Naruto Gaara of the Sand Village

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Suzu, Mar 26, 2004.

?

What do u think of Gaara?

1. A True Villan

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. A Poor Victim

20 vote(s)
    90.9%
  1. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Voice up your opinions of him. Is he a true villan or victim?
    Anyone feel sympathetic toward him? Deteste him?
    Why?

***warning spoilers***

I think Gaara is a victim, since his childhood wasn't a very good one. I hope that his companions take good care of him, and compansate to what has happened to Gaara in the past.

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

a victim who needs to overcome his past

I think Naruto has changed Gaara for the good. I think his siblings realize as well now they should look out for Gaara and not be afraid of him. Things happened in Gaara's life that made him a victim. It's time for Gaara to overcome that. but.. my concern is still the demon within him... poor guy can't even sleep! I love Gaara. I used to think he was a jerk, but he changed. I hope we see more of him later on in the manga.

you know, I didn't know Yashamaru was a guy until I watched the anime. I thought Yashamaru was Gaara's Aunt in the manga.

3. Uchiha Kumiko

Uchiha Kumiko New Member

hmm...thats a toughy. I think he's both. He's my favorite bad guy so far, but he had a really messed up childhood...I mean, Naruto, at least, got friends eventually...

BTW, the battle between Naruto and Gaara is my all time favorite!! I hope Gaara eventually comes back into the storyline...

Me too!! Wait...I STILL think he's a girl...meh, oh well. Che, it's the same thing with Haku...And also with Fujiwarano Sai and Touya Akira if anyone watches/reads Hikaru no Go...

4. Aelonil

Aelonil New Member

yes omg, its just getting there in the anime, and the wait is killing me! it will prolly be another month or 2 before we get the full fight

5. Sleepy_G

Sleepy_G New Member

He's just a kid

Bare in mind there only like 12/3 there not fully mature (niether am i and im 16 for goddness sake) and also
    how could u get over it. Gaara has a demon inside of him (his mother) which he's trying 'keep happy' by feed it strong ninja's blood. Plus how could u get over everybody being afaid of you and your own father sending ninja to assasinate u unexpectly think about it *Open to critisizm*

6. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Again, I say he has to move on. and I do know he can't sleep and is possessed. Still he has to live with it.

open to 'criticism'

7. immortalrin

immortalrin New Member

He's a victim . . .

8. Christabel

Christabel New Member

Yeah Gaara is a poor victiom..*sniff*

9. Uchiha Kumiko

Uchiha Kumiko New Member

Also, disregarding the whole childhood part there's also something else that might help with his innocence.

Poor guy. Someone who hasn't slept for 12 years is bound to go insane eventually o_O

10. gaaras_revenge

gaaras_revenge New Member

well considering his horrible childhood, u wanna try to blame him for what he became later? hes gotten better at being something more human now so its alright.

11. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i think that gaara is a victim cause like lots of other peoples said, he had a bad child hood <like me> and on top of that, his dad told that guy/girl person to kill him . . . but naruto did change him because gaara said something like, "itsuka ore ni mo . . . ai" or something like that. he even told his sister and brother sorry for the first time . . .

12. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

He is a victim, a very poor victim, I actually cried while watching episode 75-77, during his story of childhood. So what if he can't control the sand, cant anyone teach him how to?
    I don't want to say any spoilers even though that the anime reached 91 so far [finally I was able to catch up ^^;], but just in case for thoes who discovered Naruto just now. :)

13. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Well, if you want to see what becomes of Gaara afterwards then be sure to read the manga!

Even if Gaara is a victim and has a demon within him, that is no reason for him to go around killing people. Look at Naruto, his whole life he had one sealed in him and was persecuted for this. You don't see him going around killing people. I can tell that Naruto really helped Gaara and most likely changed his life.

There is also a correlation with Sasuke also, he has demons from him own childhood. They aren't technically demons as with Naruto and Gaara, but they still have a powerful influence on him. Sasuke has to realize that he can't feed his demons and should live the best life he can, and hopefully Naruto can help him realize this as he did with Gaara.

14. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Just like what Naruto said to himself, he'd be just like Gaara if no one acknoledged him. If he had no friends or anyone who cares about him or someone who doesn't even know he exists, I am sure that he'll turn just like Gaara, but probably less powerful.

After the match between Gaara and Naruto, we all saw how Gaara treated his siblings (these two are his siblings??!), I guess he is closing one dark chapter of his life and opening a new one.

15. 13_Jesalae

13_Jesalae New Member

You can get those episodes on YouTube, & on a few other sites. Mn, that was a sweet fight... And the second time the Sand Siblings step in, is friggen awesome! It does take a while for them to get back, thuogh...

16. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Gaara is a born badass. He's a villian in every sense of the word. His appearances/attitude/and perferred methods of destructions are all villian-esque. Even if he does end up fighting for the good guys, he's still a badass bad guy deep on the inside. Victim or not, it doesn't matter. Aren't 90% of all villians victims in one way, shape, or form anyway?

Gaara = Villian... and an awesome one at that.

~W

17. Chane

Chane Audience of One

Read the manga.

'nuff said.

Gaara =/= Villain

18. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Yeah Gaara isn't a villain because he is the... Opps can't spoil everything. ;)

19. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Not a villian, coz :sweat2: er i better not say anything just incase i spoil it for anyone or whatever:D

20. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Dammit, he's not a villain. Oh well, he's still a brillaint badass. I love watching him fight (except in the fillersomgdidIjustsaythatnoooo!!).

~W