Anime favourite kid anime

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Deathscythe, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Vampire_Claudia

Vampire_Claudia New Member

Well mine was Sailor Moon. Kinda cheesy. Sorry Sailor V.
    [​IMG]

2. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

*chuckles* Let's see....my family is located in New Hampshire, and I bounce between there and Utah where I go to school. The life of a college student is a joyous thing....sometimes.

Anyway, I watched Mysterious Cities of Gold when I was a little kid in New Hampshire.

~Shadrach Anki

3. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Well I disagree that most anime is aimed at kids, and I also disagree that CCS is aimed at kids. Your wrong. I suppose my favourite would be Medabots. It's not too bad at all. Yu-Gi-Oh! is pretty good too, but I don't think it's actualy a kids anime in japan.

4. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

Since this thread seems to be based largely on opinion, I don't see how anybody could really be wrong. However, here are some things to consider....

- My definition of "kid" is anybody who is under the age of 14 or maybe 15. This does open up a lot more than, say, the 11 and under crowd. Even if you're going by the 11 and under crowd, you've still got a lot of material to work with.

- Yuu Watase (creator of Fushigi Yuugi, Ayashi no Ceres) says that "In Japan, anime is still for kids." Fushigi Yuugi is for kids.

- The Studio Pierrot website says that Tokyo Underground is aimed at people of all ages -- I doubt anything in Yu-gi-oh! or CCS is worse than that.

- There was a seven-year-old Hakkai cosplayer at the Saiyuki Memorial event.

- Nobuhiro Watsuki (creator of Rurouni Kenshin) gave the reason why so many characters don't change outfits--it's because kids reading the manga will think that it's a new character, not the same character in a different outfit. This means that Kenshin is, in fact, a kid's manga.

- Yu-gi-oh! has the "Shining Friendship" card. I'm sorry, but that's just too sappy to not be targeted at kids.

Now, even though most anime is for kids, there are exceptions (Cowboy Bebop being one of them), and there are adults that watch it. Still, most anime is targeted at kids.

~Shadrach Anki

5. Hikaru

Hikaru New Member

Heh...kinda late replying that thing about Mysterious Cities of Gold...

I wasn't even born then!! :rolleyes: I guess that's why I don't know about it.

6. Musashi

Musashi New Member

Well......<hangs head> I watch....Yu-Gi-Oh, Samurai Pizza Cats (best ever), Speed Racer (also kewl), and some and I MEAN SOME.......digimon......:blush2:

7. ianslove

ianslove New Member

digimon rocks!!!!

& now that i've gotten that out of the way, i'd have to say that i was addicted to yu-gi-oh! (me & this 8-yr. old kid were talking about it at my job) til kidsWB started showing reruns too much...liked monster rancher...& mon colle knights.

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

YES!!! Let digimon fans rise!!! :D *Listens to Butterfly, the japanese s1 opener* OH YEAH!!! :sweat2:

Well, Shadowbard, in the view of character's clothing...almost ALL anime and cartoons are aimed at "kids". Nobody that had a recurring role in Aeon Flux...which is to say...Aeon Flux...had a costume change. Cowboy Bebop had costume changes, but they always wore the same thing at some point in every episode. CCS is also therefor not kiddy anime since Sakura and the older guys always have different clothes. Kaoru actually has quite a few sets of clothes...but, Kenshin and the rest don't. FLCL can also be considered "kiddy" since only Naota's headgear pretty much changes. Well, Canchi too, he gets new robes every couple episodes. And Dirty Pair is DEFINITELY not kiddy. Hikaru no Go is MOST DEFINITELY kiddy...I love it, but it's kiddy...and Hikaru changes almost every freakin' chapter in the manga!. Hehehe, sorry, I'm just having fun with Watsuki's little blurb in your post. My reasoning for lack of costume changing? Ink costs money, and designing costumes takes time...so keep it the same and save yourself at least ONE headache.

Besides, no matter the age bracket 11-under or 15-under, you're going to have anime that is mostly directed towards them. It almost has to be, since that is a cartoon's target audience. Just because it's "anime" and it has a wierd rep in the states for only showing scantily-clad women...doesn't mean that the japanese ratings people don't see that it's mostly kids that watch cartoons. Well, I'm neutral on the subject as to which is what the majority opinion is...I'm still saying that I was watching Digimon before, and come hale or high water...if season one and two come on again...I'll be there with the laptop in front of me. What? I consider myself a kid...and ENOUGH people say I'm immature to act this way. =P

9. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Shawbard, just because something is for kids doesn't mean it's exclusively for kids.This thread is called Favourite kid anime. I kind of took that to mean one aimed solely at kids. Like Medabots, Pokemon or Digimon. Apparently Yu-Gi-Oh was butchered in the english version(think eva/ccs). Also, Samurai 'n **** don't actualy change their clothes much. And just because the author is trying to make something accesible to kids doesn't mean he's selling his soul to them. Most anime is not targetted at kids only, but there are exceptions.