Slayers Universe Game: Remember when...

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Oct 6, 2004.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Jeez, this forum keeps dying! We need to find a way to inject some permanent life into it. Ah well, for now, we'll do a temporary fix, with a game thread.

This game is called "Remember When..." It's similar to "Fact or Fiction," but more challenging.

First, someone says, "Remember when..." followed by an occurence in the series/OVAs. Repliers answer with the episode it happens in, along with explaining the scene a bit.

Ie. Question: Remember when Lina blew up a village?
    Response: Oh, yes, that was Episode 1 of the original Slayers series, she cast he Dragon Slave to kill a black dragon, and ended up blowing up the village.

Something like that.

Second, there are what are called, "False memories." Where someone posts something that didn't actually happen. With these, you tell them it didn't happen, and explain a scene that could be mistakenly remembered as such.

Ie. Question: Remember when Lina dressed as a Jellyfish?
    Response: That didn't happen, Gourry dressed as a Jellyfish in an Episode of Slayers Next, and he seemed way too comfortable in that costume.

And they can get much more difficult than that, as they can cover occurences, quotes, places, etc., to win at this game, you'll need extensive knowledge of the series in all its incarnations and dubs, and subs.

So this game tests your knowledge, your memory, and your general fandomness of Slayers.

[EDIT]Also, if you can't figure it out, say, "No, I can't remember," and take a guess at when it might have happened. These can be more general, encompassing a broader scope.

Ie. Question: Remember when Lina used the Dragon Slave Serve?
    Response: No, I can't remember, did it happen in Slayers Next?
    Q-asker's response: Yes, it did. When Lina used it, she wasn't wearing her usual outfit.
    2nd Response: Oh, now I remember, it was the Brass Rackets Episode!
    [/EDIT]

So, here's the first question, and it's a toughie.

Remember when Lina referred to herself as "Ore-sama?"

Good luck!

2. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Sorta fuzzy...sounds familiar, though.

When she says it, is it more a proud announcement, or a confused repeat of someone else calling her by that name?

3. Reisti Skalchaste

It's kind of a menacing, threatening tone. (As if that would help much :D ) But the translated quote is "Do you know who I am?"

Does that help?

(As a side note, Ore-sama is a very tough, manly, superior way to refer to yourself)

4. Reisti Skalchaste

No one remembers? Or no one bothered to look at this thread?

Well, Lina refers to herself as Ore-sama in Episode... I think 11 or 12, when she's teaching Amelia to do the Dragon Slave, and gets possessed by a ghost.

How about this. Who remember how many times Lina's chest has been made fun of? (Though, it's really not that bad :blush: )

5. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Ummm...

on every single episode except a few continuations? :p

6. Reisti Skalchaste

I'm not sure, but I think that's pretty close. :D

7. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Mental Note: Keep track of all Lina-bust gags in subsequent viewings, complete with timestamps. :)

There's at least half a dozen in Premium alone.

8. luvweaver

On a sidenote... Lina should be grateful. With her measures, she's still more voluptuous than Cherry! :D

9. Reisti Skalchaste

Where's your proof? Do you have Lina's measurements? I will say that I don't appreciate you saying that. Besides, Cherry's much nicer than Lina.

Bigger isn't necessarily better, you know. - Cherry, SMJ Again

[EDIT] Cherry's measurement's: 80-50-80 (Centimeters) Also, I'm pretty sure she's a B-cup. Shh... Don't let her find out I typed this!

10. luvweaver

LOL :p. Hey, take it easy, pal... i was just comparing sizes, not quality.
    Actually, in the Slayer movie, we can see Lina in underwear, and her measures can be actually quantified by the keen eye. ^^;;
    Anyway here's a screenshot. I couldn't find any bikini one. So, the shadows here allow us to appreciate... :eek: WHAT THE HECK AM I SAYING!!!

Anyway, Just in case the hotlink doesn't work,
    here's the original page.
    Anyway... *ahem* :shy3: let's go on with the game :sweat2:

Remember when...
    Amelia's "finger of justice" made its appearance? In a particular episode, her index finger actually showed a face! It was very funny.

So, can you guess which episode, and in which season of the series?

11. Reisti Skalchaste

Unfortunately, neither of the links work. And, going by Premium screenshots, Lina is actually probably a B-cup as well, but I think, in the rest of the 3 series, she's an A-cup.

Here's
    a pic to help prove my point, though. It's fairly easy to tell.

And here is a pic taken from the original Slayers series.

But, this is pointless. Back to the remembering.

I'm absolutely positive that the "Finger of Justice" would be in Next, I know it was the latter half, but for the life of me, I can't remember the episode. Maybe... 20?

I'll rewatch soon, and let you know for sure.

How about this. Can you type the chant for the Dragon Slave, in Japanese? (Romanji is fine, you... non... kanji user, yeah that'll work)
    Translated?

Quite a feat of memory if you can. (But no cheating. You can check what it says in Japanese, but you can't turn subtitles on, or go to a webpage that says them.)