Outlaw Star Universe Future-Retro Hero Story

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by ZakoSoldier, Jun 22, 2005.

1. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I just found out about this today but I think it is pretty old. According to ANN Outlaw Star was spun-off of this. Has anyone else read this or even heard about it.

2. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

Outlaw Star is a spin off from Angel Links, although the connections are pretty....small and random. The Angel Links Protection Agency is in one of the episodes of OLS but thats it...so....its kinda hard to imagine that the two are connected but there yah go....i havent actually seen Angel Links so there may be more connections there but....for OLS that all there is...

3. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I have seen Angel links which is not worth it. Not suggesting it.
    If you go to the Outlaw Star Manga page on ANN on the related stuff part it says OutLaw star.

4. Laughing Hyena

Laughing Hyena New Member

Hello!
    I'm actually the one who posted that info on ANN (Since I own them). Tried looking at the ANN trivia bits yet on FRHS?

Yes, it is connected. Were you wondering where Ark, Urt, and Hadul came from right? Or when spell guns (Casters) were first created?
    The order is:
    Future-Retro Hero Story (During our timeline and before Dragonite is discovered)
    Outlaw Star/Angel Links (Series are happening at the same time)

On the Outlaw Star.Net forums where I work under, we have a section just for FRHS:Outlaw Star.Net's FRHS section

Jinmen Juushin was also scanlating the eight volume series. The website took down the downloads when people got out of hand, however. The main translator is working under a new site now, but the site doesn't have any editors. He told me that if he can't wait for an editor, he will publish text-only translations.
    I'll post any links to them later if he informs me since you are interested in them.

Also as a FRHS fan, I really want Kohryu to show up in a Outlaw Star sequel (if it ever happens, come on Ito!) some time. I think the chemistry between him and Gene would be interesting or just plain funny.

5. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

So to make it clear. As far as ANN goes.

Future-Retro Hero Story (manga)
    Outlaw Star (manga) (spinoff)
    Outlaw Star (TV) (adaptation)
    Angel Links (TV) (spinoff)

Of course there isn't much connection as stated before.

Interesting find. I may check it out.