FLCL FLCL under fire.

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Nephilim_X, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

it just baffles me there are so many clueless people out there. would she have complained if the animation came from the States? probably not even. she has no clue, and is misinformed truly. ..sorry my rant was in that other thread that started.

2. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

poor, stupid people with nothing better to do:anger:

the show is on adult swim, that is enough to shut her mouth:anime:

3. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

ALL IN FAVOR OF BEATTING HER OVER THE HEAD WITH A GUITAR RAISE YOUR GUITAR!!!! *rases hers* LETS GOOOO!!!!

Misao
    [​IMG]

4. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

* Raises His Gibson Les Pauls * *

5. Okami

Okami New Member

man i'm only 14 i bought the whole series and whatched it on Adult Swim..... Ive dun a bad bad ting. lol

i mean it was a bunch of funny stuff mixed in with some phylisophical themes that werent that hard to understand

personally i think we should go tape the womans mouth shut and then hit her over the head with the guitar

6. Furi_Kuri

Furi_Kuri New Member

sry about replying so late to the original post. im not going to go on abotu how it is or isnt suitable for children because im old enough to watch it anyway :p and everyone has said it ... to death.

im guessing FLCL was on american cartoon network im from england and our cartoon network sux major *** and if it was on in the Uk i am pissed i missed it (i have it on dvd anyway but thats not the point).

Not sure if america is the same as the UK but we have soemthign called watershed its like 9 oclock here and any shows on after 9 oclock are allowed ot put anything on ?? just wondering about it if someone could inform me bout it that would be grand.

O ye i recon il slur that womens good name a bit before i finish she is odviasly living a sheltered life and surprised she was adult enough to even produce a child if she finds FLCL bad.

ltr

7. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Someone should send the woman who wrote that article a link to this thread and see what she says. :D

"Oh my, these children are CORRUPTED because they didn't listen to me when I said that their Furry Curry show is HORRIBLY INAPPROPRIATE!!!!"

8. Zelgadis

Zelgadis New Member

It is to be expected that some people will not get the concept that others have recognized. If an inquiry is pressed, the legitimacy will fade and then the mistakes shall find the aperature from which to show the fallacious nature of it all. Do not fear for the truth shall leave signs from which the origin shall vanish and the case be resolved in the favor of the faithful.

9. Ryu-Ki

Ryu-Ki New Member

I agree with femme_fatale, send her a link to this thered.

But I really,Really,REALLY, agree with Aoshi's_angel,

quote:

Originally posted by Aoshi's_angel
    ALL IN FAVOR OF BEATTING HER OVER THE HEAD WITH A GUITAR RAISE YOUR GUITAR!!!! *rases hers* LETS GOOOO!!!!

While running down stares to grab a Bass Guitar.

10. Haruko Haruhara

Haruko Haruhara New Member

I read that once! OMFG!!! Im ashamed to say we live in the same state not to mention planet! That woman sounds like some sort of naive *****! She totally exaggerated!! My god! She must not get out much. The worst things shes hiding from her little kids to her are the telltubbies Im sure! What an A- hole!! She needs to see how America takes things too seriously!!

11. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Does anyone know what she was referring to? I found out. It's so ridiculous and probably one of the most exaggerated things wrote here. You all know when Ninamori is standing on the back of the truck eating her popsicle? This is it. (episode 5.)
    For one, she's not a teenager. Just a kid, really. Secondly, that's a popsicle, not a lollipop.
    Anyways- this is way too subtle. I mean, this lady's the one with the sick mind here. If you'll notice, Ninamori is sucking on her popsicle. Well, how else are you supposed to eat it?! Most people would never think of something like that, even if it is a sexual reference, (which it may or may not be- knowing Gainax... it could very well be.)
    Not to mention- Is a child REALLY going to notice that and think "Oh, that girl is ________"
    No. That woman needs help. Her poor, poor children.

12. Haruko Haruhara

Haruko Haruhara New Member

Yeah, its most likely that she prolly has a VERY perverted way of thinking. And geez! Youre right, thats how I eat my popcicles! She also must have very bad vision also. But it could be a sexual feference, there were a few in the series but nothing some little kid is going to think about, unless that woman is the kids parent who points out sexual references! ...sicko...

13. Rill

Rill New Member

i have three words

selective breeding programs.

14. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Re: i have three words

Hell, I've been in support of baby lisences for years now.

15. Atomsk

Atomsk New Member

and i thought i was dum

16. Atomsk

Atomsk New Member

isnt that why that why the FCC made CN not show any more?

17. naota_phan

naota_phan New Member

Come on, American television is so F---ed Up they have to waterdown anything that they beleive is bad. Trust me, you know sailor moon, I have seen all the episodes undubbed in japanese, There is stuff they don't want american children to see. For the most part Homosexuality. THe FCC has strict guidelines for what they air on tv. Which sucks. They need a tv channel just for uncensored anime for adults. Do you think that is right that we have to suffer for some politican insecurity