Square Enix FF: Crystal Chronicles~

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stardust Phox, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

And the GameCube owners rejoiced, because they'd be able to play something Final Fantasy!

It's been out for a while now, I know, but still -- who owns, who loves, who hates, who wants to own, who thinks it's about friggin' time Nintendo users get an FF game?

I own, I love, and I think it's about friggin' time! ^_^

But before discussion starts, I really need to say this... I am sick and tired of hearing that Crystal Chronicles "isn't a Final Fantasy game because this and that" -- it is. I'm sure if it wasn't, it wouldn't say Final Fantasy in the title. So the gameplay is different. So what? Different can be good sometimes. For me, it was different from Legend of Zelda gameplay in that the characters don't just swing their weapons at the same pace you press the buttons at, you can't save whenever you feel like it, and, no matter how much you may want to, you can't just check your inventory or take a drink of milk when you're getting smacked around (and I would know, because I've tried... and died because I can't get to food items XD).

...yeeah. I have some issues. ^^; But I still say FF:CC is really, really cool. (And kind of sad... but don't spoil it for me, I still haven't beaten it!) I love the stories and the music and the... *shuts up so others can talk*

2. mangamonkey

mangamonkey New Member

i'm one of those people who think it isn't a "real" FF sorry

I don't have a problem with the game but it seems like square enix have started to atttach the final fantasy sticker on any game they cant sell otherwise, (let's face it the GBA link gimmick wouldnt work without the FF logo on the case)

saying that, it seems like a really good game, i've only played it twice but i found it a damn good game despite my grievance with the naming

overall good game, not the best reason to buy a GC though (unless you like party games)

3. Dante

Dante New Member

I just recently got this along with my new purchase of a GameCube (merely because the store lacked the new Tales of... game, which pissed me off. >: )

I was skeptical at the game of first, but now that I played it, even for only about half an hour, and I truly love this game... probably the second best FF game I've played in my opinion (FFT still tops). Action-Adventure RPGs, as stingy people call them, are much more fun instead of ATB games and the such, turn-by-turn, and the likes because there's so much more to it. You actually have to move to the guy and attack, charge to use Focus attacks and Magic. Truly a great thing that's happened to Final Fantasy.

Aa-a-a-a-a-a-anyways... yup, surely enjoying this game already. :p