Paranormal Fortune telling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chance, Mar 17, 2006.

1. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

So, good question for most, do you believe in fortune telliing? Or do you think the whole palm reading, star gazing, tarot card thing is just a bunch of superstitous mojo?

2. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Mojo HAH more like a crock of sh*t. It has been proven on Brainiac that a fortune telling and all the other good stuff is fake...and to go against it was a chimpanzee so yea the chimp ended up winning by 1 :p

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Nope.

Went to like one or two for the hell of it, and they said good fortune. Belive me, I'm filled with almost the complete oposite.

Besides, I don't belive in destiny. You choose your own path.

So yeah, to me, it's all crap. I'd belive it if the so called 'fortune tellers' wouldn't charge you a 'fortune'....

-Seishin

4. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

It can be kind of fun when you don't have to pay for it (i.e horoscopes, fortune cookies, etc.), but I wouldn't spend a bunch of money just to be told that "great joy and great sadness lie ahead in my future", or some crap like that which applies to pretty much everyone. I could bull**** a punch of "fortunes" for you guys, and some of them may even turn out to be true, but that doesn't make me a psychic =P

5. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

yah I guess if you could actually believe in the bible its hard to believe you can't in fortune telling..^__^ well I do

6. Samurai Me

Samurai Me New Member

No way,I think its fake,totally fake! there is no possible way to tell the future from looking at a palm or using a buch of cards made in a factory,so no,I think its a buch of hoo ha!

1 person likes this.
  7. Sabrina

Sabrina New Member

well I believe in fortune telling, just because every time I've had my fortune told, It was a fairly pleasing outcome. I know there are a TON of fakes in the world, but if you really believe in it, I think you can figure it out. Plus horoscopes are fun to read. and me and kayasha have had our share of trying to squeeze our fortunes out of an ouija board.....gah that was weird...

8. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Fortune telling is nothing but cold reading. You say many general things, and when you sense the client wants to know more, you explore that part.

Example:

Reader: This is something that has to do with someone you love... perhaps a relative... (waits) or someone you like... (detects interest). Yes, it has to do with someone you're in love with.
    Client: Yes, it's about my boyfriend!
    Reader: I feel... some fear... perhaps you're afraid...
    Client: Yes, is he cheating on me?
    Reader: I see... that your relationship is having problems recently, there is uncertainty and distrust...
    Client: It is SO true! Tell me more!
    Reader: I sense that your relationship is in jeopardy...
    Client: But tell me, is he dating someone?
    Reader: Ummm... let me see, I sense the presence of someone... a woman... maybe a friend of his... (waits for input)... or his work... (notices anger in client)
    Yes, in his work...

And it goes on, and on. You really don't know how much info your body language exposes...

9. Orion

Orion Gears

I think fortune tellers rely on luck. They'll either say you'll have good or bad fortune, and they just hope if they say good that you'll have a good day. Maybe people are fooled into thinking they'll have a good day that they do, and vice versa. Fortune teller mind probe ZOMG!

:)

10. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

The fortune telling buiness is very intresting to try out. I don't nessisarily believe it, I don't. Though, it still is intriging to learn and have someone tell your fortune. As long as they arn't like really really fake!

11. Orion

Orion Gears

I think they are. i mean, how can someone possibly predict your future by looking at your hand? They say it's the lines in your hand that tell your future. Uh, no... I'm pretty sure that the lines in your hand tell how much hard work you've done in your life, or something along those lines. >.>

12. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

The problem is that people are easily fooled by their dreams, like the mirror in the Harry Potter book. People have a distorted image on the world, and see themselves in that distorted image and think that things work some way.

This self-deceit is very dangerous, because once you believe it, you end up convincing others of the same lies you fabricated. And this is why people who believe in astrology, palm reading, etc. end up becoming fortune tellers themselves. Most don't do it with bad intention, but the damage is done nonetheless.

Sad reality, isn't it... to think I was one of them.

13. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

I know that tarot cards lead you into thinking certain things.

Like when I went to a website and got this card.

The card represents the critical factor for the issue at hand. Five of Cups (Disappointment): Suffering a loss and wishing for what might have been. Being crippled by sadness, grief, and vain regret. Indecision brought on by the feeling that you made the wrong choice. Ignoring what you still have. May suggest a broken relationship or tragedy. May also suggest a gift, inheritance, opportunity, partnership, or marriage, but one that falls below expectations.

First off let's look at what the loss could be. It bascally says it could be anything. Everyone has lost. We have all made a wrong choice at some point. Depending on our choice we may ignore what we have. Wait now hear is the kicker it could be something else. Like a gift. Who doesn't get a few gifts a year?

Anyway I think they are above all interesting. But keep in mind they are there to place a thought in your head and keep on leading it on. There really isn't anything magical about it. It is really just you who is reacting to it.

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I read the horoscopes in the papers... I never really believe any of it, but it is kind of interesting. I think these sorts of things, in addition to being based off of your reactions, are also kept broad and non-specific enough so that it'll apply to you for sure.

For example, I pulled this horoscope off a random website:

While you're almost positive that these results are permanent, you'll get real proof of your accomplishments in a few days. Once all the evidence is in, you can go ahead and celebrate your big victory.

Sound like it fits, even though you're not Aquarius? :p

15. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I think Fortune Telling is load of crap -with all due respect to whom may think otherwise.

No one knows the future but God. I'd explain more into depth about it, but it won't just get deep into religion, but also I lack the proper or the right words for it ^^;

16. Robert Lindblad

Robert Lindblad New Member

It's real. As in any occupation their are some that are great at it, some that are average, and some that are not that good at it.

17. Chance

I guess my opinion is kind of jaded because of my background but I do believe in fortune telling.

18. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

I believe that fortune telling is a load of bull. One must understand that many peoples actions affect others and so on. And adding on to this, there are so many people already in this world. Fortune telling must not only predict the emotions set in the situation, but also the massive amount of chain reactions set by other peoples actions. So because of this, I highly doubt that fortune telling is actually possible.

To put it in more literal terms...anyone can do fortune telling. "Good things will come to you..." There, I just told you fortune...lol ^_^ crappy but w/e.

19. Chance

Yeah, I grew up in a fairly weird family, my dad being a 'vampire' and my mom being new age mystic. Both taught me and showed me things that just could not be denied. Now, I must admit, some things they taught were far too unbelievable to take note of but other thing made sense. Fortunes, like weather can be read if you know how because everything you do is predictable in ways. It just takes skill, and a bit of luck to get fortune telling down.