Video Games Funny Video Game.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Star Princess, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

Do you own a game, or used to own a game that had parts that weren't suppose to make you laugh, but you found them really, really, funny?

2. Nakoruru

Nakoruru New Member

Dreamcast, Zombie Revenge, it's so stupid, it's funny, bad voices, bad graphics, bad gameplay, everything so bad, but hey, it made me laugh, but that's just me.

3. Novus

Novus Gone

Shining Force 2 for the Genesis. There's a part where Kazin, an apprentice wizard, finds his mentor, Sir Hawel, dying, having been attacked by the minions of the demon-possessed King Runefaust. Hawel tries to tell Kazin something, as Kazin replies "Stop talking or you'll die!", trying to tell his mentor to try to rest until help arrives. Back when I played this game the first time, my friends and I used to read the lines of the characters aloud in voices we felt suited the situation. I was reading Kazin's parts, and by accident I made this line sound like a threat, as though the mage was going to kill his mentor if he didn't shut up. Since then, I have always pictured the scene that way, and I start laughing even now, just thinking about it. I once posted this fact on a Shining Force forum, and then got banned for that comment. Damned fascists.
    In the same game, there's a scene where the main character and his advisor, Sir Astral, walk behind a monastary to find a young female monk bathing. Astral smacks the hero and says "She's too beautiful for you!". I found this funny, because I'm sure Astral got himself a good look first. Minutes later, she jumps out of the water and there's a good two seconds of 16-bit sprite nudity. It's just really stupid that they even put that in there, and the rampant gratuity and pointlessness is always funny.
    In Phantasy Star IV, also for the Genesis, one villain, Zio, by name, always amused me. Joking around with my sisters one day, I decided to sing the lines of every character in the game to the tune of songs from Jesus Christ Superstar. This was difficult, mostly because the lines do not fit, at all. The exception was Zio. Every one of his lines fits the song "Jesus Must Die" (the one sung by Caiaphas and the Pharisees). Even the number of laughs in one scene fit the music. It's like "ha ha ha ha ha, ha ha ha ha ha!" Hard to picture, but if you know the song, it makes sense.
    Also in PS4, there's a scene where one character dies, and Rika (another character) says "Even Gires won't heal her!" (or something like that). At this point in the game, I was having the worst of luck with Rika, and she kept dying and not getting levels up. As a result, neither her nor anyone else in the group had the spell "Gires", so this was kind of funny.
    Oh, and the fact that in Tales of Destiny 2 you can change the names of the characters, even though the voices in-game still use whatever name the default is (obviously).
    And of course there's Lavitz's voice in Legend of the Dragoon. "Spinning Cane!"

4. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

To be honest, The Enter the Matrix "movements".

I mean...the movements are so hilarous, not to mention Max Payne!

Well, the last "dream" sequence where he quotes: " There were menu tabs above me, repetive shooting and slowing down time to show my great moves. Now I realised, i was in a computer game "

And the always "clicking-on-characther" thing you do in the "Craft" games. I.e: WarCraft / StarCraft.

" My Life For Aiur! Argh, I mean Nerazul! "

- Teddz

5. Novus

Novus Gone

I was playing Dynasty Warriors: Xtreme Legends with my sister, and she started cracking up when she fought a guy named Cao Pi. The dubbing in that series is great too. I swear, in DW3, they called a guy in from the accounting department to play one of the characters. He yells "Feel the power of my magic!!!", with much hilarity. And in the ending movie, it picks a character from the game at random to sing the ending song, and another character to dance, another to sit in a chair drinking, etc. One time, I played through the game using Zhuge Liang (this guy in a green robe who fights by hitting people with a feathery fan) with a friend. All the way through, we kept commenting on how my character fought with the same fighting style as some of the female fighters. At the end of the game, the character singing and dancing to the song (which is sung by a woman with a really high voice) was Zhuge Liang. Isn't randomness fun?
    The hand movements in FFX are pretty funny as well. Such as Rikku's hand-flailing, and Tidus waving his arms around randomly at times. I'd demonstrate, but it really loses the effect when you can't see my pantomime.

6. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

We have the SNES Contra game (I think it's called Contra: the Alien Wars). My dad and my brother would play it, and because the monsters looked so goofy, they would die laughing all through the game (specifically in stages three and four). It IS funny to watch.

7. Novus

Novus Gone

Find a Metaly in a Dragon Warrior game. They look like Hershey Kisses.

8. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy New Member

Giant Citizen Kabuto is funny, and Silent hill if you play it enough you relize how brilliant the creators were i still think the first silent hill is the best.

9. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Grand Theft Auto III: Grab a bat, then start beating up grannies! Always good for a laugh.

Final Fantasy VII: The whole Honey Bee Inn incident. 'Nuff said.

Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball: Playing the game just brings giggles to my eyes. And mouth.

Earthbound: The whole game is hilarious. But the Foppys and Mr. Belch are particularly funny. You know, because they're Foppys and a big pile of vomit. And Mr. Saturns....extremely gookily.

I'd probably think of more, but that's all I can think of.

10. Legato666

Legato666 New Member

HAHA, what about that one video game that said
    "All your base are belong to us." hahahahah thats great.

11. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

LOL... Teddz that's true, the thingy you wrote from max payne

12. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

If anyone remembers the Crash Banticoot 2 when he beat a boss the funny dance he would would do that I think should have given the game a T instead of K-A like it was (pelvic thrust)

13. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

The old LucasArts point and click adventures could not be beat.
    Monkey Island, Sam and Max, Indiana Jones etc etc.
    Lucas arts lost their humour somewhere along the way.

If anyone's ever played Anachronox, that was one of the funiest games I've played in recent years.

And who can forget the FMV from the first Resident Evil.

14. darkmagiciangrl

darkmagiciangrl New Member

PS2, the Duliest of the Roses-i laughed at how they looked when they won and lossed-also N64-Mario Kart-i'd go against people, we'd kill the safest driver then we fell of the clifs and stuff!:D

15. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Well Mad Hamish, Grim Fandango is probably my favourite Lucasarts adventure, and in my opinion the funniest, largely due to the brilliant voice acting. And I've played almost all of them(indiana jones and day of the tentacle are the only ones I haven't been able to find).
    Anachronox was pretty funny aswell, but I never beat it because of a bug that meant I couldn't play any further, and this was already a good bit into the game so I never bothered playing through again. But that bit where they were stuck in the ship for weeks was hillarious.
    And Resident Evil... Heh.

16. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

No one live forever 1 was quite funny. Austin Powers style jokes... hoho. GTA: Vice City is the ultimate place to how to mind 'really' works. The assortment of weapons to choose from for your victims is very satisfying. Playstation's pocket Fighter was quite good as well, and it was funny... chibi style capcom fighters in action.

17. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

I'm stuck on a part in it too. Was it the bit where you ether have to help Rho or the old guy, but for some reason can do neither?

18. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

lol, i had this game called Rush 'n Attack, it was hilarious, those soldiers were so stupid looking, and all you had was a little knife, and you used that freaking knife the whole time while invading the enemy base:D :D :D :D

19. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Actualy Hamish, the bit I was stuck on was when I was trying to get underground on one of the planets. I think you were meant to take a picture of this corpse, but I didn't do it the first time I was in there, but the next time I went back it was gone, and I didn't have any recent save file.

20. Novus

Novus Gone

Virtua Fighter Evolution. The 10th Anniversary mode, where you play the original VF game, you can use characters that did not exist back in 1993, but they still stylized them like the old-school chars. Lion and Shun looked so weird in blocky polygon mode.