgan, Nov 26, 2002.

?

Favorite Movies

1. 8 Mile

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Spider-Man

10 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Half Past Dead

1 vote(s)
    3.1%
  4. 007-Die Another Day

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  5. Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  6. Harry Potter and The Sorcerers Stone

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  7. Austin Powers Gold Member

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  8. Jackass The Movie

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  9. Mission Impossible 2

3 vote(s)
    9.4%
  10. Blade 2

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. J-Morgan

J-Morgan Guest

I would like to know what movies do you members of Manga to Anime like. If your favorite movie is not listed up there then tell me anyways. I've put the option on so people can vote for more than one movie.

2. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

I had to vote for Spider-Man and the first Harry Potter movie, the only good ones up there (set aside the second Harry Potter movie which I'm hopefully going to see soon and Blade 2, which I also haven't seen but liked the first one). Though I kind wish there were some other Sam Raimi movies up there (Evil Dead Trilogy), The Crow Movies, some good Brad Pitt movies (Fight Club, Snatch, True Romance), and of course some Kevin Smith movies (namely Mallrats and Dogma).

3. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

Spiderman Spiderman
    Does whatever a spider can
    Spins a web any size catches thiefs just like flies look out
    Here comes the Spiderman

4. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

final fantasy: spirits within would definatly be my favourite.
    or maybe Kiss of the dragon.

5. Little Washu

Little Washu New Member

My vote went to Spiderman although I did like the Potter Movies but I still havn't seen 8 Mile. Heard it was good though.

~Washu

Attached Files:

6. LegendarySpider

LegendarySpider New Member

Man...any Batman movie (okay...except for maybe the last one. :: pukes:: ) Matrix, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, The Iron Giant (I'm totally in love with this movie! :p ) The Lord of the Rings, and the Cowboy Bebop movie, Knockin' On Heaven's Door will be a favorite once I see it (I'm sure of this...and it comes out in America early next year! Yeah!)

7. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Batman: Returns
    Batman
    The Fifth Element
    12 Monkeys
    Robin Hood: Prince of Theives
    The Hunt for Red October
    The Matrix
    Gladiator
    The Black Hole

8. Odin

Odin Member

I wouldn't put any of those movies on my "top favorites" list, though I really liked Spider Man and both Harry Potter movies (the books I like even more!).

Here is my current favorites list off the top of my head (which is by no means complete):

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Life is Beautiful
    Saving Private Ryan
    A Beautiful Mind
    Gladiator
    Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
    -Odin

9. blood_pheonix

blood_pheonix New Member

and "black hawk down" is pretty cool

10. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Kudos to those who went for some ol' school hits.

I'm a big fan of:
    Casablanca
    Breakfast at Tiffany's
    Batman Forever
    Back to the Future Trilogy (which is out this month!)
    A Knight's Tale
    Robin Hood: Men in Tights
    The Saint

And some others I probably can't think of because I haven't watched real movies in too long. :D

11. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

My favorite Movies...

SpiderMan
    Interview with the Vampire
    Runaway Bride
    The Others
    Signs
    Seven
    Sixth Sense

12. artemis836

artemis836 Vampire Slayer

Ooooo Seven

That movie freeked me out big time!

13. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Well for one, none of my favorite movies are on the vote thingy, now what I'm gonna say is my opinion on the movies so don't take offense or something like that:

8 Miles: Was good but not that great, a movie worth either watching once at the big screens, or renting it at your local video when it comes out on video/DVD. I wouldn't buy it, even if Eminem is on it.

Spider-Man: It was great when I first saw it on the big screens, but when I saw it again at my sister's house this Thanksgiving, tears started to come out of my eyes because I couldn't stop laughing because it was so stupid, not that the movie sucked or anything but it was so much different then how I envisioned it on the theaters. It's still a movie worth in any DVD collection.

Half-Past Dead: Don't even get me started, it's a Steven Seagul movie, he sucks *** 'nuff said

007: Die Another Day: I haven't seen it, but my dad has, and he's a huge 007 fan, and he liked it a lot, that could mean it's a really good James Bond movie. Of course it could have been a biases decision seeing how North Korea and Koreans actually got involved instead of the other communist countries (Mainly China and Russia)

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: It was better then I expected, I especially loved the English accents (Can't get enough of that English accent, ohh yea) Though the ending of the movie was a wee bit weird, and confusing (for me anyways) It was good none the less. Would I buy it on DVD, I'm stilling thinking about it

Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets: A lot better then the first and a wee bit darker. My 4 year old nephew started hiding behind the chair of the theaters in the spider scene. But just as the first one, I'm still debating wheter I should buy iy for DVD or not.

Austin Powers: Goldmember: Never seen it, must see it, looks funny as hell

Jackass: The Movie: I couldn't stop laughing and I think my seamlessly unending laugh caused some people too leave, either that or they just hated the movie period. You need to have taste for the show and a sense of humor (a enormous one) to really enjoy for this movie. I would probably buy it, but the movie is not for everyone.

Mission Impossible 2: The movie sucked big time, Hated it 'nuff said.

Blade 2: This movie had mixed reviews and that's understandable. It was a fairy enjoyable but couldn't compete with it's predecessor.

That's what I think of those movies, as for favorites, I don't like choosing favorites, because there's too many of them.

14. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

:D Austin Powers

15. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

It not be u pthere but o well :D
    Hmm but id have to say mission impossible 2!
    Not becuase of Tom Cruis.... the other guy ::sighs::
    lol....good action scenes......bla bla bla
    my favorite .. Con Air! GO Cons!!!!!! whoop whoop!

16. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

Hmmm, not time to think it out, but here is a quick list:

My Fair Lady

Star Wars Saga

Indiana Jones

Emperor's new Groove

Gadica

Home Alone

Toy Story

Harry Potter

Spellbound

Minority Report

Jaws

Sixth Sense

Unbreakable

Signs

North by Northwest

Vertigo

To Catch a Thief

Rope

Matrix

Mission Impossible

The Fugitive

Rebecca

Hunt for the Red October

Fantasia 2000

Kiki's Deliver Service

Wait until Dark

What lies Beneath

Mr. Smith goes to Washington

It happened one Night

Mr. Deeds goes to Town

Arsnic and Old Lace

The Birds

Lord of the Rings

The Big Sleep

Favorite Directors:

Hitchcock

Frank Capra

George Lucas

M. Night

Favorite Actors:

Cary Grant

Jimmy Stewart

Audrey Hepburn

Harrison Ford

Shirley Temple

Jim Carey

17. Stos

Stos New Member

Jackass is my favorite movie on that list. It is Funny as all hell at least for me it was.
    The First Harry Potter was a decent move, better than I expected.
    Spider-man is a great movie, but I can see how it is also a bad movie. For instance they do not use his brain at all in the movie, he is supposed to be an almost genius when it comes to science. And because they do not use that ability he shoots webbing from his wrist. He is supposed to use his brain and construct a web slinging device that does go onto his wrists though. Than he has web cartridges and can sometimes run out of webbing, which create obstacles for spidey. (I have seen too much of the former Fox cartoon - Spider Man) I like super heroes with limited powers and not heroes with unlimited everything like SuperMan. But Spider Man is still a great movie.
    Goldmember is an OK comedy, weirder than the first two, but I do not think it was funnier at all.
    Can not comment on the rest of the movies cus I have not seen them. Ohh except for the horrible MI2, but the original Mission Impossible movie has to be a classic.
    My other favorite movies would be:
    Star Wars movies - all of them are great
    Face/Off - Cage and Travolta in one movie and both playing each other's roles, what more do you want?
    Lord of The Rings - I am sure I will love all the movies once they are released and I have seen them
    Back to the Future trilogy - can you not see that I love trilogies and time travel is always cool
    Indiana Jones movies - who does not like like these movies?
    Any and All Bruce Willis movies like Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Die Hard Trilogy, etc....
    I think I will stop here

18. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

wellll, the one movie that scared me the most in my life was The Ring. I'll never forget that movie. Ever. *shudder* It brings back all childhood memories of bloody mary and the boogie man. I had an overactive imagination as it was ppl, you just HAD TO ADD TO IT.......*sigh* other than that, my fave movie on that list would be.......Austin Powers. Laughed me arse off. I think you have to have a very warped and sick sense of humor for that un. :D

19. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Dirteh kogeh ;)

Mine has to be "Lilja 4-ever" And "Amelie from Montmarte"

Two wonderful european movies that shakes you like hell! (Lilja that is.)

Lilja 4-ever is a swedish movie about a 16years old girl named Lilja who lives somewhere in baliticum, her mother abandons her so she has to carry on alone with her only friend Volodja, a 12year old boy. One Day she mets a 17 years old boy who tells her there is a better life in Sweden...which turns out...not that wonderful....

Not sure if the movie will make to the American or Canadian cinemas, but rent it if u find it. TRust me, u get really shaken...

20. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I voted for harry potter two .. I like this movie the best from the list you put up