Manga Gantz

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Basher, Nov 22, 2005.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

After watching the anime it kind of got me interested in the Manga. The manga is way better. It explains a lot more.

Introduction- Somewhere in Tokyo, there is a room. In that room is a black sphere. Periodically, people who should otherwise have died are transferred to the room. There, the sphere gives them special suits and weapons, and sends them out on a mission to kill aliens here on Earth. While these missions take place, the rest of the world is largely oblivious to them. These missions are lethal - few participants survive them. The sphere calls the shots, and it's not the slightest bit nice. It's name... Gantz. Curtsy of ANN

I had several favorite parts.

There are three options with 100 points. 1. Return to your life and erase your memory. 2. Get a better weapon (and return) 3. Bring someone back to life from the data pool. (You could guess my favorite parts by that reason)

I will not knock the anime it was also good. I liked how that went. Like for the target but I like what the manga did better.

Kei girlfriend rather them him being the target like in the anime.

Maybe 13 episodes were the same then the stories changed.

Gantz manga was never licensed in english so two sites are have to PM me. Read the rules sorry.

2. Sp1k3

Sp1k3 New Member

The anime was okay. But, surely is awesome. I am currently on Chapter 214, I am a few chapters behind, I have been busy lately.

3. Orion

Orion Gears

I haven't read the manga. I want to watch the anime on Anime Network, but it costs money to watch. I don't wanna spend my money just yet. If the manga is better than the anime, I'll just save up for that instead.

4. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Manga is way better. No need to save up unless you want to buy either the french, spainish, german, or japenese versions. At least in the US it didn't get licensed.

It was kind of odd that Kai brought back that sick kid. Need to look up the name. I really thought he would have chosen one of the girls. Then when he left the game a bigger shocker considering he is the main character. My guess is that he will die again. I was happy when Katou was brought back. He can be with his little brother now.