Oh! My Goddess First Episode: Your expressions on it!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Teddz, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Well, as the boards.jps biggets Aa! Megami-sama freak, I have to say, I am rather pleased with the first episode.

It didn't go as quite as the manga did, but heck, it's the first episode. I love the art. Belldandy and co have really adapted the art from the movie, not to mention the music is just "goddess-like".

I say I am pleased, watching yggdrasil in it's "fullest" form in the rather nice CG, and not to mention the rather "deep" words.

I am pleased. I had tears in my eyes of joy after this anime. I can die as a happy man.

- Teddz

2. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Hah! BLAST YOU, dammit. Where'd you get your hands on the first episiode? ;~; Must watch... It looks like this one will be a winner from what I've seen.

3. Teddz

Well, the first episode is on animesuki.com right now. Remember the OAV is licensed, so is the Movie, but the TV show isn't :)

- Teddz

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Watched it last night and it was a good start. I like how they kept manga references such as the Unlucky Star. It might take me a bit to get used to the new look but I must say Belldandy is gorgeous with her new design.

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

On pins and needles to see how things progress from here. I am glad things have begun from the beginning again (rather than picking up where the previous short series ended), and it should be set up for a long run.

I have positive and negative feelings on what I've seen, but I'd like to see a few more episodes before I make any real comments.

6. YokoburiKinura

For the most part I liked it. I especially liked the look of the girl Keiichi was after but I guess that's a different story :p (as a character I don't like her much tho). Anyway, showing Keiichi's life before Belldandy showed up gave me a better feel for the character, so I liked that. It's off to a good start.

7. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

I haven't done much in the way of discovering Aa! Megami-Sama until now, and I have to say that this first episode really impressed me! It was really fantastic! I already love Keiichi's character, and I like the music too, though the sound quality wasn't what it could have been on the Solar sub that I have. I'm definitely, definitely going to keep following it.

8. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

OMG! Now i have to follow the series till the end. I love the characters! Hehe....that is all! *akward silence*

-KaiyonTormentor

9. Teddz

Second episode!

I am pleased with the progress of the anime. As the boards.jp fanboy of Aa! Megami-sama, I say this is good, or turning into something good. It's following the lines of the manga, and man, I can't wait untill the sisters come into the show.

I've said it before, I can die a happy man.

- Teddz

Remember, if you have any question regarding to the show, just post here or PM me.

10. Tai

Tai New Member

To be honest I didn't like it that much. I'm sure once Skuld gets in it it will be fantastic but I thought it was boring. The animationwas really awesome though ^__^

11. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Likewise, I haven't done much in the way of discovering Aa! Megami-sama! until now. I've seen the first two episodes and I really love the series. I'm also watching the Solar Subs, and I'm not too impressed with the quality. I think I'll switch to AonE and redownload the first two episodes. (Subber uniformity is an obsession of mine. Hee. ^^;) Lastly, the opening theme is quite something! I really really love it. It's unusual, but in a good way.

12. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Warning Long Boring Detailed post ;)

I managed to get my acts together and d/l the first episode! :)
    Here goes:

Opening song/scenes
    My god! Wow. Open you mind indeed! The music is beautiful! The animation, the wings wow! I loved it! The way Beldandy decended into Keiichi's arms was so .... serene... Urd and Skuld look much cuter than in the OVA.

The episode... Compared to the OVA, has a little more details. However the scene where belldandy comes out of the mirror and when they throw them out of the dormatory could have been better. However it's nice, I wish I haven't seen the OVA...

Ending Sequence... Cute ^__^ Aah! what a wonderful episode!

13. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

It was wonderful. I liked the music and the character designs, which are awesome. Compared to the OVA I think that they're saying too much.

So far I've watched only two episodes.