Board and Card Games First Topic. What Card Games Do You Play Now?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wing_goddess, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

TCG's:

Magic: The Gathering.

Other:
    Gin, Five Card Draw, Texas Hold 'Em, Seven Card Stud, Whist, Solataire, and Baseball.
    My parents play -everything-.

2. Seishin

Seishin Guest

I retired out of playing Yu-Gi-Oh! for a while. It's a preety good card game that requires strategy, but hey, I live in orlando. Not many good tournaments can happen here.

3. Taran_Wanderer

Taran_Wanderer New Member

Wow! Someone else who plays this game! Awsome!

Have you tried the new Wars TCG? The rules are just like Star Wars, only a bit more streamlined. If you ever get a deck we could try what they are doing with Magic. I don't think there are any online versions of this game. Ah well. Long live Star Wars CCG!

4. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I play YU-Gi-Oh, my deck is an almost exact replica of yugi's deck, wiht a couple changes, i.e. instead of the ritual form i have the other dark magician of chaos, and im undefeated to this day, so just because you've seen the cards used in his strategies doesnt mean i use the same ones. And i sympathize with seishin, we dont have many places to hold tournaments and those places usually have more magic people than ygo people, maybe cause its getting more popular, i dont know. im thinking about, just for fun, maybe building a deck for magic. i've played it a couple times and the rules are very different from what im used to, but im willing to give it a shot. i also buld other ygo decks for fun, if im bored, and they're pretty good as well.

5. Saikira

Saikira New Member

I currently play Yu-Gi-Oh, and I'm learning Magic: The Gathering. ^^ Right now, I have a friend who's designing a deck for me.

6. seto/joey rlz!

seto/joey rlz! New Member

I play YGO. I tried to teach it to my dad but in the end he was like this- :confused:
    I wanna learn how to play Magic and the Shaman King TCG. :D

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

You know, a while back, when Portal was new, I tried to teach my grandma how to play.

Anyway, if you want to learn Magic, you've come to the right place. I, along with Valant Rapitor, are the resident MtG addicts. :p Go ahead and ask whatever questions you have, no matter how dumb they may seem, and I'll be glad to answer them. (But, please, not in this thread, okay?) :p

8. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

...o.o' Wow. Here I hear of these card games, when all I've ever played would be Solitaire. *wanders to the old-fashioned world centuries back*

9. Orion

Orion Gears

Yu-Gi-Oh, but I have almost given up on it completley. Play a bit 'o' Magic, but that's basically it.

10. ABSOLUTE AZN

ABSOLUTE AZN New Member

I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh, but then It started to get pretty freakin' boring...
    so then instead of wasting 300$$$ on cards, I went and bought myself the .Hack//sign special edition DVD box set. [ wise choice on my part ]

11. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

Ah i play magic. A lot.

I have two main decks --

Pyromancy (red)
    The Great Wall (White)

I used to have a sweet red/white suicide/life gain but i lost it a long long time ago. :(

12. marlefan

marlefan New Member

Card games galore!

I really like card games! Yu-Gi-Oh! and Pokémon are the card games that I play the most. I have over 300 Pokémon cards, and I have at least three decks. I have three Yu-GI-Oh! decks. I also like to play Magic, it's cool, I have two decks and both of my decks are balanced (this means that I have every color in my deck, so if you wanted to play against me and you only had a single or even duo color deck you would have to worry about being crushed by every color ( this means that I have Colorless cards, Black cards, Blue cards, Green cards, Red cards, and White cards)
    I also have some Sailor Moon cards they're pretty cool, the one thing that I didn't get, is how come they're out of print? The game is kind of
    confusing at first, but you get the hang of it after playing it for awhile. I have one Sailor Moon deck. I'm also currently creating my own card game, it's called Sorcerers Aprentice (I accidentally misspelled Apprentice, and it stuck to the name ever since I created it). It's a really cool card game, you can have a manimum of 16 creatures on the field at a time. (I chose 16 because there are 16 different elements, Arch, Colorfoil, Decay, Earth, ESP, Flame, Growth, Healing, Lightning, Metal, Nuclear, Quickness, Space, Tone, Yeild, and Wave). Every creature has things that they are strong and weak against, for example, Let's say that I have a creature called
    Mechanized Angel Girl which has the Healing and Metal element symbols as her types, her species is FemaleMech.Angel, and her level is 80, {this means that her HP (Hard Points) is 8000} she is weak against Flame, Lightning, and
    Nuclear and she is strong against Decay, Earth, and Growth. I have designed over 200 different kinds of cards, and I have yet to make it available to the public, so, until I'm close to doing this, see ya later!

13. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

I've given up on Yu-Gi-Oh, though I play occassionaly. Now I'm playing more like Texas Hold, Black Jack, and such.

14. Shinkei

Shinkei New Member

I play Yu-gi-oh right now... I just bougt a structure deck yesterday (DEC. 22), I'm thinkin of new combos. I also have about 6 back- up custom decks, one of which has only been defeated in... oh... say, 3 years (not to brag *_* [ahem]:D). Yeah, that's about it...

15. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Wow, I'm amzaed there aer still people who play. I mean I haven't seen a tournament happen in for so long. It's mainly Magic or such nowadays.

16. Sango

Sango New Member

I want to look into magic......it looks really fun.

17. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Heh, I play magic with friends every friday. Been playing since I was like 10. It's a cute little game, and by that I mean it's interesting...*nods*
    I dunno...I play a goblin deck, oldschool and newer Kami and samurai decks. =)

18. Julius II

Julius II New Member

games i have recently played are: Gin Rummy, Poker, Texas Hold'em, Kings, School Bus, and Horse Races......do drinking card games count???? if not then kings, school bus and horse races are out:p

19. shadow_fox

shadow_fox New Member

i use to play pokemon but then i gave my cards to one of my friends and started playing yugioh,i'm pretty okay at it

20. shadow_fox

shadow_fox New Member

marlefan,your card game sounds interesting,i can't wait to buy if it hits the market:)