Anime Gantz

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Ciel, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I wondered if anyone else has seen this anime yet? currently 2 episodes are available subtitled and its a Gonzo anime as well. The animation is impressive and the story is very.. interesting I should say.

Action, violence, assassinations, aliens.. the official site can be found here, click on 'movie' to see the quick trailer http://gantz.net/ and yes the music played during the trailer is disturbing but this anime is deep stuff.. the anime makes me want to kick some of the apathetic people in it.

edit: I just found out the tv version is seriously cut-up. people are waiting for the fansubbed dvd versions that aren't censored. I wondered what was up when in the trailer this guy's torso blows up and it doesnt show in the actual episode..

2. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

I've just seen first 4 episodes yesterday, and i looooved it! Seriously, its one of the cooles anime series out there. Can't wait to see the rest of it :rolleyes: . It is a violent anime, but its also very mysterious. But its sooo addictive you just cant stop watching it ;) .

And, um, i dont think they cut out alot of gross scenes out of Australian version, not sure about American thou... But its rated MA15+ in here.

3. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

The tv version is extremely cut up...... :(
    ive seen the first 11 episodes and think this anime is fantastic, the further into the story it gets, the better it gets....
    but try n see the uncut versions if possible, thyre far better...

4. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Hmm I found it uncut now. It's because when the subs first came out, the source for the fansubbers was the aired version. It's all good now. The manga is really good too, scary but interesting.

5. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

Yeah it is good:) I read two volumes and cant wait to read more. But, somehow, i like anime more.

6. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

Hi agen, notice not alot of writing going on about this anime.. strange really considering,its one of the best ive seen in a while...

neways the real reason for my post is just to ask some of u about Gantz... myb the manga readers will know more than me as i have only seen the anime, and even then ive only seen eps 1-22 and i know i shudnt have but managed to get a fansub of the last episode too, so ive missed 23,24 and 25, but im soooooooooooooooo confused... sum1 please help me...
    ***********spoilers included here************** if u dont wanna know then dont start reading agen until the stars reappear lol...

y does gantz tell them 2 hunt Kei-chan? do they find out who or what gantz is and y he hunts the aliens.. or how he copies dead ppl etc yet? im just confused when every1 but Kei-chan dies and then at the end he does die but nothing happens after that?

im almost as pissed off at this not knowing wat happens.. as i was when i finished watching the "Berserk" anime and if uve seen how it ends, u'll know wat im talking about...

********************spoilers over*********************

sum1 please help me tho, i just really wanna know if it tells u nething i mite have asked about in the episodes ive missed... or if u just never get 2 find nething like that out... and u stay confused....?

7. EVA-001

EVA-001 New Member

I love gantz.

8. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Gantz is awesome. I watched the first episode and was like WTF? Then I watched more. I got a few people hooked on it. Hehe. I have 9 dvds of it. Sucks how they put 2 episodes on a dvd.

9. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

Any1 seen rite to the end? ne1 care to explain it to me cuz im confused as hell

10. Basher

I have to wait until the next volume is out but I will answer what I can.

does gantz tell them 2 hunt Kei-chan?
    My guess is because he threatened Gantz. The Manga is different from the anime. As what I have seen it didn't say.

do they find out who or what gantz is and y he hunts the aliens.. or how he copies dead ppl etc yet?

Not really. But the manga says "Before the world was created, the world already existed. The world was the source of life, and this life brought light to mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has never put it out." This comes from the manga. The people are hunters. They kill creatures like aliens, people that are a threat, and later vampires.

im just confused when every1 but Kei-chan dies and then at the end he does die but nothing happens after that?

That is how the anime ended. Kei was the main character. The manga is still going on. There is something special about getting 100 points. ;)

I like the manga a lot better.

11. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

Cheers basher, well im definately gona have to read the manga now... The end of the anime confused the hell outa me and u never find out nething of fact... just that every1 dies...
    neways do u know if theres newhere that does the manga scans online?
    if so cud u tell me? i tried havin a look but kept getting broken links. cheers mate

12. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

As much as I think I would like this show, I cannot afford to buy something that's two episodes per disk. Way to go, ADV.

If it weren't for that, I'd probably really like it and own most of it.

13. Basher

14. Kantico

Kantico New Member

Gantz & Kishimoto rules.

The dog is the best :D

15. Basher

If you like the dog then you may like the new character they have in the manga. ;)

16. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Perhaps somebody already knows that this is a perfect Gospel of John ripoff. Anyway my first impression of Gantz was this: "Hey cool! Let's put a bunch of guys together, make them curse all the time, add blood, nonsense violence, and gratuitous nudity. It'll rock!"

And after reading the spoiler at wikipedia (or was it anime online database?) i kept thinking. "Evangelion got stuff 100 times more interesting than this."

My 2 cents.

17. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

NE1 thats seen the anime and def loves it, then u gotta read the manga... its sooooooo good.....
    especially if ur confused by the ending and want toknow more about Gantz..
    gotta read the manga....
    cuz the anime misses out soooo much...

1 person likes this.
  18. Basher

That does not do it justice. ANN does it better.

"Kei Kurono is a typical high school student in a selfish world, not caring about anyone other than himself. However when, by chance, he was forced to help out his childhood friend, Katou Masaru, rescue a drunkard who fell into subway tracks, both he and Katou were killed... Or not. After being run over by the train, they were suddenly teleported to an enclosed apartment with others who recently died. And now their lives are controlled by a mysterious black ball inside the apartment called GANTZ, and they are forced to participate in a "game" of unprecedented danger and horror."

The anime ends rather quickly. Which I hated. But the manga gets way better.

The story has some nudity and also mild language. The people died and are forced to hunt or they die. I would be a little mad.

19. Alucard21

Alucard21 New Member

Everyone seen all the anime now?

I really loved it!!!!! it was fantastic. Although wish it had continued.
    I almost wish the anime had kept going with the neverending story like the manga is doing, i woulda loved to see some of the stuff in the manga come to the screen on the anime.

Anyone else think this way? anyone read further in the manga?

Im upto chapter 256 and the story just keeps getting better and better with loads of twists.

Im so confused at points but loving it.

20. Basher

You are not the only, Alucard. There is a manga thread floating in Manga.

So you have read the BIGGEST storyline change ever. Seeing how you are passed 220, I think.

So for those who have read do you think it is possible to do what is planned?

aka

Bring Kei back?

I don't think so. Unless there is some thing in Gantz it isn't like it happened while being a part of Gantz.

I would watch it all if the anime continued.