Square Enix FF X-2 help

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kamui, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

I need some help on FFx-2, i am at chapter two and trying to get the Alchemist dressphere.

How should i go about killing the Queen Courels that are in there?

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

The Charm Bangle! ^___^

Personally, I used 3 physical dress spheres to take care of them (because might makes right, in the game). 3 warriors. ^___^ Or even a gunner, to support hasted warriors with a lengthy chain combo (because damage racks up higher in combos...).

Personally though...I just didn't fight. Charm Bangle was my friend.

3. Kamui

Wait.... what is a charm bangle and how do you get?

4. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Heh...well...:sweat2: I don't know HOW it got into my inventory. I was just browsing through it, and I see that I had it...and I used it.

It works like the Moogle Charm from FFVI. No random encounters. There's also the Lure Bracelet, which does the opposite and gives you MORE encounters.

5. Kamui

But, how does that help with the problem of clearing the monster arena?? Becuase im sure you know you have to get in a fight or.... 6 to be able to clear it up.

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

oooooooooops, wrong one. Heh...sorry...I was thinking about Yojimbo's cave when you mentioned Queen Coerl's.

Anyway, the monster arena is a little different. Like I said, I just used 3 more physical types of dress spheres. Hi-Potions came in handy...or sphere changing into a white mage. As far as what exactly I used...I wouldn't EXACTLY know...but it's safe to presume I used something (accessories and garment grids) that enhanced my strength and defense.

7. Kamui

Well, ill probably try the following route.

I got a cool accessory from the Hypello in Macalania that jacks up my magic so ill proabbly get someone in Black Mage and bring the pain with them.

While with someone, GunMage up the rock dude that acompanies it.

And then, use Excalibor on the Queen C. while im magin it up.

The only problem now is gettin my bro off the PS2. :anger2:

8. Moogle

Moogle New Member

My fav is Yuna!!

"What can i do for you?!
    " I cant hear you"

9. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

"I don't like your plan. It sucks."

Well, I have to say, if you're having trouble on Queen Coerls....I mean sure, they're hard and all...just use Berserker, if you have it(I don't think you get it by then...) or Level 3 Black Magic.

10. Fushigi Rockna

The Queen Coerls? Sinchy :p

first, make sure you have paine's full throtle dress sphere (you could get that in Chapter 1 from Tromell in macalania if you talk to him four times). make sure she is equipped with Unerring path garment grid because that makes everything easier. Use Aestus or Whelmen on the Queen Coerl and Venom Wing so she's poisoned. (she's not immune to that! ^^) Make sure you made paine change into Full Thortle AFTER the QC used death Blast for the first time on another character because if you don't, once you're in full Thortle, the death blast will be directed and paine and you won't get to attack the QC PERIOD. (which is very stupid and useless). Eventually Paine will die, but at least you would've done a significant amount of damage. When she's dead, have some revive her (and the character that died before) and finish off the QC. Make sure to revive EVERYONE that dies from death blast. Once she's gone destroy the other fiend with ease.

OR....

You can buy three pairs of Angel Earrings from the shop in Guadosalem 9they protect the character against death) but they're 5000 gil each, money you could be spending on O'aka to pay off his debt or to buy credits from whatever company you're promoting in the calm lands. Having at leats one pair of Angel Earrings is good though cause it means you'll at least have one character the QC can't kill. (I didn't use Angel Earrings at all tbh, cause I didn't have the gil to buy any).

Yeah this a pretty long stategy, but that's how I beat them. You don't need to use Full Throttle, you can use Machina Maw, or Floral Fallal instead, but I used Full Throttle.

Btw Izzy, i know how you got the Charm bangle. :p You probably stole it from Baralai.