g-force guardians of space episodes

Discussion in 'Gatchaman' started by redturbo, Nov 2, 2003.

1. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

You can get them over here in America. You just have to look for them. I'd go to a good electronic store near where you live and ask them specifically for a region-free player.

2. Meridian

Meridian New Member

And also ask specifically for it to be able to play PAL, and check your TV can handle it too.

3. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

Oh yeah. Forgot about that. *sigh* I'm just going to have to wait for it here in the states. ^_^ By the time I buy a PAL capable tv and a DVD player that is PAL capable and region free, I wouldn't have money to spend on the box set. (This is assuming, of course, that I'd have money for the electronics in the first place ^_^.)

4. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

OK, I was impulsive and just won this on eBay. What do you think? But I never thought that I'd have to check my TV!

Region Free DVD Player

5. Elvin Ruler

Elvin Ruler New Member

Only....$36...PAL/NSTC capable and region free...

WOW! You lucked out! Congratulations!

6. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

That was lucky. I just won two of the R1 DVDs, £11 inc post.

7. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

Hey, Mark! I've not heard of this maker before, but the really good rating of the seller, and the fact that it's new and in box and still under warrenty are all really good signs!!! Even the (very) few negative feedbacks to the seller sound more like sour grapes than real complaints.

I think you've done well, really!!! Seems that there are a lot of new players coming out from places like Korea that are really good and not terribly expensive. When I bought mine I did email the seller and ask if I needed any special cables, but he told me that everything was included (as it seems to be for this one) and I had no trouble at all.

Let us know what happens when you get it, Mark!
    :anime: :anime: :anime:

8. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

I Got It!!!

The DVD player came today, and I was so nervous it wasn't going to work. I popped in my Gatchaman Region 2 DVD...

AND IT WORKED!!!

WHOO HOO!!! Now I'm going to pick up that Entire Series "Battle of the Planets" boxed set from Amazon.uk.com and be all set.

The guy I bought this from has other region-free DVD players on eBay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50599&item=3096048711), so use me as an example that what he says is true.

Mark

9. Melek Taos

Melek Taos New Member

congratualations

10. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

Pal

Thanks. But now I'm worried again because the Gatchaman DVD I put in was NTSC and not PAL. So I'm still not sure if this TV will show PAL. I ordered a PAL DVD and will see what happens. It's an older TV and I had to use an RF Modulator just to connect the DVD player. If that doesn't work, I have a brand new TV I can hook it up to when I want to watch special DVDs. It's amazing how small this player is. It's slightly larger than your typical mousepad.

11. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

Hey! I don't think that you'll have a problem, Mark. From the description, I think the pal dvd will work fine. Mine did, and since (if I understand this right) most region 2 dvd's are pal as well, it would be kind of silly to have a region free player that wouldn't let your tv play it. So, I think you'll be fine.
    Now, all you've got to do is get Gatch on dvd with sub-titles!!!!!! hahaha!!! I'm going to the anime north convention to see if I can find Gatch II and Gatch Fighter with subs, since I have Gatch II on tape, but not knowing what anyone's saying (except for Joe swearing, that is!) is really annoying!!!! :anime: :anime: :catgirl:

12. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

When I get the DVD (Titanic for $7.99 UK!), I'll let you know if it works.

Do thay have Gatchaman with subtitles out yet (besides the BotP DVDs), or is that one of your missions? I saw the Gatchaman DVD boxed set of the complete series, and then saw the price. Yikes!

13. Mark

Mark G-Force Commander

IT WORKS!!! THE PAL DVD WORKS!!!

All right! Now I can order the Entire Series DVD Set!!!

14. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

LOL!!! Everyone please step back and give Mark room to do his happy dance........!!!! :anime: :anime: :anime: :anime:

Getting the 3 Gatch series with decent sub-titles is quickly becoming a major mission with me! But, with the new info from ADV (whom I've already emailed to harrass, by the way!) I have hope!

Mind you, that's not going to stop me from looking on the Con on Saturday and seeing what they have! Hehehe! Wish me luck, and if I do manage to get copies of everything, I'll be joing you, Mark, in that happy dance!

15. DevoVamp

DevoVamp New Member

Well, I went; I saw; but there were no Gatch II or F dvd's (or anything else, for that matter) to be bought. There was a copy of "Gatchaman Graffeti", though, but it was $65!!! YIKES!!

After seeing everyone in costume, though, I felt a bit underdressed!!! LOL!!! I did buy a wicked BOTP t-shirt with the "G" symbol on the front and all the characters on the back, and another red sleeveless shirt that had the japanese symbol for "courage" embroidered on the front. I had a blast, though!! I loved watching the anime music videos that people put together, and loved it!! Someone even set one (which they'd changed to look like an old 1920's style silent movie reel) to Chopin!! Very cool.

Anybody know how you do those things? It must take forever!!