Square Enix Final Fantasy 10

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Suzu, Aug 11, 2001.

1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

[​IMG] Who here thinks ff 10 is the most greatest RPG on PS2?

I do!!! I will get this game and that is a promise for myself!!!!

2. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

Ive seen some of pics and i fell in love with the scenery......the graphic designs are realistic and the characters look real and also cute [​IMG]
    I just want to know about the plot soi could judge about the game...but this game looks promising and it may be the best game ever been produced [​IMG]

3. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I wish I could get a PS2...need money first [​IMG]
    Final Fantasy 10 looks awesome! From what I've seen from the screenshots, the game probably has the best graphics of any game I've seen so far!

I love how there is going to be voices in the game, it'd be cool to see some voice actors I know of, like Megumi Hayashibara and Koyasu Takehito. Does anyone have a Seiyuu to the game by any chance?
    I just hope the game gives you the choice of Japanese w. English subtitled, or English dubbed like The Bouncer gives you...

I also like how the characters in Final Fantasy 10 look Japanese.

P.S. This forum I guess can be for discussion about video game rpg's. Although just try not to interupt Role Playing Games going on unless you're in them. Thanks...

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Actually, FFX may be my only reason now to get a PS2.

and yes, I was interested in the fact that the main characters, especially Titus, look Asian.

5. FireDragon_16

FireDragon_16 A Sionbosys Unit

cool playstation 2, do you all know the x-BOX
    that is more cooler than ps2 [​IMG] i am not kidding!!! its more livelike than in ps2, cool huh?

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I'm dying here...

almost had me a heart-attack...

7. FireDragon_16

FireDragon_16 A Sionbosys Unit

You are dying huh????

well , you didn't dy [​IMG] , when are you going to dy again???? D

8. Heero Yui

Heero Yui New Member

I havent played FF10
    But i still have to stay FF7 is better [​IMG]

9. BitzKrieg

BitzKrieg New Member

ahh well it may look impressive but does anyone know wha it has to offer???

-Sure if i can buy a version where its like a movie (for a cheaper price) i'd luv it, but wha i want to know should i waste 300 quid for a console where the games are all flash no gameplay ?? ahh well

10. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Don't worry.. FF 10 is not like the bouncer at all.. IT's not all movie you know... It's just like the usual ff games but diffrent... the graphics are improved... I hope that the story lines is strong...

Did any one hear about a mini game in ff 10 called blitz ball.. I've heard it's an online game in ff10...

((((Does anyone know how many discs ff 10 has?)))

let make a descision, by researching and finding answers to these questions.

How to determine ff 10 is a good title:

(((How many discs make up the game?)))

*More than 4 discs Expect the best!!!A lot of events to see and experience...
    *Between 3 and 4 discs average...
    *If ff 10 is less than 3 discs expect that the game is like the bouncer.
    *one disc well this is a game that is more of a movie... get a video cd of the game ^^;

(((Do you know any japenese gamers who already played the game?)))
    *We will judge their comments

I'll post some pic, info, etc...

11. BitzKrieg

BitzKrieg New Member

u startin on me sub???

-on ff10 note final fantasy games are on of those rare games where u buy them for their storyline aswell as their gameplay. Some may play the same but they do got rich and beutiful storylines. But I'm a more rugid player i need more...I need ff10 to really suck me in and spit me out in another world. [​IMG] [​IMG]. So heres praying to do the impossbile

12. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I think Final Fantasy 10 will be great. [​IMG]

Although did Squaresoft take the idea of blitzball from A Seperate Peace or something?
    I bet FF10 will be 4 DVD's...it's gotta be atleast 50 or more hours of gameplay and look at the stunning and great graphics it has. Plus there's voice in the game too...

Sayonara, be back lata

13. Musashi

Musashi New Member

I am amazed at how well the FF10 game has made itself, i currently own a rom of the game on my comp and ladies and gentlemen when it comes out prepare to be amazed!!!!

14. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Well, actually, I'm pretty ****ed off at squaresoft from what I've heard of FFX, It's supposedly set in the same sort of thing as the movie. Well, maybe they are just rumors, but I Was only buying PS2 because of FFX, but now I'm not so sure. All the other FF's ruled. Is it set in the same sort of thing as the movie? I want to know, it could be the reason why I do or don't buy it. the movie sucked, the only reason Squaresoft did it was to prove a game company could make a movie.

------------------
    Meaikoh T.

15. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Here's a preview from RPG FAN:
    Woojin Lee FFX REview

Important Part of the REview

The battle system
    "Even Over Drive attacks are a lot more customizable than before. The Over Drive attacks in FFX work very similar in fashion to Limit Breaks from FFVII. Normally, each character will be able to perform his or her Over Drive attack once they sustain a certain level of damage and fill up their battle bar. However, the game allows you to change what exactly fills up the battle bar as you fight more battles. Instead of the bar increasing when they sustain damage, you can alter it to fill up whenever your characters deal damage, or when they defeat an enemy, or even when they heal their allies. With up to 8 choices per character, you can decide how each character will fill up their battle bar with ease to best support their battle style.

The summons spells in FFX function differently as well. Your Summoner can summon a various number of creatures but instead of them leaving the map after doing one attack, they function just like any other character. The special attacks that people are used to seeing from old favorites like Shiva's Diamond Dust and Bahamut's Mega Flare appear as...you guessed it, their Over Drive attacks. For those who wish to teach their summoned creatures magic, you can do so by a special command, which will allow summon creatures to learn skills and magic as long as you have items to 'pay' for it.

While summoning creatures no longer eat up MP to cast, each summoned creature can be killed, which then means that you have to wait a certain number of battles before they'll recover enough to summon them again. While this act of free summoning may make people feel that the Summoner will be able to overpower any enemy monster in the game, this isn't the case. Not only do the summoned monsters do comparable damage to their human counterparts aside from their Over Drive attack, they're much slower, which means that you'll get attacked 2-3 times for each time you attack.

The regular battles should be familiar to anyone who's played a FF game before. However, they finally decided to kill the active time battles, where you could be attacked while deciding what to do when it's your character's turn. Instead they went back to using the 'active-wait' system found in older FF games, where time stops until you have made your decision, which I'm personally thankful for. Also, the number of characters in your party has been reduced to three, with free swapping of characters during the battle, although 'fallen' characters cannot be switched out.

This free swapping is a godsend and an enigma at the same time. While it's good that you can switch characters in and out at any time and not be penalized for it, the level up system has been changed so that ONLY the characters which have participated in battle in someway gain in ability points, which causes some problems. For example, unless you decide to have your healer specialize in other things as well, you'll probably keep her outside battles, saving her healing spells until the battle is over. But you can't do this or your healer will stay weak forever. So what you're forced to do is to keep switching characters in and out so that all the characters in your party participate in the battle in some form...which makes the battles drag on a bit longer than I've preferred. However, the game's difficulty level has been raised to the point where it's nigh impossible to make an invincible party of three take on everyone so it really can't be helped.

In addition to these changes comes MUCH more scripted battles. Almost all of the boss battles and even some regular battles are scripted in some way, which means more interactivity for us. This ranges from special battle commands that can only be used during that battle, to making use of items in your surroundings (like in Anachronox), to even talking to the enemy during battle. All these things help make the battles more interesting and fun overall.

"
    Comment: I'm beginning to like the battle system before I even play the game ^o^!!!

16. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

SHOCK!
    Skuld has been hit my final fantasy's dangerous SHOCKWAVE ATTACK!

That Guy, do you really want to know how many CD's in FFX, read this

"Two DVDs or one DVD, just one DVD, and now two DVDs with only one of the DVDs containing actual game related material. Whew! Final Fantasy X has settled down on just one package that will be picked up by many of the series' big time fans here in Japan on July 19th: a special package containing a game disk and a special DVD."
    complete overview
    X___X well then I have to say that my disk rating system has failed me... hehe

17. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

JAPAN'S RATINGS OF THE GAME!

"The biggest PS2 game yet has been put through the test by Japan's leading gaming magazines: Famitsu, The Play Station and Famitsu PS2. All gave the game incredible marks. Famitsu awarded the title with three 10s and a 9, with Famitsu PS2 echoing those numbers. The Play Station has only three reviewers, and two chose to give the game a ten while one gave it a 9.

As for the actual comments made by the reviewers, some chose to mention the graphics, others stated that the story was masterful, while still others said the movies were gorgeous. Sounds like a whole lotta good stuff, and we'll get to play it for ourselves in just under a week."

what do you think off all the infromation I posted?
    any imppression of what FFX will be??a great hit or a downer?

18. Digital Tilmitt

Digital Tilmitt New Member

Since DVD's can hold a lot more then CD's I'd say there will be 2 or 3 disks.

------------------
    The Clow.

19. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

DVD's are pretty huge, I mean, look at Summoner. That game would be at least three or four disks on CD, what with all the audio and the like. But, only one DVD.
    DVD's ... THE WAVE OF THE FUTURE IS HERE AT LAST!!!

------------------
    SUPER NOVA GOES POP!

20. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

i agree... such a huge jump.. it seems just yesterday we were playing in 2D... *looks at ff4 and then ff10*