Square Enix Final Fantasy Unlimited!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by KaMeKaZi, Apr 17, 2002.

1. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

I know this has been posted somewhere but cant find the original post on the subjects..

Anyway I just found someone who has FFU online so i d/l the first few eps to take a loko and see if its any good....

Well most of the art is realy good for background but the monsters and a few of the characters are lacking in coolness... I thought the first ep was somewhat interesting but not sure how it will turn out...

If you get a chance to see it take a look.. not to to bad yet!

KaMe

2. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

o_O! may I have the link pretty please.

I've d/l and seen the first episode. I kinda liked the dark-guy "like the wind"
    The kids are cute and so is the chocobo! As for,.. if I remember her name correctly , "Lisa?" I don't quite like her...
    The art is acceptable...

The muchroom monster is ... ... PATHETIC! where are the dragons and mystics? hmm... I wonder if there are moogles in the series... Phoenix looks erm.. scary... I like the FF7,8,9 type phoenix....

THe fight at the beginning was much cooler and the 3D effects where awesome... still I'm hoping and looking forward to see:

-Moogles
    -Malbro (that stingkiny creature with bad breath)
    -Bahamut
    -Behemoth
    -any black mages
    - Cure, ultima, fire magic

I get really picky about FF...hehe :sweat:

3. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

well if you want to d/l them off regular internet i cant help you there.. I got the Eps of a Server in My chan On IRC!.. ive not had time to watch the next fews eps just yet.. but ill get time next week.

KaMe

4. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Well ive just watched eps 2 and 3.. and well ive dicided that the only cool part of this anime is.. the summon creatures with the demon gun and the chocobo that now travles with the kids..

other then that this anime is more or less pointless and is not keeping my interest all that well..

But so far we have seen Phonix, typhon he was gay and Shiva (she could have been better)

And the fact that the demon gun takes about 2 to 3 mins of each show is geting realy boring..

But one thing i found interesting is that the lil girl sounds like Merl From Escaflowne Japanese Voice!

Anyway I gonna say this anime is not realy worth the fanal fantasy name!

kame

5. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

News from Square!

This was fown at www.ffonline.com

Recently, Squaresoft held a meeting for its investors to discuss the company’s plans for its future and the future of its series. From what we’ve learned, it looks like Square has some interesting, but not entirely radical things planned for the upcoming year.

First, don’t expect to see any more FF:Unlimited, or movies, or anything else. Square has announced they will not be focusing any of their funds outside of the video game realm for quite a while. They seem to have big plans for their video games, though, talking about re-releasing several of their older hit games, such as Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve, the FFT release already scheduled for the GBA, and the Seiken Densetsu series. Whether the games will be released with revised graphics or simply released again in their original form, we can only speculate.

However, even with all the remakes, Square has announced the only major projects that they will be working on will be Final Fantasy projects. They have also announced something unheard of until this point: semi-sequels. Square seems to be planning to release “spin-offs” of upcoming Final Fantasy games that may focus on one or more characters from those games. While the name “Final Fantasy XII” was thrown around a bit, apparently, we still have no new details about what to expect from Square’s next offline Final Fantasy game.

In other incidental news, those of you who are looking forward to Final Fantasy XI might want to check out the “Vana’diel Tribune” on PlayOnline, Square’s online newspaper dedicated to their MMORPG. The paper will apparently report on the goings on of Vana’diel, and will also contain other feature columns and sections.

6. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I think it'll be for the best that they focus their funds on games. I'm waiting for pal releases of PE 1, the Chronos, and Xenogears.

7. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I say this anime is getting quite interesting.. so the Demon Gunman Kaze, seems to be able to Summon with the use of his demon gun. so far it has been Shiva and Bismark, yes Bismark seemed to be a water type whale. Well, hopefully I'll have time to watch mroe soon.
    I think the chocobo, Chobi, is the coolest.

Anyways, I heard a rumor befor ethat there was going to be a spin off of FFVIII about Seifer. but nothing happened ...:bleed:

8. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

The idea of the summoning gun is not so bad, it's how the summons look.

That was a FFonline April fools. :) I Think...

9. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

well twice now ive heared rummors about the Remake of FF VI.. its supose to come out on the game cube if it comes out at all.. it was the SNES greatist hit!

But to bad sqaure did not contract out a good company to do the anime of FF and have the actual FF story guys creat the story line..

KaME

10. DrunkLeprachaun

Kame, the only remakes of VI I heard of were the ones on the playstation(released as Chronology in the US{& Canada} I believe), and the forthcoming GBA releases. I haven't heard these rumours before, and I don't believe them. Just like that rumour(actualy an Apil Fool) about FFVII being remade on the GBA. Ain't gonna happen, can't be done.

11. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Here is the Rumor I read..

Final Fantasy Tactics has been confirmed and is scheduled to be released sometime before the end of this year. It’s unknown if there will be any differences between the Playstation and GBA versions. But given the processing prowess of the GBA, it should make for a worthy port. Other games have not been announced at this time although it is entirely possible that we will see remakes of classics such as FFIV, V, and VI.I would expect to see some graphical enhancements just like the Wonderswan remake of the first Final Fantasy. There’s even a rumour going around that there will be a game based on the Final Fantasy Unlimited anime series.

Like i said Rumor.. I never said i believe them! thats why there all called rummors!

KaMe

12. DrunkLeprachaun

'Tis true. FFT is coming out for the GBA, but it is scaled down a bit. I'm also pretty sure(90%) the IV-VI are also being ported.