Watase Yuu Works FY novels series

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by redhair_bandit, Dec 14, 2004.

1. redhair_bandit

redhair_bandit New Member

Hi, uhm... does anyone here know where to get those FY novels in English?? i just heard about them recently :p..... cuz it'll be great to get to know the characters' past lol :p :p

2. Krystal-chan

Krystal-chan New Member

I get them at Borders. You may want to try there.

3. redhair_bandit

redhair_bandit New Member

i'm not in US... I'm iin Canada ...so there's no Borders here, unfortunately. Thank you anyway... I'm trying to search on Amazon but no result.... typing: Fushigi Yugi novels, only the manga comes out, not the novels :(

4. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Wow, I haven't heared about this!
    So they're about the character's past?
    If they're at Borders what section cause I haven't seen them and how much do they cost?

5. kikyoulvr4eva

kikyoulvr4eva Want a cookie?

There's novels for them? I never knew that. Is there a Barnes and Noble in Canada?

6. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

As far as I know, the Fushigi Yugi novels have not been officially translated into English. I have read some fan translations, but that was quite a while ago, and I don't know where you'd be able to find them (or even if you can find them).

When it comes to the content of the novels, they're pretty good, but they aren't written by Watase Yu. I believe she's approved them, and the cover/interior art is hers, but that's as far as it goes.

You could check out the Fushigi Yuugi: Eikoden OAV; that covers the novels set after the manga ends. That's the only English anything I know of that's available for any of the novels.

I don't know if Viz or any other company plans to translate the novels into English. If you want to see them in English, I would suggest emailing one of the manga translation companies about it. If there is enough interest shown, we may yet see something.

~Shadrach Anki

7. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

8. Fushigi Rockna

Right now i think there's a high chance of them being translated and distributed over here and North Americfa. Why?

Because Viz, the company translating the FY manga, is starting a new line of books, translated Japanese novels. These include Socrates in love, one of Japan's highest selling novels, a novel adaption of Fullmetal Alchemist (the episodes in Xenotime), a Ghost in the Shell novel...and i believe another one, a cult classic in japan about gothic lolitas....

I say it's only a matter of time before they bring over at leats one of the gaiden novels, don't you?