Anime favourite kid anime

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Deathscythe, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Deathscythe

Deathscythe New Member

what is your favourite kiddie anime?
    Mine is Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokemon

2. Chi

Chi New Member

I think he means one that is aimed at the kiddies. Hmmmmmmm I liked KiKi's.

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

This has NOTHING to do with my name at all whatsoever...seriously. It doesn't even coincide with its american release. But, I like Digimon. The first season. Yeah, it r0x0rz. :D

4. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

Since most anime is aimed at the younger age groups, defining "kid anime" as "anime made for kiddies" does absolutely nothing in narrowing down the field.

Of course, if you take the western perception of "kid anime" then you've got a slightly more managable group to work with, although there are still a large number of series included in that.

Therefore, I will propose my perceived definition on this, then answer the queston. ^_^

Kiddie anime - Anything that is shown with minor editing on the afternoon cartoon block, or that could be shown with only minor editing.

I would have to go with Nurse Angel Ririka SOS or Angelic Layer for this one, neither of which have actually been released in the US. If we're going for strictly domestic-release stuff....Yu-gi-oh is addicting (annoyingly) and Pokemon has its moments. Beyond that I really don't know all the things that have been showing on TV lately.

~Shadrach Anki

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

hehe well, i've always professed a love for pokemon...*^-^* might have something to do with cos play this year too

6. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

Pokemon! I love that anime. I got really addicted to it, especially the game. :D

7. CE!

CE! Guest

Yu-Gi-Oh and Medabots... *hangs head in shame*

Its sad...

8. SSJ_John

SSJ_John Guest

The first Anime I ever watched, I consider a Kiddie Anime..

Samurai Pizza Cats was fuggin' cooooool.

9. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

Yeah, I like Pokemon too ^_^ It's strange how others hate it now just because the seasons are getting repetitive. I still like it, just not as much XD

Does Sailormoon count as kid anime? Girl kid anime, maybe. If yes, I like SM!!

10. Belisarius

Belisarius New Member

I presume he means anime which is being used as kids programming , Ie the whole belt of Pokemon-esque stuff like Digimon , Sakura , Medabots etc .which is prolly the best of a bad lot .not being a huge fan of theese though all I can say is .....

Shin Chan

tbh

11. Hikaru

Hikaru New Member

Interesting question!

Well let's see... Pokemon was a definite craze...then now there's Yu-Gi-Oh which my brother is addicted to (I'm faintly attracted to it because of the storyline and the cool cards and effects and strategy thing). Hey, Hamtaro's cute too!! And Mon Colle Knights. I really like the drawings.

12. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Hmmmm... well the anime that I was crzed the most about was Pokemon back in the days, I watched every episode and played the games constantly (the games are still great!). And I was a master at the cards too, well maybe not a master... but I still kicked some butt!

13. Hikaru

Hikaru New Member

Mysterious Cities of Gold? I never heard of that. What's it about?

14. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

yes...welll...

:glazed: welll, my brother got me into the Yu-Gi-Oh card game, and frankly i havent watched more than 1 full episode(ive seen like 5 tiny exerpts[big word!]of other episodes) I like d pokeman, but not now. i might say medabots, also. oh well. whats horrible is that dbz is now considered a kiddie anime, prolly. i mean, WATCH THE F-ING SUBS!! WATCH THEM!!!!!

15. Dr. Nick Rivera

yes...welll...

:glazed: welll, my brother got me into the Yu-Gi-Oh card game, and frankly i havent watched more than 1 full episode(ive seen like 5 tiny exerpts[big word!]of other episodes) I like d pokeman, but not now. i might say medabots, also. oh well. whats horrible is that dbz is now considered a kiddie anime, prolly. i mean, WATCH THE F-ING SUBS!! WATCH THEM!!!!!

16. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

Ahh, Mysterious Cities of Gold....I remember watching a few episodes of that when I was about six or seven and absolutely loving it. Thing is, it was on cable and came on really early in the morning so I wasn't able to watch it all that often. Because of this, I hardly remember anything as far as the plot is concerned.

To Ranma-Yasha: From what little I know about DBZ, it probably is a series targeted to younger boys in Japan. Seriously, as I said before, most anime out in the market right now is targeted to elementary and junior-high school aged kids.

And as a note, Yu-gi-oh is addicting and interesting. Stupid show. *mock grumbles*

~Shadrach Anki

17. Dr. Nick Rivera

hiho

:glazed: to uh... shadowthingbard... uh... thanx.... i private messaged you. i feel special(teehee) entry plug suits!(teehee)