Square Enix Final Fantasy: The Spirts Within

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by StarCrossed, Dec 6, 2004.

1. StarCrossed

StarCrossed New Member

So all enjoyed this final fantasy movie that seemed to have nothing to do with the game...just like Resident Evil!

2. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Heh. I thought you should know by now... Final Fantasy: The spirits within was the greatest failure in the movie world. Usually movies based on videogames happen to be this way: Tomb Raider, Street Fighter, Mario Bros...

3. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

One simple word for this movie....sucked ! The simple fact that it wasn't even Final Fantasy related sucked. Second, the action sucked. Third, the plot sucked. Fourth, the voice acting was what i call icky!
    Please close this thread or something. This movie was out a long time ago.
    Why not just post a review on The Mask!?
    Ps: I liked The Mast. Just using it as an example of an old movie!

KaiyonTormentor

4. Aya-Kun_Is_Mine

Aya-Kun_Is_Mine New Member

I didn't totaly hate the movie but i don't think its the best thing ever made.

its hard to say its not releated to final fantasy just because it wasn't based off one of the games, i guess there was elements of final fantasy in there kinda lol

Most movies that are based off games never work out anyway. But i can't say there not totaly got there elements of the game. i think if they made a movie totaly direct off the game i don't think it would be very good, but that just my opioin. I think the worst one i think and ever will see if the street fighter movie that was just plain and utter crap.

You should try and watch final fantasy legend of the crystals instead not so much a movie more and ova but its really good

5. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

To be fair, for a sci-fi it was ok. For an FF movie, it was unbearble... A waste of time, effort and money. The only trace of it being FF related was the sole person named 'Cid'. Anyhow, the only true compliment I can give is it's superb CG as expected of Square.

All eyes are on FFVII: Advent Children and this time I will be remorsely disappointed if it does not live up to the standards set by the game. However the trailers have so far exceeded expectations.

- Shen

6. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I don't see how a RPG would be directly translated into a movie. Thus, I wasn't surprised that elements and settings were different. As a fact, I thought it was a decent movie, and it made sense. I saw Final Fantasy heading towards a more complete "future" setting soon.

And the "Crystal" was a FF reference wasn't it? Anyway, I thought it wasn't HALF bad. Not GOOD, but not deserving of so much hate. =P

7. pardal

pardal Crimson Moon

maybe the new one is better!!!

i didn't understand why they didn't make a movie related to the game but they thought it would work!!!!
    the only thing i liked on the film was the graphics, they were final fantasy alike but they could be better.
    i think theres a new final fantasy movie coming out related to ffVII, maybe this one is better, at lest it as the story related to the game!!

8. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

My little brother so wanted to go and see this movie, and being the bigger brother i was the one who was forced to go. The only thing that i was interested in was the CG in the movie but that was it and i didn't have high hopes for anything else in it. Ireally just didn't like it, even for a the sci-fi part. By the end of the movie i almost smashed my own knee-caps in trying to to figure out why the hell they didn't work and walk out after half an hour :p.

9. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

If you ignore the Final Fantasy lisence it isn't that bad.

10. StarCrossed

StarCrossed New Member

ok i know it came out along time ago but still upset that it had nothing to do with game and kind of bored me closer to my death...

11. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

Heh...I saw that movie when I was little. I don't remember much about it. I DO remember that I liked it, though I was not happy with the ending. I didn't really get it. I liked the animation, though I don't think it really lived up to the Final Fantasy tops. (Likes the x&x-2 style or look better).

12. Aya-Kun_Is_Mine

Aya-Kun_Is_Mine New Member

i agree with wat you said i can't see a direct port from game to movie working either. I think if this was released as a game instead of a movie ppl would have liked it. You have to think further than just the games. I was always going to be different ~hmm hope that made sence lol~

And ya the crystals had a reference to hmm i think it was 5, and advent being 7 ~AC looks really good thought not say FFTSW wasn't~

13. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Tehcnically, the "crystal" in FF: Spirits was the linking point between nearly all the early Final Fantasies.

Earlier in their inception, all of the Final Fantasy games had crystals in which were held in high regard. This was sort of implied in Spirits, if I remember correctly, and thus held the same importance in the movie as they were in the older games.

As far as Advent Children, I'd be willing to bet it would be a GREAT movie for a lot of people if only for the fact that it's linked to FF7. Not saying it doesn't look good and all...but, the fact that it has "FF7" written on it, automatically makes it held in high regard. Again, not saying that it DOESN'T look great, though...