Final Fantasy X Early Release

Discussion in 'News' started by BakaMattSu, Nov 29, 2001.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

In recent days, rumors have been circulating that Final Fantasy X might be released in North America earlier than its original January 2002 date. Today it has been confirmed that Square Electronic Arts will ship a limited quantity of the game for retail in stores nationwide on December 26 of this year. Final Fantasy X, Square's first next-generation RPG, was released in Japan last July to much fanfare, selling through 90 percent of the 2.14 million units it shipped in the first four days. It is the first PlayStation 2 title to reach the 2 million-unit mark.

Square will hold a one-day promotional event on December 15 at the Sony Metreon complex's PlayStation store, located at 4th and Mission streets in San Francisco. Those who attend can play a demo of Final Fantasy X before its national release. Also, prize packages will be awarded, and attendees will receive a free promotional item. A similar event was held at the Metreon for Final Fantasy IX, in the wake of its North American release last year.

Final Fantasy X will be released on DVD format and carries a suggested retail price of $50. The game is rated "T" (Teen). More about the game can be found at Square's PlayOnline address, and a special "Behind the Game" section featuring development team and voice actor interviews will debut next month.

Source: RPGamer

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

hehehe so 75$ Canadian? I wish I could go to San Francisco for that..sigh.

3. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

So basically, after Squaresoft finally proves itself to me as actually appreciating all of its fans, they go and undo all of that by only letting the San Francisco residents have any fun.
    As for December 26, what's the deal? North America's major shopping holiday, and they completely ignore it! That's just stupid, yo.

------------------
    I am not a crook. I've earned everything I've got!

4. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

No playstation 2 at meh house yet...I wanna play all the best RPGs for ps1 first! but wai! I wanna play all these games for 2, 2!
    I'm not gonna get X-Box or Gamecube. Even tho Squaresoft might not stay loyal to me, I will stay loyal to Sony.

------------------
    I know that you know that I know that you know that I know you know, but do you know?

5. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Doesn't Squaresoft have a contract with Sony? Losing their support would really hurt the PS2, but all you Microsoft geeks, don't get your hopes up. Sony shall never die (unlike those scum at Sega [​IMG])!

------------------
    SOMEBODY'S GOTTA FEEL THIS!

6. IDAVE

IDAVE New Member

YES GentatsuNoZanshi cc61 in fact Sony owns a piece of squaresoft! So anyone hoping for a gamecube chronotrigger game or an X box Final Fantasy X is just plain gay!

~IDAVEME~ remembers the rumours of chrono trigger 2 coming to N64. And GAGS!

7. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Anyone here play the demo of Final Fantasy 10? I did, and it was awesome...

I didn't expect heavy metal rock to suddenly come on though. And I like how you summon, you fight with your summons as if they were members of your team... They even have limit breaks!!

I thought the demo graphics were great, and the demo was a beta that was over 4 months old... I can't wait to see the real game when it comes out!

8. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Ouch! My heart, I can't take it any longer... I gonna cry ;___________;

WAIIIII!!!! I WANNA FF10 NOW!!!
    Woe is me... I have to wait till bloody march for it to be released at Europe! Woe is me... oh sorrow!

I want to play the demo! [​IMG] That guy! your sooo lucky!

Hey guys, if we all get a PS2 and FFX, lets play Biltz ball together hehe [​IMG]... All Otakus VS Otakus... Hehe I'll practice and try to beat ya all muehehhe.... who cares to challage a novice FFX gamer? Most of you guys will be ahead of me at the time the game is released in europe. anyways >:3

A FFX related question: anyone was able to get those FF10 coca cola figures. I heard that there was a high demand on those free promotions that they started selling them like $100 US or something. I wonder if this happens when there is a limmited supply in ff10 [​IMG]...
    Oi, who said I'm a fan of Microsoft's X box or game cube. I'm a proud fan of Sony and will stay loyal for sony... I can't forget those wonderful days with PSX [​IMG] Square will always be my favorite game producer. As long as you guys support square and PS2, there will be a bright future for both companies.

"Classical gamers are the best, they search for the core not the shell!"

[This message has been edited by Skuld (edited 12-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Skuld (edited 12-04-2001).]

9. IDAVE

IDAVE New Member