Fruits Basket Favourite Fruits Basket Character?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by *Fabee*, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Desdicha

Desdicha New Member

Sohma Shigure.

Hey, he's amusing. He seems like such an absent minded, fluffy fellow. Then he comes upon those strange and impromptu moments of seriousness. Where he does a particularly good deed, or plots something really devious with out anyone else (Save maybe Hatori...) knowing about it. Besides, he's such a flirt ;) .

After the puppy, and through-out the story line, my heart goes out to Kyo. (Untill this manga/anime came along I swore I'd be soley a cat person till the day I died. o_O)

2. Desolated Neko

Desolated Neko New Member

Of course Kyo!!! ^^ He's such a cute Neko ! Let's see the runner ups would definitely be Yuki, Tohru, then...Shirgure I guess. ^^ -Huggles Kyo Pushie- Hehehe Mine!! ¬¬

3. NeverMore

NeverMore New Member

Kyo Sohma is my favorite fruits basket character.

4. Derek

Derek New Member

my Favorite character

my Favorite character is kyo........because he is cool......he is one of the sohma family(i think i don't know)there are more fruit basket character i like........it is honda Tohru,Yuki(rat) and kisa(tiger).....i like fruit basket........... :anime: :catgirl:

5. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Ahh! I'm very indecisive! How... how can I pick ONE? I love them all! ;_; Every one!Since everyone seems to like Kyo better, here's a hug for Yuki! xD

6. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

My favourite characters are a tie between Kyou and Hanachan. I love Kyou's personality and looks, but Hanachan is just hilarious.

7. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Kyo!!
    I don't know why.
    Maybe it's because I like cats?
    And because he's funny.

8. ShiguresRose

ShiguresRose New Member

Shigure no doubt ^^ He is so funny and so loveable. I am a dog person lol, my friends say i'm a female version of him lol pervertedness is a plus :D lol

9. sango100

sango100 New Member

Kyo! ^_^

I will have to say Kyo! I just love him.

10. CrazyLionMiko

CrazyLionMiko New Member

Oh, I can`t pick just one. So I`ll just name some:

Tohru, Kyo, Shigure, and Hatsuharu.

There`s a lot of Kyo fans out there. :cool:

11. coldhearted

coldhearted Queen of Randomness

Kyo is my favorite character.but if i had to choose another one it would have to be yuki.

12. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

You know, one thing that struck me as odd about Fruits Basket is that most people seem to like almost the entire cast - it's very easy to feel neutral towards almost everyone. This was actually detrimental for me, because I tend not to rewatch a series or really get into the fandom if I don't end up feeling strongly drawn to one character, and instead wind up just feeling passive towards the whole cast.

That said, the characters who made the greatest impression on me would have to be as follows:

- Hanajima: Loved her. *hee* She's one of the few female characters that I've really enjoyed watching - because she somehow avoids the typical "quiet/morbid/sarcastic Goth-type" cliché, if barely. She has that same general feel without it being overdone and Daria-esque; she has real depth. (I happened to read a scanlated chapter from the manga which deals with Hanajima exclusively, detailing her childhood and her "vibe-powers" - she's really an interesting character.)

- Ayame: Ayame joins a long list of fruity, silver-haired prettyboys (or pretty men) that I've found entertaining for one reason or another. *chuckles* While I can't say that I identified with him, I did enjoy his screentime - he's hilarious. And he flounces. XD

- Shigure: What can I say? He's very hard not to like.

I also liked Hatsuharo and Uo-chan, but to a lesser extent - possibly because they didn't get quite enough development for me to be immediately drawn to them. *shrug* I preferred Kyo over Yuki, but in the end, neither of them was especially high in my affections.

The character who came closest to being my favorite was probably Akito. I have a tendency to be drawn to characters like him: cruel, moody, sadistic, and yet also inherently tragic and probably only lashing out because of unresolved psychological issues. (Hm, I wonder what that says about me... XD) However:

It turns out that Akito is actually a woman. I don't know the details, since apparently this is a relatively recent development in the manga, and hasn't been totally explained - or at least, no fansites that I've seen have given me any real information besides "Akito is a girl!" I do know that it's supposed to have something to do with her mother either wanting a son, or not wanting a female head of the family. Either way, Akito's gender was kept hidden. A few of the other Sohmas do know about it, though (notably Hatori, of course, and possibly Shigure - and what's-his-name the Rooster, who has apparently had sex with/been in a relationship with Akito).

The reason that Akito fails to have truly captivated me is that, while I can sympathize with the character's motives as a male, for some reason I find female!Akito to be utterly loathesome. o_O I don't have any real justification for that, only that what works in a male character's personality can be utterly different in a female's. While I was apt to see male!Akito as pitiable and to read his posessiveness of the Zodiac members as a cry for attention and a desperate need to be loved, female!Akito seems more like an obnoxious, manipulative shew to me. ^^; I know it's the same character, and I've tried very hard not to let a technicality like gender sway me from liking Akito, but I just can't do it. The revelation that Akito is female changes my interpretation of his/her motives so drastically that I found myself unable to really relate to the character comfortably.

13. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

I would have to say Haru, hes my favorite, and kyo and yuki came next.

14. Circe Yami

Circe Yami New Member

YuKi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. _ukyo_

_ukyo_ New Member

The dude who turns into the cat! I forget his name...

16. Badluck

Badluck New Member

My favorite is Kyo-Kun! I love him so much.
    Plus he is played my favorite seiyuu, Tomokazu Seki.

17. sora2cool

sora2cool New Member

Kyo, KYo KKKKYYYYYYYOOOO I love kyo. Hes so funny and strong but has a very sad past dos'nt he.

18. Krystal-chan

Krystal-chan New Member

Hatsuharu!!! I like the Black Haru side most. Though he is followed closely by Momiji and Kyo.

19. tohru

tohru New Member

Tbh I like all the characters, but Tohru is my favorite, she's just so nice and kawaii :)

20. LiQ

LiQ New Member

Shigureeeeeee :D:D he's just to perverted tfuuuu Kawaii ;P
    I Luv him so much :D
    And next would be Kyo hehhehe
    And Finally Tohru, one of not many girls from anime that I like.