Music Favorite punk/grunge bands

Discussion in 'Music' started by grunge_otaku, Nov 25, 2004.

1. grunge_otaku

grunge_otaku New Member

Okay, so which grunge and punk bands does everyone like?

Personally, I'm a huge fan of the Seattle sound (I even dress in ripped jeans and flannel), both grunge and punk. I'm obsessed with Nirvana, but I also like the Stone Temple Pilots, L-7, Soundgarden, Mudhoney, Sonic Youth (well, more "no wave" than grunge), etc...

In terms of punk, I really like Riot Grrrrrl punk (even though I'm a guy). Bands like Bikini Kill, Bratmobile, L-7, Hole, and more.

In terms of older, classic punk, you basically don't have a choice. You've got the few classic bands like the Clash, the Ramones, the Sex Pistols, etc... And they're good just for the fact that they had the guts to sing punk.

More modern punk - 80's punk was REALLY good. Black Flag, Big Black, Jesus Lizard, the Melvins, the Butthole Surfers...

Nowadays, both genres seem to be dead. In my view, the last great punk bands were Bad Religion and (arguably) Offspring, and they were not nearly as hardcore as the others. Grunge is pretty much dead, except for poseurs like Puddle of Mud.

I'm really disgusted by the fact that bands like Blink-182 and Good Charlotte are ever considered punk. That's an insult to all of those artists who sang REAL punk.

2. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Punk: The Clash
    The Cure.

I can't tolerate any other punk music.

Grunge: Alice In Chains
    and, although are more metal-ee stuff...
    Soundgarden
    Stone Temple Pilots.

Chris Cornell is h4w7.

3. MaximumFlouride

MaximumFlouride New Member

Not a fan of grunge.

But punk wise...........Dead Kennedys, RAMONES, D.I., Adicts, Exploited, GBH, Oi Polloi, Aus Rotten..........many many more.........

Notice I did not mention the Sex Pistols because they are not a real band, they just the fabrication of a manager who picked up random people.....they were sellouts, and yes I know the Ramones did in time sell out, but the Pistols sold out before thet ever recorded a song

4. Meshuggah

Meshuggah New Member

Punk:

Quicksand
    Youth of Today
    Underdog
    Bad Brains
    The Clash

Grunge:

Nirvana
    Alice In Chains
    Soundgarden
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Pixies (grunge?)
    Pearl Jam

5. kenshinschica

kenshinschica New Member

The Cure!!!

6. AngelicDemon

AngelicDemon New Member

Punk: Joy Division, The New York Dolls, Iggy Pop, The Stooges, Dead Kenedys, etc....

Grundge: Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots, Sound Garden etc...

The Cure are not even Punk lol.. Dear god they don't even have that punk sound. They are more new wave/ goth influenced.

7. seto/joey rlz!

seto/joey rlz! New Member

Green Day
    Simple Plan
    Bowling for Soup

If those aren't punk then whatever.......I've been braindead, insane, and I've been seeing things today. :dizzy2: