Sailor Moon "For Sailorvenus Fans Everywhere"?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Sebastien, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

As much as I love Sailorvenus in this version, as Seraphim stated in another thread, after the opening, it should have said "For Sailorvenus Fans Everywhere" instead.

Episodes 1-17 revolved around her; She was under the spotlight and though less at this point, still is. Her transformation doesn't ressemble any other Inner Guardian's. It is as long as Sailormoon's, with her whole five minutes dramatic pose deal.

Do you guys think it's true that perhaps Venus is the 'favourite' in this case? Everything seems to be happening to her, and most of the attention revolves around her. Other great characters such as Sailorjupiter are disregarded.

2. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Maybe Venus is the favourite, but she's not my favourite as far as the live action goes. I very much like the portrayal of Sailorjupiter, and I wouldn't want her to be ignored.

From what I've seen in the live action, it would seem that it focuses a lot on her, but it may or may not be because of certain beliefs concerning her, at first.

I think it's a good thing in a way that the favourite isn't Sailormoon, as it must have been in the other series (hint: title of the series :p), but I'd like to see the other senshi get attention too.

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

hmm .. well there are a lot of positives in the attention Venus gets, let's pretend its real. She is a popular singer, she has a cool cat thing that talks to her, she's probably rich, she knows about the past, can run in high heels and has a video game about her costumed alter ego. (ok maybe not in the Live) and she has a long but cool transformation where ribbons upon ribbons caress her body as she becomes enveloped into her costume through cartwheels or something. On the neg side, she's painfully kept this crazy pastlife crap inside her head only talking to a glowing stuffed bean-bag cat, running around in high heels chasing after crazy guys in tuxes stealing jewelry, been all by herself being chased by fans and spending a ton of time in the hospital because of the most ultimate horrible negative thing ever.

so cheers to you Venus. best of luck. and let Jupiter take your place when you explode or your pet eats you.